Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

On 02/26/2020 at 09:33, BadWolfGirl said:

Tomorrow will be one month (4 weeks and 3 days) and the scale finally hit 20 lbs lost.

Of course I didn't get enough fluids yesterday and woke up with no energy and a bad headache. So today I'm back to just liquids until dinner so I can focus on rehydration.

I've been going to the gym consistently and I have a new foster dog who needs consistent walks So I think with all the extra activity I was not hydrating properly. It's just so hard when you're trying to manage eating and drinking and can't do both at once . So today I'm just going to focus on one thing.

And for you're viewing pleasure, here's a picture of my deaf foster dog Bluebelle. She's the sweetest! 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200222194730363_COVER.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

How adorable. I have two dogs. They are amazing we have had then both since they where 8weeks. The fawn his name is piglet he is a 1 yr and 4 months. And the blue is lulu he is 7yrs old.

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

image0.0.jpg

Hi All,
Had my surgery Jan 16th, had problems signing in to be a part of this group...finally able to get in to comment. I've been following along since beginning of Jan....so much good info from you guys!!! It's helped me alot!!! I'm down 22 pounds as of this am. Was 23 lbs, but gained a pound this past week?? My visit with Dr. last week went real well. He's pretty much cleared me to eat anything now, stating everyone is different and your stomach will tell you if you shouldn't eat it. Wants me to weigh in once a week instead of everyday. I asked about calorie intake, he's more concerned about protien instead. I've been having a very hard time getting protien in. Cannot drink shakes, tried all of them. Thought I'd do good on Clear Protien water....nope too sweet and I gag when I drink it. Finally found Fairlife Core & Core Elite (from reading comments on here). Also gag now with water!! Never had a problem with Water before 3 weeks ago...now it's a struggle. Ice chips work instead. This past week I tried tuna fish!! It goes down easy and high in protien....I find I'm craving salt! I started eating Saltines, letting them "melt" in my mouth. Thinking I maybe eating too many since I have a weight gain this week.(?) I have 2-3 at a time....about 3 times a day. My average calorie intake is 520 or less. Staying within macros guidelines. So I'm a bit upset about the weight gain, since calorie intake is so little. I walk a mile and a half everyday. Ride bike for a mile and do some strengthening excercises for upper body 3 x's a week. I thought I'd be down a pound[emoji53]. Had the 3 week stall, got through that. Thanks to all of you talking me through it![emoji4] I have found I really need to push my plate away, taking the one more bite throws me over into "stuffed", therefore getting that pain where esophagus meets stomach. And boy-oh-boy it hurts!! I'm finally getting a handle on how much my new belly can hold.
Thank you all for the good advice you've posted. We are in this together, and you do get me through stuff!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi All,
Had my surgery Jan 16th, had problems signing in to be a part of this group...finally able to get in to comment. I've been following along since beginning of Jan....so much good info from you guys!!! It's helped me alot!!! I'm down 22 pounds as of this am. Was 23 lbs, but gained a pound this past week?? My visit with Dr. last week went real well. He's pretty much cleared me to eat anything now, stating everyone is different and your stomach will tell you if you shouldn't eat it. Wants me to weigh in once a week instead of everyday. I asked about calorie intake, he's more concerned about protien instead. I've been having a very hard time getting protien in. Cannot drink shakes, tried all of them. Thought I'd do good on Clear Protien water....nope too sweet and I gag when I drink it. Finally found Fairlife Core & Core Elite (from reading comments on here). Also gag now with water!! Never had a problem with Water before 3 weeks ago...now it's a struggle. Ice chips work instead. This past week I tried tuna fish!! It goes down easy and high in protien....I find I'm craving salt! I started eating Saltines, letting them "melt" in my mouth. Thinking I maybe eating too many since I have a weight gain this week.(?) I have 2-3 at a time....about 3 times a day. My average calorie intake is 520 or less. Staying within macros guidelines. So I'm a bit upset about the weight gain, since calorie intake is so little. I walk a mile and a half everyday. Ride bike for a mile and do some strengthening excercises for upper body 3 x's a week. I thought I'd be down a pound[emoji53]. Had the 3 week stall, got through that. Thanks to all of you talking me through it![emoji4] I have found I really need to push my plate away, taking the one more bite throws me over into "stuffed", therefore getting that pain where esophagus meets stomach. And boy-oh-boy it hurts!! I'm finally getting a handle on how much my new belly can hold.
Thank you all for the good advice you've posted. We are in this together, and you do get me through stuff!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome! I had surgery 1/27 and had the same stall. And the same one pound gain! It will go away, I promise! Pick one day a week and weigh in instead of daily for sure! It's nothing you're doing wrong. It's your body adjusting! One pound is a good poop! Lol

As far as Protein, I have the worst time with Protein Drinks as well so have taken to putting GENEPRO in a morning green smoothie. Have you tried those? Or Genepro? It's flavorless and 30g of protein for 56 Cal scoop. I also put it in my oatmeal! I definitely eat most of my protein. My meals are pretty similar there days: meat and cheese, refried Beans and cheese, chicken thighs, lots of seafood

6 hours ago, BadWolfGirl said:

My husband is the cutest. He bought a full turkey breast from costco for the kids for school this week (we have a deli slicer) and he made little chunks and made me these little snack packs with cheddar, portioned-out to 3 ounces.IMG_20200227_074823.jpg

That's hilarious, I use those same exact meal prep trays and today had a sliced up turkey sausage link and cheddar cheese cubes as my snack as well lol.

