Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My husband likes to go to the movies, but I’m dreading it because I used to LOVE eating movie popcorn and drinking an Icee. The delicious smell of popcorn lingers in the movie theater. Now that I can’t have my favorite movie treats I know it’s going to be hard being in that environment, but I don’t want to be unfair to my husband and stop going to the movies. I know that I don’t necessarily have to eat anything at the movies, but are there aNy suggestions on what movie Snacks I could eat-Im only one month after having gastric sleeve?

Ok this is key...

Sneak in string cheese, Protein chips ir puffs, yogurt cups, hummus, Jello cups, pudding, root beer Water Enhancer (any Water enhancer really)

Or eat right before you go! Works everytime...

sneaking-snacks-into-the-movies-like-martinisandmayhem-nothing-to-see-2305301.png

if you were further along, I would suggest lots of veggie bits like celery and green peppers cut into small pieces that you have to chew for a long time.

One month out might be tricky in finding something that agrees with the stage you are in. Take your cute water bottle and bring crystal light singles, have some Protein before you go in, then you won't feel so tempted. There are protein chips and similar items like cheese crisps that you might be able to tolerate. Warning - the smell of them made me nauseous.

But here is the kicker... this is an old habit that might need to go. The association of food and movies is something to thibk about. I have the same issue here at home - my husband 'junks' it up while we watch movies. I have a serious love of popcorn, and I can quickly be in trouble with it.... I had to stop watching movies with him for awhile until I could handle not eating at all during a movie. Snacking is a meal, not a snack - of course this is further out in your journey. Right now you have to eat many times just because you cannot consume very much. Good luck.

I really love the Quest chips. They’re snacky and 20g Protein. I also like the premiere protein clear protein, another snack to throw in your bag. If you like Starbucks - their egg white and red pepper egg bites are so yummy. I also like these dried apple slices. There are many options for snacking at the movies - just make sure it’s protein focused as everyone has been suggesting. Seaweed packs are another great, 100 cal snack.

On 5/12/2022 at 6:20 PM, Imodjin said:

Just watch movies at home, buy a subscription to some service and look at 4K. I usually download movies with The Pirate Bay and then watch them. About the appetizers, I like to watch movies net chips or ice cream, and be sure to have Water to quench your thirst. But that’s how it’s gonna work because sometimes there are no Snacks, and there’s food, and I can tell you, watching a movie with casserole or lasagna is really cool.

Yes, there was a time when I also had a subscription

Yeah, I love popcorn too. I had some at a baseball game. It put me in a major stall because then I wanted some at home every night. At one month I wouldn’t try it because it’s so rough. Just remember it’s a carb, try it later after you’ve been given the all clear. Then test it for yourself and see how you do both digestively and weight wise.

I am going to the movies tomorrow. I was thinking about bringing in skinny pop in my purse. I figured I will put it in a ziplock bag so it’s not as noisy. My only problem is that popcorn is a slider food for me so I will still want more when I’m done with my small portion but I guess I will just have to deal with that. I’m used to eating the popcorn the whole movie but obviously that’s what got me in trouble before.

I went to the movies today too! I took a Fairlife strawberry nutrition shake and my gummy vitamins. My daughter bought me a Minute Maid zero sugar cherry limeade too.