Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

1 hour ago, rene50 said:

Welcome! It sounds like you are doing awesome. That's great that your energy level has increased. I'm hoping that will happen soon for me.

Thanks! I'm sure it will once the calories come up.

1 hour ago, Zyad said:

How’s everybody doing with their fluids? I’m almost 5 weeks out and really struggling with getting to my goal. I heard after week 6 when the stomach is fully healed, we will be able to get more fluids in. More than “sips”. Hopefully, this is right.

I'm doing great. I have to watch the gulping but I'm beyond just sipping. I just have to be diligent and drink often between meals.

3 minutes ago, SINISTER said:

Thanks! I'm sure it will once the calories come up.

I'm doing great. I have to watch the gulping but I'm beyond just sipping. I just have to be diligent and drink often between meals.

That’s a relief. How long are you post op? And is it a sleeve or bypass

On 02/22/2020 at 12:59, BadWolfGirl said:

I am terrible. I get maybe 40 a day. But I have found that hot tea goes down so much faster than cold drinks so I've been trying to have 2-3 cups of that a day.

The sipping kills me. I just want to chug my Water haha

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I am also not meeting my Fluid goal. I say I’m around 40-50. I try to get in 64. But I just feel bloated and too full all day with food and Water and blahh. I just need some time my stomach is empty. So I will eat right before I drink. Then I’ll wait til I feel less full and drink some more. But while I am working or out and about. I only bring with me my 20oz ice water. I can do pretty big gulps now. And that is so refreshing!!! I miss chugging water also. But my gulps r pretty awesome now lol I enjoy them. And after I drink water I feel full. I have never felt full off water lol I love it.

On 02/22/2020 at 13:03, BadWolfGirl said:

I had to up my calories and carbs for more energy. I'm still tired by 4 pm but overall it's been much better. It also helped me get thru a stall.

For my energy I had to get a prescription B12. The store version was just not cutting it.

On 02/22/2020 at 13:25, rene50 said:

Girl, no way you look like you weigh 252. I would have guessed around 210. You must be losing a bunch of inches too!

Wow thanks! I haven’t measured my self in 2 weeks. The last time I measured I had lost 10” total all over. I did have ALOT of muscle coming into this journey. Because I lift weights. And I’m really active in the gym. But nope defiantly 252 lol I wish it was lower my goal weight is 150. So I still have 102lbs to lose.

1 hour ago, Zyad said:

That’s a relief. How long are you post op? And is it a sleeve or bypass

6 weeks and I had the sleeve.

50 minutes ago, sarahSingh91 said:

I am also not meeting my Fluid goal. I say I’m around 40-50. I try to get in 64. But I just feel bloated and too full all day with food and Water and blahh. I just need some time my stomach is empty. So I will eat right before I drink. Then I’ll wait til I feel less full and drink some more. But while I am working or out and about. I only bring with me my 20oz ice Water. I can do pretty big gulps now. And that is so refreshing!!! I miss chugging water also. But my gulps r pretty awesome now lol I enjoy them. And after I drink water I feel full. I have never felt full off water lol I love it.

I can't quite chug, but I can take about 3 to 4 big drinks in a row. That can leave me feeling bloated as well. I can do a 20 oz bottle of Powerade zero in about an hour. I am doing pretty good with getting 64 oz in daily. I was always carrying around a big cup of water prior to surgery, so sipping constantly was a good habit I already had.

Hey y’all!! MIA all week again- it’s all I can do during the work week to come home, do a load of laundry and cook dinner for my 9 & 10 yo. Whew Mama is TIRED!

I wanted to give y’all a little update on my progress- I can’t get on my iPad for some reason so I can’t change my ticker but I’m down to 232.2- woot! That’s 43.2# so far! This week was slower but I’m eating and drinking more- still loosing about half a lb a day so that’s good.

A NSV is that I went to the Goodwill on Monday ( $.99 cent day at my GW) and bought a bunch of size 18 khaki pants- typical art teacher attire- and THEY ZIPPED THIS MORNING! I was a size 24 Jan 2!! Hekka Yeah!

Finally I had a GNO last night- we went to a local pub and then to see Mama Mia our on by our local theater club. I didn’t drink but I ordered their naked mugs (real chicken breast cup into cubes). We were in the nosebleeds- the theater is super old so during segregation it was the “black section” and the seats are TINY dingy and HOT! But I fit!!!!!! I’m attaching a picture of me in my SIZE LARGE dress that I wore (not XXL like 2 months ago!!!)

Also attached is a comparison pic- Jan 2 to last night. Total difference!!

0B73116F-131F-4A04-A710-FB328D8ABB3F.jpeg

F30594C7-6042-4B15-83D5-465FA986F638.jpeg

Hey y’all!! MIA all week again- it’s all I can do during the work week to come home, do a load of laundry and cook dinner for my 9 & 10 yo. Whew Mama is TIRED!

I wanted to give y’all a little update on my progress- I can’t get on my iPad for some reason so I can’t change my ticker but I’m down to 232.2- woot! That’s 43.2# so far! This week was slower but I’m eating and drinking more- still loosing about half a lb a day so that’s good.

A NSV is that I went to the Goodwill on Monday ( $.99 cent day at my GW) and bought a bunch of size 18 khaki pants- typical art teacher attire- and THEY ZIPPED THIS MORNING! I was a size 24 Jan 2!! Hekka Yeah!
Finally I had a GNO last night- we went to a local pub and then to see Mama Mia our on by our local theater club. I didn’t drink but I ordered their naked mugs (real chicken breast cup into cubes). We were in the nosebleeds- the theater is super old so during segregation it was the “black section” and the seats are TINY dingy and HOT! But I fit!!!!!! I’m attaching a picture of me in my SIZE LARGE dress that I wore (not XXL like 2 months ago!!!)

0B73116F-131F-4A04-A710-FB328D8ABB3F.thumb.jpeg.be8270561855085b57cec84ac046bf05.jpeg
F30594C7-6042-4B15-83D5-465FA986F638.thumb.jpeg.eb81dd150edde8821154fe9f93acba33.jpeg

Looking fierce girl!

On 02/23/2020 at 08:50, TattooedSeaStar said:

0B73116F-131F-4A04-A710-FB328D8ABB3F.jpeg

F30594C7-6042-4B15-83D5-465FA986F638.jpeg

Omg beautiful!!! Awesome! Love it!

On 02/23/2020 at 09:00, BadWolfGirl said:

Also I gained a pound overnight lol wtf.

This may be tmi lol but when I find the scale has not dropped (and I’m not in a stall) I find I need to have a BM. Sometimes I’m constipated. So have to take things to help. Then I rewrite and I’m like aww there it is lol the correct number

5 minutes ago, sarahSingh91 said:

This may be tmi lol but when I find the scale has not dropped (and I’m not in a stall) I find I need to have a BM. Sometimes I’m constipated. So have to take things to help. Then I rewrite and I’m like aww there it is lol the correct number

I am doing Benefiber and also taking stool softener daily. I am pretty regular with that, but still can not go for a couple of days. If you can't talk about it here, where can you.

On 02/23/2020 at 10:56, Uomograsso said:

I am doing Benefiber and also taking stool softener daily. I am pretty regular with that, but still can not go for a couple of days. If you can't talk about it here, where can you.

Right lol yea I haven’t been taking my stool softener regularly. I should I need to start. Lol today I took some cause I noticed I didn’t go for a couple days.