Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

Boneless skinless chicken thighs are my go to! That and fish lol they say great with me. chicken breast sits a little rough. Idk why
Omg same. I can eat chicken thighs and seafood just fine. I had chicken breast and almost died. Haha

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Boneless skinless chicken thighs are my go to! That and fish lol they say great with me. Chicken breast sits a little rough. Idk why
Same! Was not a huge fish fan pre op but I'm craving the stuff now, which is ok since it sits so well thankfully

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, sarahSingh91 said:

Boneless skinless chicken thighs are my go to! That and fish lol they say great with me. chicken breast sits a little rough. Idk why

My doctor said dry meats can be really hard after surgery so generally with poultry, thighs go much better than breasts

So it was my turn to make dinner for my family, so I made these salsa verde corn tortillas with home made corn tortillas and salsa verde. My family loved them, and I scooped the chicken out of mine and ate it with the salsa and cheese. I also made cilantro lime rice, corn salsa, and "easy tortilla chips", but didn't indulge inn any of that. Trying new foods is so much fun now!

20200308_191004.jpg

My doctor said dry meats can be really hard after surgery so generally with poultry, thighs go much better than breasts
I'm agreeing with your Dr. for sure. Was craving hamburger, decided to make meatloaf as it's really soft. Had 2 small bites, chewed it really well. Didn't agree with me. Same for chicken Breast, didn't sit well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

So it was my turn to make dinner for my family, so I made these salsa verde corn tortillas with home made corn tortillas and salsa verde. My family loved them, and I scooped the chicken out of mine and ate it with the salsa and cheese. I also made cilantro lime rice, corn salsa, and "easy tortilla chips", but didn't indulge inn any of that. Trying new foods is so much fun now!
20200308_191004.thumb.jpg.99038f66c7a0755a817ffcc46df26b41.jpg
Omg yum

1 hour ago, Mitsu531 said:

I'm agreeing with your Dr. for sure. Was craving hamburger, decided to make meatloaf as it's really soft. Had 2 small bites, chewed it really well. Didn't agree with me. Same for chicken Breast, didn't sit well.

I have same issue with "dry" meats. I need sauce orchestra liquids to help. I did OK with 93% lean hamburger, cheeseburger actually, but used A1 steak sauce. chicken breast is also bothering me unless it is with something liquidy. Had some chicken breast tenders with a little fajita seasoning and was very uncomfortable with that.

I used to be a huge steak and lobster girl. And now I can not stomach the smell of beef. Any kind of beef. I can’t do it. Idk why. Pork is ok chicken is ok. But mainly we eat veggies and fish and seafood

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

2 hours ago, breavsg said:

Same! Was not a huge fish fan pre op but I'm craving the stuff now, which is ok since it sits so well thankfully

I was not a huge fish fan pre op and I'm still not, every once in a while, but not often. I am also eating boneless skinless chicken thighs, but haven't tried chicken breasts yet. All kinds of Beans cooked in the crockpot have also been a staple. I tried some beef brisket, and it seemed okay, but it was pretty juicy. I plan to try hamburger next week.

Stall is officially smashed! Lost 6.4lbs this week.

14 hours ago, SINISTER said:

Stall is officially smashed! Lost 6.4lbs this week.

That's awesome, congrats!

On 3/8/2020 at 10:37 PM, rene50 said:

I was not a huge fish fan pre op and I'm still not, every once in a while, but not often. I am also eating boneless skinless chicken thighs, but haven't tried chicken breasts yet. All kinds of Beans cooked in the crockpot have also been a staple. I tried some beef brisket, and it seemed okay, but it was pretty juicy. I plan to try hamburger next week.

My family is doing burgers and hotdogs on the grill today so I'll also going to be trying it. Mustard has been my go to "liquid" on dryer stuff. It's made a huge difference for me, so we'll see how it goes today.

On 3/7/2020 at 9:26 AM, Mitsu531 said:

Yes! Getting in 60 of Protien is a big issue for me. I still have not made it. I average between 35-45 of Protein a day. Doc says get the Protein in, I'll have more energy and concentration. I'm 7 weeks too.

Get some unflavored Protein Powder and mix a half or whole scoop in with your meals. Works well in soft foods like refried Beans, oatmeal, eggs, Soup, etc. This can add 15 g to 30 g for that meal. Tip on adding it is for liquids mix it with room temperature Water first then add it to hot liquids. For soft foods, add it after you have heated food. If you add it straight to hot liquids it will clump. Same thing if you add it to soft foods prior to heating the food up.

How is everyone??? Tomorrow makes 9 weeks since surgery (crazy it's gone so fast) for me, and overall I'm feeling fantastic. My bones ache less, I can chase my toddler farther and faster, and I just feel better in my body again! Clothes are getting loose but I'm waiting to make any big purchases until the ones I have look like crap lol.. anyhow, I'm female, 5'6", started pre op diet at 260, surgery weight was 249, and I've made it down to 210 as of yesterday. Can't wait for more of this progress!! Hope everyone is doing well, can't wait to see the new us in a couple more months.

How is everyone??? Tomorrow makes 9 weeks since surgery (crazy it's gone so fast) for me, and overall I'm feeling fantastic. My bones ache less, I can chase my toddler farther and faster, and I just feel better in my body again! Clothes are getting loose but I'm waiting to make any big purchases until the ones I have look like crap lol.. anyhow, I'm female, 5'6", started pre op diet at 260, surgery weight was 249, and I've made it down to 210 as of yesterday. Can't wait for more of this progress!! Hope everyone is doing well, can't wait to see the new us in a couple more months.

I feel pretty great too! Energy is great. My surgery was 1/27 so I'm six weeks out. I definitely still have a hard time eating slow and definitely can't handle any breads or things. A 39 year habit of scarfing meala down is hard to break haha. And I fricken hate cold food.< br>
Surgery weight was 246. Today I was 221 so 25 lbs down. I don't seem to be losing as fast as everyone else on her but I am weight training and do eat natural carbs and sugar. I'm okay with a slower loss because I feel the way I eat will be sustainable and healthy long term.

Congrats on your success!