Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

I've been cleared to eat what I like, but I am still being good. 58lbs down since the 8th of Jan and 53lbs down since the op on the 15th of Jan. I had / have a lot to lose but I am being good. Been told I can exercise now as well today so going to get on the WattBike I have hired and start lifting some 5kg dumbells, should help with firming too, which actually is not too bad so far, belly is shrinking well. An average day for food for me looks like -

• Breakfast - shake - 25g of Protein with Vitamins and minerals & cup of Decaf tea
  • Mid morning - either a 20g protein yogurt (low sugar) or 1/2 a 30g Phd Smart Protein Bar
  • lunch - chicken breast cut up with a few carrots or Beans
  • Mid afternoon - either a 20g protein yogurt (low sugar) or 1/2 a 30g Phd Smart Protein Bar
  • dinner - 4oz steak or chicken breast or cottage pie or scrambled eggs & either low salt / sugar baked beans, refried beans, veg mix

I am pushing down as much Water as possible and having my vits and supps.

Feel good. Some discomfort if I eat too much or too quickly, but on the whole it has been good. No reflux or vomiting. A little loose out back if I eat too much dairy (possibly sugars) but otherwise good.

Doc told me to only weigh myself once a week to help overcome any negativity of slow loss days, which I now do and is working well. Losing about 4.5lbs a week now.

One thing I have noticed is my breath stinks, I am sure this is ketosis as I am eating mainly protein-based foods, but is this something anyone else has found. Hate it!

Working hard to look good on a trip to the US (Pendleton Camp, San Diego and Santa Monica) and I am going on in June, need to look my best!

Edited by Miles in the UK
update extra

On 02/20/2020 at 08:21, Miles in the UK said:

I've been cleared to eat what I like, but I am still being good. 58lbs down since the 8th of Jan and 53lbs down since the op on the 15th of Jan. I had / have a lot to lose but I am being good. Been told I can exercise now as well today so going to get on the WattBike I have hired and start lifting some 5kg dumbells, should help with firming too, which actually is not too bad so far, belly is shrinking well. An average day for food for me looks like -

• Breakfast - shake - 25g of Protein with Vitamins and minerals & cup of Decaf tea

• Mid morning - either a 20g Protein yogurt (low sugar) or 1/2 a 30g Phd Smart Protein Bar

• Mid afternoon - either a 20g protein yogurt (low sugar) or 1/2 a 30g Phd Smart Protein Bar

• dinner - 4oz steak or chicken breast or cottage pie or scrambled eggs & either low salt / sugar baked Beans, refried beans, veg mix

Feel good. Some discomfort if I eat too much or too quickly, but on the whole it has been good. No reflux or vomiting. A little loose out back if I eat too much dairy (possibly sugars) but otherwise good.

Doc told me to only weigh myself once a week to help overcome any negativity of slow loss days, which I now do and is working well. Losing about 4.5lbs a week now.

One thing I have noticed is my breath stinks, I am sure this is ketosis as I am eating mainly protein-based foods, but is this something anyone else has found. Hate it!

Working hard to look good on a trip to the US (Pendleton Camp, San Diego and Santa Monica) and I am going on in June, need to look my best!

Hi. This is fantastic. Did you have sleeve or RNY? What are your in terms of beginning weight, goal weight, height?
Stinky breath and coated tongue? Definitely ketosis. It gets better. Keep up the hard work-you’re doing great!!

20 hours ago, Uomograsso said:

My nutritionist recommended canned chicken breast as the canning process helps break it down even more than just cooking it. Canned tuna is OK as well, but I really hate it, so I haven't tried it.

Yeah, I have some canned chicken I plan on trying soon, I want to mix it with some buffalo sauce. Curious to see how I handle spice

13 hours ago, Taj said:

Couple of screenshots from the Happy scale app showing my progress. I’m thinking about doing the premium since it’s a one time payment. I hate monthly payments.

image-0.007033348083496094.jpg

I have a renpho scale, once you buy that, the app is completely free. It tracks your weight, BMI, and a whole slew of other things like bone mass, muscle etc. And it shows you your trends from each weigh in, not just weight, but all the other things it measures. Not sure how accurate that part is, but I love the scale and the app.

Screenshot_20200220-092221_RENPHO.jpg

Screenshot_20200220-092210_RENPHO.jpg

Morning smoothie time! (After the first pic I add 1 c of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1 scoop Genepro).

This has become my staple and an easy way to get in Protein, fruit, and veggies (and fluid) without rushing into actual food first thing on the morning, which has always been hard for me. I hate all commerical Protein Drinks but can handle this we'll and it's yummy! 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200220081518620_COVER.jpg IMG_20200220_081809.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On 02/20/2020 at 06:21, Miles in the UK said:

• Mid morning - either a 20g Protein yogurt (low sugar) or 1/2 a 30g Phd Smart Protein Bar

• dinner - 4oz steak or chicken breast or cottage pie or scrambled eggs & either low salt / sugar baked Beans, refried beans, veg mix

Wow that is great! Looks like you are moving along perfectly. I had surgery Jan 14 starting BMI of 42. I have lost 34lbs. Haven’t weighed this week yet. But I am now averaging about 5-7lbs a week loss. After my stall week. Bad breath I have heard can come from several different things. I don’t experience it. But I brush my teeth 3 times a day. And I use a couple different mouth care routines the Water pik and a couple different mouth washes. One that adds moisture to your mouth. I herd dry mouth is also a problem so picked up the biotene mouthwash along with my listerine . I am kind of(a lot) OCD about my teeth lol 😆
Sounds like ur doing great with protein. I dot. Use any shakes or bars I get all my protein from animal or plant based foods. Mainly tilapia chicken beans cheese etc
California is a cute place. Not really my cup of tea. I live in Colorado so I like the Florida Mexico beaches. And I like the east coast for shopping traveling etc.
but there are many a things to do in Cali!!! They have some good beaches also! And ur close to Mexico! So visit there if u can it is breathtakingly beautiful!!

