Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

9 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I'm going to try my hand at this tart !

I've made several dozen recipes from Amy Chaplin's two cookbooks and website, and found every one of them to be nutritious, nummy, and worth the effort!

6 hours ago, PollyEster said:

I've made several dozen recipes from Amy Chaplin's two cookbooks and website, and found every one of them to be nutritious, nummy, and worth the effort!

We love pics of food here, btw...just saying.

12 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Yes! Which one though? The linguine one or the green rice ?

Green rice please! My children are going to love it ❤

18 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

Tried a new NYT recipe. Chinese chili made with sesame oil, ground beef + pork, fresh ginger, garlic, Chinese 5 spice, soy sauce for dinner.

IMG_4465.jpeg

IMG_3542.jpeg

Fancy!

11 hours ago, PollyEster said:

We NEED to see these creations please ❤

20 hours ago, ms.sss said:

So what was the verdict? Btw, was this in Instant Pot recipe?

It was absolutely DELISH! A refreshing change from the conventional chili. Very intriguing flavors! Simmered it on the stove for 45 minutes. We did instant pot the dried black Beans in bacon, though. Yummy side.

IMG_3543.jpeg

14 hours ago, PollyEster said:

Ditto! recipes definitely worthy of the effort... Our favorite GO TO dessert. Cannot wait to see more of your Chaplin inspired creations. Your tart post magnificent. Thank you for sharing it with us. ;]

IMG_3268.jpeg

Grilled pork chops, grilled chicken drumsticks, assorted grilled veggies and leftover Mac n’ cheese from lunch.

I had one drumstick and the bone from one of Mr.’s chops (is it just me or do others like gnawing on meat bones?? And no, I won’t go to town on a bone in public...just in the privacy of my own home where I can be as Fred Flintstone-y as I want!...or also maybe in someone’s backyard bbq...)

Oh, and I had about 1/2 cup of the veggies.

...and a pre-meal coffee martini (not shown).

421870DC-6A63-45DB-9E2C-3447243488BC.jpeg.03cb0fcee2b0507afb53c7701f425d5a.jpeg

819E3F4A-AFF0-4C31-9D36-64A7B782F3E5.jpeg.2e0c4bb40236ef3c46f18f4ef89437b0.jpeg

5B1639CC-37BF-496F-8607-941B82BAE4E1.jpeg.d531817569fc60cee695475081d05a4b.jpeg

55 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Grilled pork chops, grilled chicken drumsticks, assorted grilled veggies and leftover Mac n’ cheese from lunch.

I had one drumstick and the bone from one of Mr.’s chops (is it just me or do others like gnawing on meat bones?? And no, I won’t go to town on a bone in public...just in the privacy of my own home where I can be as Fred Flintstone-y as I want!...or also maybe in someone’s backyard bbq...)

Oh, and I had about 1/2 cup of the veggies.

...and a pre-meal coffee martini (not shown).

421870DC-6A63-45DB-9E2C-3447243488BC.jpeg.03cb0fcee2b0507afb53c7701f425d5a.jpeg

819E3F4A-AFF0-4C31-9D36-64A7B782F3E5.jpeg.2e0c4bb40236ef3c46f18f4ef89437b0.jpeg

5B1639CC-37BF-496F-8607-941B82BAE4E1.jpeg.d531817569fc60cee695475081d05a4b.jpeg

yuuuuuuuummm!!!

Totally a bone gnawer as well, but only at home hahaha!

Edited by DaisyChainOz
posted too soon.

Everything looks so good!

Tomorrow is going to be dangerous, I’m picking up a ton of bbq food for a father’s day feast this weekend. I swear I got enough for 8 people and there will be 3 of us. It will last all weekend. I ordered some smoked chicken so I can pace myself! I’ll post pictures this weekend.

Damn, those chops look good! Did you marinate them? @ms.sss

Edited by Cheeseburgh

3 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Damn, those chops look good! Did you marinate them? @ms.sss

Yes, I did!

It ended up getting marinated for almost 2 days (due to me gilling them the day after I originally meant to)!

Since I had more chops than usual, I tripled the recipe below, and then before grilling, I boiled the marinade to reduce a little then added 1/2 tsp of cornstarch to thicken a bit more. I then used this as a baste during grilling (careful: the oil and sugar content will cause mighty flare ups if it gets to drippy!)

2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey (or brown sugar)
3 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp ginger minced
2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
1 tsp black pepper

* can make this more Keto if you sub the soy sauce for tamari, the honey with brown sugar stevia, and the sriracha with chilli flakes or cayenne. And if you want to baste, sub the cornstarch with xanthan gum. I wasn't planning on having any (I had chicken) so I did it the regular way.

