Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

Sleeved 1/28. And I still get very sharp pains that come and go (with movement) near the big dented incision. Anyone else experience this too??
Ugh sorry you're still having pain. I had RNY and felt no pain after a few days. But I did hear someone who was sleeved say that one incision was harder and longer to heal because that's the one they pulled the excess stomach through.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

So, this is going to sound crazy, but I'm not so sure I'm looking forward to moving on to pureed foods on Thursday (day 17). I seem to finally be in my groove now with the liquids! Ha! I'm quite satisfied to drink a cup of Soup or broth with Protein Powder, or drink some greek yogurt thinned with Fairlife milk. Will moving to pureed, then soft foods, then regular, reactivate my former appetite? I know, I know, I told you it was crazy. I'm just worried. I've only felt hungry once, and today, I had to make myself drink some soup. I'm reaching my Protein and Water goals. I read about all of you eating these itsy bitsy meals and I wonder how in the heck I'll get a minimum of 60g of protein and if I will feel satisfied as I do now. AND I've lost 14 pounds, so I'm a happy girl!

So, this is going to sound crazy, but I'm not so sure I'm looking forward to moving on to pureed foods on Thursday (day 17). I seem to finally be in my groove now with the liquids! Ha! I'm quite satisfied to drink a cup of Soup or broth with Protein Powder, or drink some greek yogurt thinned with Fairlife milk. Will moving to pureed, then soft foods, then regular, reactivate my former appetite? I know, I know, I told you it was crazy. I'm just worried. I've only felt hungry once, and today, I had to make myself drink some Soup. I'm reaching my Protein and Water goals. I read about all of you eating these itsy bitsy meals and I wonder how in the heck I'll get a minimum of 60g of Protein and if I will feel satisfied as I do now. AND I've lost 14 pounds, so I'm a happy girl!

I dont think there's much harm in extending your liquid diet if your happy and healing well! But I will say this, eating purees and such has helped me feel more more energetic and human. The extra calories are helpful. Also, I only get about 30 g of protein from food which based on a 400 calorie diet is about right. It will go up as I can eat more at one sitting etc. I can't stomach most Protein Shakes and avoid them like the plague but I do have them if needed.

This guy breaks protein down quite well.

On 02/09/2020 at 17:11, rene50 said:

So, this is going to sound crazy, but I'm not so sure I'm looking forward to moving on to pureed foods on Thursday (day 17). I seem to finally be in my groove now with the liquids! Ha! I'm quite satisfied to drink a cup of Soup or broth with Protein Powder, or drink some greek yogurt thinned with Fairlife milk. Will moving to pureed, then soft foods, then regular, reactivate my former appetite? I know, I know, I told you it was crazy. I'm just worried. I've only felt hungry once, and today, I had to make myself drink some Soup. I'm reaching my Protein and Water goals. I read about all of you eating these itsy bitsy meals and I wonder how in the heck I'll get a minimum of 60g of Protein and if I will feel satisfied as I do now. AND I've lost 14 pounds, so I'm a happy girl!

I agree with BadWolfGirl. Start slow on soft purées and let your body be the guide. But try to get away from Protein Shakes and try to get a balanced diet in. And stay hydrated. I also can not drink protein shakes mixes. Blahh plus they r just too much for me. They make me want to throw up. But u will be amazed at the energy you will have once u start to get some real foods in. It’s as like night and day! It was great!! Yayy 14lbs down that is great!!

Thanks, guys. I'm not drinking the Protein Shakes anymore. Ick! However. I'm sure I will use them in a pinch when I go back to work. I do like the genpro Protein powder mixed in Soups and yogurt. I'll be looking forward to the energy.

On 02/09/2020 at 14:09, sarahSingh91 said:

Planning on making these soon maybe today or tomorrow

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

Looks delicious. I’ll have to wrap the bacon on something else. Only two foods I don’t like are Brussels sprouts and cauliflower. lol

On 02/09/2020 at 15:09, BadWolfGirl said:

Hi all!

RNY on 1/27 for gastroparesis and feed and bile reflux. Had a scrambled egg with a little cheese this morning and was scared bc so many people say they have issues with eggs but I had no issues! Except u get so thirsty when I eat so it's so hard for me not to grab a swig of Water !

Glad to see everyone here!

Have my two week post op on Tuesday and hope cleared for slight weight machines at the gym because I feel like a pile of goo! Haha

I used to go to a kickboxing and CrossFit gym and know I won't be in any shape to do that for a few months but miss the feeling of not being tired and mushy haha

You’re already eating eggs? ?!! That’s amazing. At 5 weeks (6 weeks tomorrow) I still can’t eat eggs without immediate restriction. I had sleeve but can only eat as if I had RNY. My son told me to enjoy the restriction while I have it but it’s hard to enjoy it when I’m still only able to eat/drink less than 500 calories a day and my body is basically in starvation mode. Oh well, at least I’m getting my fluids in.

