Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I'm tired of the stay-at-home order too. Fortunately I have a job that will let me work from home temporarily (my wife works from home a lot of the time anyways so really no change for her). It's definitely challenging. I thought I'd like it more lol. Being cooped up isn't fun. We still get out and walk and do things outside as much as we can. It really sucks that they closed the gyms down right when I was getting back into working out. I'm still losing though so that's the good thing. It's amazing how the surgery reset my hunger trigger. I'd be eating like crazy before if I was at home this much but now I don't even really think about it. I practically have to force myself to eat so I can get my Protein in.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is everyone doing? Post some outfit of the day photos?

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Duke483 said:

Had my sleeve on 20 Jan. Time to update.

Doing very well. No issues to speak of.

Down fifty pounds including pre-op.

Pants from 48 to 38, shirts from XXXL to L.

I can now pick up things off the floor.

Very happy.

I love the addition of the non scale victories! You just look like a whole new person, congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, SINISTER said:

I'm tired of the stay-at-home order too. Fortunately I have a job that will let me work from home temporarily (my wife works from home a lot of the time anyways so really no change for her). It's definitely challenging. I thought I'd like it more lol. Being cooped up isn't fun. We still get out and walk and do things outside as much as we can. It really sucks that they closed the gyms down right when I was getting back into working out. I'm still losing though so that's the good thing. It's amazing how the surgery reset my hunger trigger. I'd be eating like crazy before if I was at home this much but now I don't even really think about it. I practically have to force myself to eat so I can get my Protein in.

I hope everyone is doing well!

I know! It's so hard sometime to eat to get the Protein in, and if I mess up and eat something I shouldn't, my body gives me a very unpleasant reminder. I have been enjoying the time to make some really good protein though, yesterday I show cooked some ribs and they were delicious and super high in protein. I'm glad you guys are doing ok!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, sarahSingh91 said:

How is everyone doing? Post some outfit of the day photos?

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

You are way more put together than I am!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PostVSGandKeto said:

I love the addition of the non scale victories! You just look like a whole new person, congrats!

People are noticing the smaller me.

I also have a problem. Every 2 or 3 weeks I have to buy new clothes. I've started in increments. For example, my last order for pants was for two pair of size 38s and two pairs of 36s. I only buy two at at time because no more than 3 weeks later, they go to good will. I probably have another week in the 38's and then I'll start wearing the 36s. I'll order two pair of 34s and two pairs of 32s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Duke483 said:

People are noticing the smaller me.

I also have a problem. Every 2 or 3 weeks I have to buy new clothes. I've started in increments. For example, my last order for pants was for two pair of size 38s and two pairs of 36s. I only buy two at at time because no more than 3 weeks later, they go to good will. I probably have another week in the 38's and then I'll start wearing the 36s. I'll order two pair of 34s and two pairs of 32s.

That's so nice! I figure the isolation will give me a chance to lose a lot of weight and then surprise everyone when we finally get released.

That's a great idea with the clothing though, it must be so cool to see it coming off so quickly. I've lost a lot of weight thus far, but aside from some shirts fitting more loosely I'm still wearing the same clothes, ah well, I'll get there:) good luck with the continued loss!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, PostVSGandKeto said:

That's so nice! I figure the isolation will give me a chance to lose a lot of weight and then surprise everyone when we finally get released.

That's a great idea with the clothing though, it must be so cool to see it coming off so quickly. I've lost a lot of weight thus far, but aside from some shirts fitting more loosely I'm still wearing the same clothes, ah well, I'll get there:) good luck with the continued loss!

I actually gained about nine pounds from the surgery. Must have been the IVs. I had lost all that in the first three days after the surgery. I know I was up going to the bathroom about every hour the night of my surgery.

But, that's not unusual for me. I also gained nine pounds from my shoulder surgery. They must really pump the IV to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, South Jersey Tomato said:

I had a GS on January 14th

Oh nice, welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomato ">
On 04/08/2020 at 20:54, South Jersey Tomato said:

I had a GS on January 14th

I also had GS on Jan 14!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone hit a three month stall I have been stalled for a week 😝 I know it will pass but the head games mess with me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sarahSingh91 said:

Has anyone hit a three month stall I have been stalled for a week 😝 I know it will pass but the head games mess with me

Yep. This last week as a matter of fact... and I'm not even at a full three months yet 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, sarahSingh91 said:

Has anyone hit a three month stall I have been stalled for a week 😝 I know it will pass but the head games mess with me

I thought I had cause in one week I only lost .4 lbs, but the next week I lost 4 pounds. Not looking forward to it! Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My stall broke and I lost 5lbs over night yayyy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×