Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

I am 7 weeks out today and wondering where others are trying to keep their calories. I still hover around 700-800 abs today I’m closer to 1000.

I am 7 weeks out today and wondering where others are trying to keep their calories. I still hover around 700-800 abs today I’m closer to 1000.
I'm five weeks and I get only around 300-500 on most days. I get more if I do small meals throughout the day and dense caloric food like nuts etc. I'm trying but some food doesn't work lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Man this stall is for real. I was cruising weeks 1-5 but in weeks 6 and 7 I've only lost a total of 1.8 lbs. Hopefully it'll pick up soon.

Man this stall is for real. I was cruising weeks 1-5 but in weeks 6 and 7 I've only lost a total of 1.8 lbs. Hopefully it'll pick up soon.

I'm only five weeks out so not looking forward to that! I hit a stall in week three and found that when I "shocked" my body, it started to move. For me, it was weight training at the gym. Have you gone back to that yet? Or more calories.?

On 03/02/2020 at 16:57, Mitsu531 said:

I have been having a bit of a difficult time the past 2 days. I'm hungry, but sick of everything I'm eating! I love tuna fish, but have a hard time eating it now, eggs I just cannot eat anymore, refried beans....ugh! Did try an avacado with lemon juice and a little feta cheese yesterday....that was ok. Just seeing if anyone else is having issues....and any suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes I also went through that stage. Idk what eating plan ur currently in or on lol but I looked up Bariatric meals in line. My favorite one during soft food or even purée was the shellys ricotta bake!!! It is so delicious!! I freeze little portions and take them with me for lunches. But there are tons of ideas! I also did like zucchini boats. Stuffed eggplant. Stuffed mushrooms. Turkey bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts. Grilled or baked asparagus. Salads. Cucumber Tomato and avocado salsa. Chickpea salad. There are tons of options.

On 03/02/2020 at 19:03, BadWolfGirl said:

I'm five weeks and I get only around 300-500 on most days. I get more if I do small meals throughout the day and dense caloric food like nuts etc. I'm trying but some food doesn't work lol

I also only eat very low calories around 300-500. 500 being a day I ate dense foods. And I will feel uncomfortable I track my moods and feelings also on my food app to track patterns.
But I am going ultra low calories. Since I am not limiting any carbs fat etc. even though my stomach does not accept carbs at all. I throw it up immediately uncontrollably including fruit etc. Yea.... fun stuff.

I also only eat very low calories around 300-500. 500 being a day I ate dense foods. And I will feel uncomfortable I track my moods and feelings also on my food app to track patterns.
But I am going ultra low calories. Since I am not limiting any carbs fat etc. even though my stomach does not accept carbs at all. I throw it up immediately uncontrollably including fruit etc. Yea.... fun stuff.
Yeah I am not limiting any carbs or sugars but I do not tolerate carbs at all either except vegetables

13 hours ago, ltalbert3 said:

I'm not really concerned about calories right now. I'm probably getting around 500 a day on average. I'm more concerned about Protein intake. Weight loss is going to happen, I'm just concerned about making sure my muscle mass doesn't deteriorate too much, so getting my 60-80 grams of protein a day is my biggest concern. I'm also still doing a shake every day cause otherwise I can't get it all in.

34 minutes ago, BadWolfGirl said:

I'm only five weeks out so not looking forward to that! I hit a stall in week three and found that when I "shocked" my body, it started to move. For me, it was weight training at the gym. Have you gone back to that yet? Or more calories.?

I'm at ~700 calories already which is where my Dr wants me to be. Yes he cleared me to go back to lifting so I'm very excited to get back in the gym on Thursday! I've just been walking a few miles a day so I'm ready to lift. Hopefully that'll help kick it into gear.

14 hours ago, Mitsu531 said:

I have been having a bit of a difficult time the past 2 days. I'm hungry, but sick of everything I'm eating! I love tuna fish, but have a hard time eating it now, eggs I just cannot eat anymore, refried beans....ugh! Did try an avacado with lemon juice and a little feta cheese yesterday....that was ok. Just seeing if anyone else is having issues....and any suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have also become intolerant to some foods. I used to love tuna and now it just turns me off. There are several things I can't stomach anymore, including my chewable Multivitamins and Calcium supplements. They make me nauseous now so I have to find something else. Fortunately I can still handle eggs and some other things I like.

I have also become intolerant to some foods. I used to love tuna and now it just turns me off. There are several things I can't stomach anymore, including my chewable Multivitamins and Calcium supplements. They make me nauseous now so I have to find something else. Fortunately I can still handle eggs and some other things I like.

Omg the giant horse pills of my Calcium supplements are killing me. I keep gagging. Pre surgery I could take a whole handful of pills in one swig. Now I have to break my pills up to even get them down

Had the same issue!! The scale finally started moving again a few days ago though, so hang in there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, BadWolfGirl said:

Omg the giant horse pills of my Calcium supplements are killing me. I keep gagging. Pre surgery I could take a whole handful of pills in one swig. Now I have to break my pills up to even get them down

Same here!

43 minutes ago, breavsg said:

Had the same issue!! The scale finally started moving again a few days ago though, so hang in there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

Good to hear!

Anyone else suffering from really low energy and lack of concentration? 7 weeks out

Anyone else suffering from really low energy and lack of concentration? 7 weeks out
I'm not personally but know many people do. Have you had your labs checked since surgery to make sure your B12 and other levels are good ? I know this can contribute?

Have you gone back to the gym? What are you doing for exercise?

3 hours ago, ltalbert3 said:

I have low energy... but that's because I have a permanent back injury that has been acting up since I went back to work two weeks ago and the Valium I take for it contributes to low energy lol. Personally, it sounds like your Vitamin levels may be off. I have low potassium and I've been working on getting that back up, but I, honestly just think the low potassium is because it runs in my family and not through any fault of my own. Both my mom and grandma have been hospitalized for their low potassium before and neither of them had bariatric surgery. So for me it's a genetic thing that I just have to work on. Luckily the levels are just slightly low so the doctor isn't too worried about it. I suggest you call your doctor up and discuss how your feeling and see if they can order you lab tests to see what's going on so you know what you'll need to help you feel better.