Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

Is the virus hitting anyone’s states hard? Colorado is getting slammed. Because we are a very outdoors recreational state many people who love to travel. Travel here. Lol
Here in Florida colleges have closed, cruise ships limiting passengers on board, the Princess line isn't sailing at all till May. All sorts of big events have been cancelled. I have numerous family members who are teachers all over state, who've stated they are preparing to teach online to kids. It's a stressful time right now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 03/12/2020 at 18:05, NovaLuna said:

I'm in California and you hear about new cases confirmed all the time... there was just two cases confirmed a few days ago in a nearby town and everyone in that town comes HERE to shop even though they're in two separate counties, but since I live in the foothills there isn't many places to shop so the biggest town in our county ends up as the shopping hub for several nearby towns outside our own county. I've taken the last week off of work due to back issues and I have to go back on Sunday, so I'm hoping I don't catch it since I work with the public!

Yes California is all over the news lol our first Colorado case. Was a man from California. Traveled to Italy then home to Cali. Then to Colorado for mountain adventures. Infected 12 people (hand to face)

13 hours ago, sarahSingh91 said:

Yes California is all over the news lol our first Colorado case. Was a man from California. Traveled to Italy then home to Cali. Then to Colorado for mountain adventures. Infected 12 people (hand to face)

I'm in the DC area, so we have had a ton of confirmed cases this far. Always annoying being in the middle of a local state government/federal government fight, but hopefully feds will get on board soon and actually do something to help. Schools here are closed for the time being, the DC mayor has declared a state of emergency, and courts are starting to close. Plus, no sports to watch!

Hi everyone! I'm doing okay, but I stalled for several days, then finally lost 1 pound this week. I can tolerate all foods now, even steak and salads, no problem. I'm feeling good. T-Bone (our dog) and I went on a 5 mile bike ride today and I have so much more energy than I did even a week ago.

My husband has asthma and is 67 years old, so we are staying close to home. I still work, so my biggest fear is I will contract the virus and bring it home. We live in rural Arkansas, but even our church cancelled services for tomorrow. I admit, I'm scared because of hubby's health.

Edited by rene50
typo

Hi everyone! I'm doing okay, but I stalled for several days, then finally lost 1 pound this week. I can tolerate all foods now, even steak and salads, no problem. I'm feeling good. T-Bone (our dog) and I went on a 5 mile bike ride today and I have so much more energy than I did even a week ago.
My husband has asthma and is 67 years old, so we are staying close to home. I still work, so my biggest fear is I will contract the virus and bring it home. We live in rural Arkansas, but even our church cancelled services for tomorrow. I admit, I'm scared because of hubby's health.

Same. I'm 39 and husband is 43 but he has had lung issues for the last three months so we're laying low too. Not worried about me or the kids so much as bringing it to him.

Glad you're feeling so Great! I'll be 7 weeks Monday and had my first salad today and it went okay. Still have issues with chicken breast and haven't tried steak. I feel awesome tho overall as long as I don't eat too fast which I screw up a lot lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On 03/14/2020 at 20:19, BadWolfGirl said:

Same. I'm 39 and husband is 43 but he has had lung issues for the last three months so we're laying low too. Not worried about me or the kids so much as bringing it to him.

Glad you're feeling so Great! I'll be 7 weeks Monday and had my first salad today and it went okay. Still have issues with chicken breast and haven't tried steak. I feel awesome tho overall as long as I don't eat too fast which I screw up a lot lol

I am still feeling a lot a lot of restriction. I can eat about 2oz. I have lost track of my weeks out lol 😆 I think 9? Idk lol I’m 29 and hubby is 33 but he does have Hugh blood pressure which I heard also is increased chances for virus issues. So we are just trying to keep hands washed when out. We have drive up testing for the virus in Colorado. So our government is doing good.

I have lost 50lbs. So far. Feeling great. My energy is dragging still. Like blah while I work and working out is a struggle. Which I’m pretty sad about

18 hours ago, sarahSingh91 said:

I have lost 50lbs. So far. Feeling great. My energy is dragging still. Like blah while I work and working out is a struggle. Which I’m pretty sad about

That's awesome! I just hit the 30lb mark since surgery, but 50 if you count the preop period. I finally got back to work walking dogs though so I'm hoping the extra exercise will help speed things along and get my muscles building again. I hope everyone is doing well!

That's awesome! I just hit the 30lb mark since surgery, but 50 if you count the preop period. I finally got back to work walking dogs though so I'm hoping the extra exercise will help speed things along and get my muscles building again. I hope everyone is doing well!
I'm still only at 26 lbs but not mad at it. Slow and steady wins the race! (SW: 246, CW: 220). Some days I can eat normal, some days nothing sits right.