On 2/26/2020 at 11:33 AM, BadWolfGirl said:

Tomorrow will be one month (4 weeks and 3 days) and the scale finally hit 20 lbs lost.

Of course I didn't get enough fluids yesterday and woke up with no energy and a bad headache. So today I'm back to just liquids until dinner so I can focus on rehydration.

I've been going to the gym consistently and I have a new foster dog who needs consistent walks So I think with all the extra activity I was not hydrating properly. It's just so hard when you're trying to manage eating and drinking and can't do both at once . So today I'm just going to focus on one thing.

And for you're viewing pleasure, here's a picture of my deaf foster dog Bluebelle. She's the sweetest! 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200222194730363_COVER.jpg

What a sweet puppy!!

Happy Surgerversary to my 1/27 peeps. We made it one month! Woot! Here is my progress- 20# since surgery and 44.2 overall! I’m tickled pink!

39CCF02A-2249-4BC4-9C5D-43590AD76C54.jpeg

18 minutes ago, TattooedSeaStar said:

Happy Surgerversary to my 1/27 peeps. We made it one month! Woot! Here is my progress- 20# since surgery and 44.2 overall! I’m tickled pink!

39CCF02A-2249-4BC4-9C5D-43590AD76C54.jpeg

Looking good girlie! I can really see the difference. Your face looks much thinner and also your mid-section. The same shirt, same pose, same hair-do, leaves no doubt that you are much smaller!

10 hours ago, BadWolfGirl said:

My husband is the cutest. He bought a full turkey breast from costco for the kids for school this week (we have a deli slicer) and he made little chunks and made me these little snack packs with cheddar, portioned-out to 3 ounces.

Your hubby is a sweetheart! How thoughtful.

9 minutes ago, rene50 said:

Looking good girlie! I can really see the difference. Your face looks much thinner and also your mid-section. The same shirt, same pose, same hair-do, leaves no doubt that you are much smaller!

I knew it was the same shirt but didn’t think about it the rest- that’s just how I was taught to pose for photos! Ha!! And the hair- thrown back in a ponytail after a LONG day!

I knew it was the same shirt but didn’t think about it the rest- that’s just how I was taught to pose for photos! Ha!! And the hair- thrown back in a ponytail after a LONG day!
Look great!

@rene50 @Uomograsso congrats on graduating to solids officially! Those meals look so good! I'm seeing my surgeon next Saturday, as I'm hoping he'll clear me as well since I'm leave that same day for a week in Florida with my family. Would love to eat a little like a normal person.

Good luck with everything moving forward! I'd love to hear about the new foods you try and how they go

How many oz is every eating at one time? I can barely get in 1.5oz? salad I can get in about 2? But feel too full after the salad starts to break down?
Breakfast pic! Squash, onion, bell pepper egg white and sprinkle of cheese
And of course the dogs that would rather eat this 1.5 than me. Lol
Also I am only eating 3 meals a day? No Snacks and no Protein Drink or added calories from fluids only Water with a slice of lemon. Hot lemon water in the morning.
Update on state?
Surgery date 1/14/20
Starting weight 289
BMI 43
Current weight 248
Chiapas weight 150
Height 5’8”

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

How many oz is every eating at one time? I can barely get in 1.5oz? salad I can get in about 2? But feel too full after the salad starts to break down?
Also I am only eating 3 meals a day? No Snacks and no Protein drink or added calories from fluids only Water with a slice of lemon. Hot lemon Water in the morning.
Update on state?
Surgery date 1/14/20
Starting weight 289
BMI 43
Current weight 248
Chiapas weight 150
Height 5’8”

image-0.00095367431640625.thumb.jpg.4747ef7472ac53b538dc2df977dfdd3e.jpg

They're so cute!

I can eat about 3 ounces at a time without issue. I feel very little restriction at all. And it's only after I've eaten, if I've done so too fast, that I'll feel really bad for a little while. I eat about 4-5 times a day (not always three ounces, often just a cheese stick or cashews as a snack) but small meals through the day . It's the only way I can get in Protein because I hate the damn drinks lol

1 hour ago, sarahSingh91 said:

Also I am only eating 3 meals a day? No Snacks and no Protein drink or added calories from fluids only Water with a slice of lemon. Hot lemon Water in the morning.
Update on state?
Surgery date 1/14/20
Starting weight 289
BMI 43
Current weight 248
Chiapas weight 150
Height 5’8”

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Look at those sweet little faces, and those eyes, the one on the left has the poor pitiful look perfected!

I can eat almost 4 ounces, no problem, and that is the max amount I'm supposed to eat. I wish I felt restriction at 2 or 3 ounces, but I don't. I'm going to work on stopping at 3 ounces and waiting. The last few days I've eaten almost 600 calories.