You’re already eating eggs? ?!! That’s amazing. At 5 weeks (6 weeks tomorrow) I still can’t eat eggs without immediate restriction. I had sleeve but can only eat as if I had RNY. My son told me to enjoy the restriction while I have it but it’s hard to enjoy it when I’m still only able to eat/drink less than 500 calories a day and my body is basically in starvation mode. Oh well, at least I’m getting my fluids in.
Yeah 2 weeks out and it was on my plan so I tried it and had no issues ! I keep worrying the next thing I eat will be "the thing" I can't eat but so far so good. Even had a lick of Peanut Butter today!

On 02/09/2020 at 16:14, Uomograsso said:

I have done egg drop Soup and today hot and sour Soup and had no problem with either. I start soft foods on Thursday and I am looking forward to scrambled eggs. I use egg beaters, don't know if they are better or worse than real eggs on the new stomach or not.

I just bought eggbeaters to try out tomorrow. SarahSingh’s dietary plan mentioned eggbeaters if unable to eat eggs and after two weeks of my sleeve rejecting eggs, gotta try the eggbeaters. Let us know how it works for you.

On 02/09/2020 at 22:12, BadWolfGirl said:

Yeah 2 weeks out and it was on my plan so I tried it and had no issues ! I keep worrying the next thing I eat will be "the thing" I can't eat but so far so good. Even had a lick of Peanut Butter today!

You’re doing really great!! Keep on trucking, baby!!

On 02/09/2020 at 20:05, Taj said:

Looks delicious. I’ll have to wrap the bacon on something else. Only two foods I don’t like are Brussels sprouts and cauliflower. lol

It’s turkey bacon. U can do shrimp :) I have done shrimp already and yummy.

On 02/09/2020 at 20:14, Taj said:

I just bought eggbeaters to try out tomorrow. SarahSingh’s dietary plan mentioned eggbeaters if unable to eat eggs and after two weeks of my sleeve rejecting eggs, gotta try the eggbeaters. Let us know how it works for you.

Full eggs I can’t do the yolk is too fatty. But egg white is fine!!! I also mix in a mushroom (lol I like mushrooms)

I had RNY bypass revision after lapband done in 2013 so going into 2 weeks ago (Jan 27th) and I am able to drink Water, only core power Protein Shakes bc I’m allergic to whey Protein I discovered without sipping also and I am on Presoft foods already per my doctor stating in paperwork if I felt ok to move to Presoft go forward so that consist of Soups, unsweetened applesauce and Oikos Triple Zero yogurt and I have been fine I have appt today for my two week follow up but I had a very bad allergic reaction and I am on three meds to help me not get a ulcer and prednisone(which has not made me hungry😊) to help with the itchy, red breakout. It’s been only two days since I been on the prednisone but I can tell it’s working already still a little itchy but the rash is fading. I think it’s just us healing but the food part is weird bc I thought it would feel major restrictive like the band was but it’s not been that way so far hopefully my pouch is fine. Praying that the doctor states I can start back exercising today I have a treadmill at home and weights but I’ve already lost in two weeks a good amount so you guys are giving me hope! Go Jan Surgery tribe✨💕Thanks for sharing😊

On 02/09/2020 at 19:35, sarahSingh91 said:

I agree with BadWolfGirl. Start slow on soft purées and let your body be the guide. But try to get away from Protein Shakes and try to get a balanced diet in. And stay hydrated. I also can not drink Protein shakes mixes. Blahh plus they r just too much for me. They make me want to throw up. But u will be amazed at the energy you will have once u start to get some real foods in. It’s as like night and day! It was great!! Yayy 14lbs down that is great!!

I’ve not liked the Protein Shakes as well and I even went as far to purchase the KOS plant 🌱 based protein in vanilla to try with the fair life milk since they don’t have Whey protein and the taste is ok but still not a fan either. I am reading y’all comments and it looks like after about 6-8 weeks regular protein w meats and veggies will be reintroduced and it will get better with the protein situation. I’ve been good w taking my Vitamins ordered and Iron. Let’s see what happens today w my appt hopefully I’ll be able to try egg whites also.. I’ve lost 18lbs so far I’m excited🤩🥳

2 hours ago, kswin79 said:

I’ve not liked the Protein Shakes as well and I even went as far to purchase the KOS plant 🌱 based Protein in vanilla to try with the fair life milk since they don’t have whey protein and the taste is ok but still not a fan either. I am reading y’all comments and it looks like after about 6-8 weeks regular protein w meats and veggies will be reintroduced and it will get better with the protein situation. I’ve been good w taking my Vitamins ordered and Iron. Let’s see what happens today w my appt hopefully I’ll be able to try egg whites also.. I’ve lost 18lbs so far I’m excited🤩🥳

Sounds like you are doing great! Hope that allergic reaction doesn’t happen again, sounds terrible. Thanks for sharing and I hope you’ll let us know how your appointment goes. 18 pounds! Awesome 👏 !