Edited by ms.sss

21 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Green rice please! My children are going to love it ❤

Ingredients:

• 1-2 bunches of cilantro (Put cilantro in a blender with a little Water and blend until its completely broken down)
  • Rice
  • chicken (any cut)
  • Mixed veggies (Peas, carrots, corn)
  • 1-2 Red bell peppers (cut in long pieces)
  • Aji Amarillo (a couple tablespoons)
  • 1 onion & a couple garlic cloves
  • Seasonings: S&P, cumin, garlic powder, a dash or two of turmeric, adobo (optional)
  • 1 chicken bouillon cube
  1. Lightly season the chicken with the above seasonings minus the turmeric and then pan sear them until they are half way cooked and have a nice golden color.
  2. In a rice pot, add some oil and fry the onions and garlic. Once they are half way cooked add the aji amarillo and fry for or minute or two making sure you are constantly stirring the mixture.
  3. Season the mixture with all of the above seasonings and add the chicken cube. If the mixture starts drying up and sticking add some water and then after another minute add the blended cilantro and cook for 2 minutes or so.
  4. Add the chicken to the pot and then add some water (enough to cover the chicken to the top. Let the chicken cook until done.
  5. Once the chicken is done, remove it from the mixture and set aside. Scoop out any oil or grease you see come up to the surface.
  6. Add your mixed veggies, bell peppers, add enough water depending on how much rice you are making, then add your rice and mix.
  7. Check to see if the mixture needs salt. Cook the rice as you normally would and once the rice is done turn off the stove and add the chicken back to the pot leaving it on the surface and cover the pan letting the steam do its work.
  8. Done!

Here's a link of how to make it. Its in Spanish but you can see how everything is suppose to look like. She adds some black beer which is normally used in this rice but I do it without. She also adds some blended spinach to it but I like a stronger cilantro flavor so I don't add that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzyE1THjSnA

Not sure if you wanted the papa a la huancaina recipe (yellow cream potato app) but here it is either way:

• Blend together half of a pack of queso freso (I use Mexican, Salvadorean, or Guatemalan because Peruvian cheese doesn't exist here), a drizzle of olive oil, some evaporated milk, a couple saltine crackers, salt, and a couple spoons of aji amarillo and that's it.
  • The consistency should be somewhat thick and serve it over boiled potatoes.

Ok so this is aji amarillo. Its definitely essential to making the rice and it wont come out the same if you decide not to use it. I believe Amazon has it too. Its spicy so be careful when using it because I found that some jars are spicier than others, ESPECIALLY when you first open the jar. Just add to your desire taste.

Oh and I highly recommend doing the salsa criolla (onion mixture). Its basically purple onions mixed with lime, salt, cilantro and a chopped hot pepper of your choice. I cant eat this meal without it lol

Hope you like it!

81nA7G5JQlL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.6b726199e8606110c77ace2828c19305.jpg

5 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Ingredients:

• 1-2 bunches of cilantro (Put cilantro in a blender with a little Water and blend until its completely broken down)
  • Rice
  • chicken (any cut)
  • Mixed veggies (Peas, carrots, corn)
  • 1-2 Red bell peppers (cut in long pieces)
  • Aji Amarillo (a couple tablespoons)
  • 1 onion & a couple garlic cloves
  • Seasonings: S&P, cumin, garlic powder, a dash or two of turmeric, adobo (optional)
  • 1 chicken bouillon cube
  1. Lightly season the chicken with the above seasonings minus the turmeric and then pan sear them until they are half way cooked and have a nice golden color.
  2. In a rice pot, add some oil and fry the onions and garlic. Once they are half way cooked add the aji amarillo and fry for or minute or two making sure you are constantly stirring the mixture.
  3. Season the mixture with all of the above seasonings and add the chicken cube. If the mixture starts drying up and sticking add some Water and then after another minute add the blended cilantro and cook for 2 minutes or so.
  4. Add the chicken to the pot and then add some water (enough to cover the chicken to the top. Let the chicken cook until done.
  5. Once the chicken is done, remove it from the mixture and set aside. Scoop out any oil or grease you see come up to the surface.
  6. Add your mixed veggies, bell peppers, add enough water depending on how much rice you are making, then add your rice and mix.
  7. Check to see if the mixture needs salt. Cook the rice as you normally would and once the rice is done turn off the stove and add the chicken back to the pot leaving it on the surface and cover the pan letting the steam do its work.
  8. Done!

Here's a link of how to make it. Its in Spanish but you can see how everything is suppose to look like. She adds some black beer which is normally used in this rice but I do it without. She also adds some blended spinach to it but I like a stronger cilantro flavor so I don't add that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzyE1THjSnA

Not sure if you wanted the papa a la huancaina recipe (yellow cream potato app) but here it is either way:

• Blend together half of a pack of queso freso (I use Mexican, Salvadorean, or Guatemalan because Peruvian cheese doesn't exist here), a drizzle of olive oil, some evaporated milk, a couple saltine crackers, salt, and a couple spoons of aji amarillo and that's it.
  • The consistency should be somewhat thick and serve it over boiled potatoes.

Ok so this is aji amarillo. Its definitely essential to making the rice and it wont come out the same if you decide not to use it. I believe Amazon has it too. Its spicy so be careful when using it because I found that some jars are spicier than others, ESPECIALLY when you first open the jar. Just add to your desire taste.

Oh and I highly recommend doing the salsa criolla (onion mixture). Its basically purple onions mixed with lime, salt, cilantro and a chopped hot pepper of your choice. I cant eat this meal without it lol

Hope you like it!

81nA7G5JQlL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.6b726199e8606110c77ace2828c19305.jpg

OMG Thank you !!! ❤