I did cancel my 2 month PO appt this week and rescheduled for mid May. My husband has bad lungs so we're really trying here. I am doing really well, missing the gym, so she agreed I didn't need to come in .

Can I just say I'm so thankful that cheese has so much Protein in it, or I might never hit my goals

Just checking in with everyone. Hoping your all doing well and staying healthy. I'm 9 weeks since surgery. Averaging a pound a week loss since allowed to eat anything. Something I found this week is I love bread, Danish and Cookies. Never realized it before, but this past week I have eaten quite a bit. Therefore I gained a pound....[emoji26]. With sitting around house, not doing much....this is not good! Sooooo.....starting fresh today, making sure I eat Protein first, fill up on that. Getting my fat butt up and going for a walk outside!! And keeping busy so I don't snack! This shut down is going to play with our heads....making us want to snack cause we are bored or feel we need to eat. I'm pulling out my crafts to keep me busy and not eat!! Good luck to everyone. Stay healthy, keep social distancing....we will get through this together....

Just checking in with everyone. Hoping your all doing well and staying healthy. I'm 9 weeks since surgery. Averaging a pound a week loss since allowed to eat anything. Something I found this week is I love bread, Danish and Cookies. Never realized it before, but this past week I have eaten quite a bit. Therefore I gained a pound....[emoji26]. With sitting around house, not doing much....this is not good! Sooooo.....starting fresh today, making sure I eat Protein first, fill up on that. Getting my fat butt up and going for a walk outside!! And keeping busy so I don't snack! This shut down is going to play with our heads....making us want to snack cause we are bored or feel we need to eat. I'm pulling out my crafts to keep me busy and not eat!! Good luck to everyone. Stay healthy, keep social distancing....we will get through this together....

Yeah it's definitely a difficult time. I'm 8 weeks out this coming Monday and averaging 2 pounds a week right now. Surgery weight on 1/27 was 246. I was 218 this morning. I'm definitely snacking a little more here and there but trying to drink more fluids and still get out and walk.

Hang in there.

9 hours ago, Mitsu531 said:

Just checking in with everyone. Hoping your all doing well and staying healthy. I'm 9 weeks since surgery. Averaging a pound a week loss since allowed to eat anything. Something I found this week is I love bread, Danish and Cookies. Never realized it before, but this past week I have eaten quite a bit. Therefore I gained a pound..... With sitting around house, not doing much....this is not good! Sooooo.....starting fresh today, making sure I eat Protein first, fill up on that. Getting my fat butt up and going for a walk outside!! And keeping busy so I don't snack! This shut down is going to play with our heads....making us want to snack cause we are bored or feel we need to eat. I'm pulling out my crafts to keep me busy and not eat!! Good luck to everyone. Stay healthy, keep social distancing....we will get through this together....

Definitely have to be careful with idle hands! I'm working from home the next few weeks but fortunately I've been able to relearn my eating habits, so far so good.

On 3/19/2020 at 10:19 AM, Mitsu531 said:

Just checking in with everyone. Hoping your all doing well and staying healthy. I'm 9 weeks since surgery. Averaging a pound a week loss since allowed to eat anything. Something I found this week is I love bread, Danish and Cookies. Never realized it before, but this past week I have eaten quite a bit. Therefore I gained a pound..... With sitting around house, not doing much....this is not good! Sooooo.....starting fresh today, making sure I eat Protein first, fill up on that. Getting my fat butt up and going for a walk outside!! And keeping busy so I don't snack! This shut down is going to play with our heads....making us want to snack cause we are bored or feel we need to eat. I'm pulling out my crafts to keep me busy and not eat!! Good luck to everyone. Stay healthy, keep social distancing....we will get through this together....

I was away with my family two weeks ago and spent hours everyday in the pool, it was amazing! And in the two weeks, I lost 10 pounds so I was excited about that. I am finally back to work also which as a dog Walker keeps me active everyday.

I'm having difficulty getting in even 2 meals and my Protein Shake, so hearing you're eating stuff other than meat gives me hope! Thanks so much for sharing, I was seriously concerned I would never eat bread again.

My plan is to eat very very free carbs until 6 months, then I'll start adding in veggies, and low carb tortillas. Though I have been indulging in a small spoon of Peanut Butter every night (extra Protein right;))

I'm glad everyone is weathering the storm ok, stay strong!

dinner tonight, 1.5 ounces of pan seared tuna, and 1.5 ounces of the pulled pork shoulder I made in the slow cooker yesterday. This will take me a while to finish, but I'll get there:)

20200320_175847.jpg