On 02/20/2020 at 07:26, BadWolfGirl said:

Morning smoothie time! (After the first pic I add 1 c of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1 scoop Genepro).

This has become my staple and an easy way to get in Protein, fruit, and veggies (and fluid) without rushing into actual food first thing on the morning, which has always been hard for me. I hate all commerical Protein Drinks but can handle this we'll and it's yummy! 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200220081518620_COVER.jpg IMG_20200220_081809.jpg

Yummy!!!!

On 02/19/2020 at 17:59, Taj said:

Couple of screenshots from the Happy scale app showing my progress. I’m thinking about doing the premium since it’s a one time payment. I hate monthly payments.

image-0.007033348083496094.jpg

I downloaded this app and plugged all my numbers in I also got the premium just to check it out. Seems awesome. I screen shot the predictions and want to see if they r right :) this is a cool tool! Did u say it tells u about stalls etc? Can u explain where to find that part! I may weigh in every day for a bit to get some numbers in cause it says it works best with as many weigh in as u can do. I plugged in all my previous weigh ins but it isn’t many.

1 hour ago, Taj said:

Hi. This is fantastic. Did you have sleeve or RNY? What are your in terms of beginning weight, goal weight, height?
Stinky breath and coated tongue? Definitely ketosis. It gets better. Keep up the hard work-you’re doing great!!

I had a sleeve on 01/15/20.

Breath and tongue... yep. Brush 4 times a day and have mouth wash too.... Enjoying sending clothes to the homeless shelter and charity shops.

Here are my stats / terms -

• Surgery Date: 01/15/2020
  • Height: 6 feet 2 inches
  • Starting Weight: 427.7 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 58.7 lbs
  • Current Weight: 369 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 252 lbs
  • BMI: 47

30 minutes ago, sarahSingh91 said:

Thank you Sarah, I have done Cali a few times but do NY every Feb (not this year for obv reasons). Have skied Heavenly, Tahoe and Breckinridge in Colorado too so know what a beautiful place you call home. As a side role I am a trustee for a Military based charity and have been invited to Pendleton Camp in San Diego to run some classes and talks for the Marines. Looking forward to it.

Edited by Miles in the UK

On 02/20/2020 at 08:00, Miles in the UK said:

I had a sleeve on 01/15/20.

Breath and tongue... yep. Brush 4 times a day and have mouth wash too.... Enjoying sending clothes to the homeless shelter and charity shops.

Here are my stats / terms -

• Surgery Date: 01/15/2020

• Height: 6 feet 2 inches

• Starting Weight: 427.7 lbs

• Weight Lost: 58.7 lbs

• Current Weight: 369 lbs

• Goal Weight: 252 lbs

• BMI: 47

Omg u r tall! That’s awesome!

On 02/20/2020 at 08:05, Miles in the UK said:

Thank you Sarah, I have done Cali a few times but do NY every Feb (not this year for obv reasons). Have skied Heavenly, Tahoe and Breckinridge in Colorado too so know what a beautiful place you call home. As a side role I am a trustee for a Military based charity and have been invited to Pendleton Camp in San Diego to run some classes and talks for the Marines. Looking forward to it.

Awesome. Yes we love our mountains. I live in Denver so very close to all the action we have season passes to Aspen Vail Breckinridge. I love to travel. Haven’t visited the U.K. but will soon! My sister just moved there with her husband he is in the military!

Awesome. Yes we love our mountains. I live in Denver so very close to all the action we have season passes to Aspen Vail Breckinridge. I love to travel. Haven’t visited the U.K. but will soon! My sister just moved there with her husband he is in the military!
I live in Iowa. I love my neighbors and friends but hate the state. Moved here ten years ago for husband's military contracting job on the arsenal. We're originally from NJ and NY family now lives in Virginia Beach and his family lives in Colorado which is likely where we'll be moving once the kids go to college and get out of my house lol I need space and mountains and outdoor things to do. I feel trapped by flat plains and no forests or mountains here

On 02/20/2020 at 08:32, BadWolfGirl said:

I live in Iowa. I love my neighbors and friends but hate the state. Moved here ten years ago for husband's military contracting job on the arsenal. We're originally from NJ and NY family now lives in Virginia Beach and his family lives in Colorado which is likely where we'll be moving once the kids go to college and get out of my house lol I need space and mountains and outdoor things to do. I feel trapped by flat plains and no forests or mountains here

Awesome! Maybe we can get together! We are moving to Colorado Springs March 13actually lol huge military city. 5bases there I’m sure you already know that lol
It’s so beautiful we are wanting to get out Denver. So many people have moved to Denver when they legalized marijuana it is extremely congested now. For Traffic you almost need an anti anxiety med lol

4 hours ago, PostVSGandKeto said:

Yeah, I have some canned chicken I plan on trying soon, I want to mix it with some buffalo sauce. Curious to see how I handle spice

I started off mixing in mild canned enchilada sauce with my Beans. My stomach handled that well so I tried the spi y refried beans and some medium sauce. OK with that as well. I made some buffalo chicken dip with low fat cream cheese, canned chicken and Frank's red hot sauce and that was OK as well. Start with the mild and work your way up.