Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

2 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

Love your elevated back porch + yard!? Just had a salad today, too - with cheddar cheese and strawberries.

IMG_4556.jpeg

(Close, front porch. I normally sit out in the back porch for morning coffee, but the view is not as nice.)

I need me some strawberries!!!

1 hour ago, Sophie7713 said:

Father's Day simplistic meal plan - LOL. Breakfast (scrambled eggs), lunch (shrimp) and dinner (tried a new navy bean Soup recipe) with basil/dried Tomato flatbread.

You know, I am noticing an elevation of your plating these days, Sophe... 👍🏼😀...

1 hour ago, Sophie7713 said:

Is Tomahawk steak like prime rib? Tender? BQ inside or outdoors? WOW! What an AMAZING spread. Like YUM.

Is really just a ribeye with the bone attached and frenched for show, lol.

Edited by ms.sss

6 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

I'd say hubs and son are two very LUCKY fellows! Might you share your brisket recipe?

Steamboat Bbq

It’s the easiest recipe ever! I dial the phone and pick it up!

I like the French bone on the Tomahawk steak! @ms.sss

it looks better than ours! Where did you find one with such a dramatic bone? Our good butcher shop doesn’t have these in their case.

I don’t think burnt ends are hard to find if you have a decent bbq place near you. Even though my husband has a huge smoker, he doesn’t make these. He tried once and they were ok, but not great. He does smoke Brisket, pork, fish, chicken etc.. but these he has not mastered.

506248AC-4685-4C8F-A9B8-3180BBED2472.jpeg

Edited by Cheeseburgh

food for today. Still have my muesli with soy skyr at work because French fries with bell pepper sauce were calling yesterday, lol.

Sandwich with vegan cheese. Junk food but the Wilmersburger tastes. Some almonds based spread to make it less dry.

Vegan Cheese Sandwich.jpg

Edited by summerset

Roasted veggie salad with avocado, roasted Tomato salsa, and creamy vegan chipotle sauce. I ate just over half. A few spoonfuls of dessert, two hours later: raspberry nice cream (just raspberries and bananas).

1202627352_roastedvegsalsaavocadochipotlecashewcream.thumb.jpg.e3ba4da49eaaa0c68c4feeebb58089db.jpg

551854692_berrybanananicecream.thumb.jpg.5eee594fdb030a19ee52e774dacc4e05.jpg

On 6/21/2020 at 11:48 AM, summerset said:

Veg kebab with red onion and I made tzatziki again. Spiced it up with Rad el Hanout spice mix for kebab.

Kebab.jpg

This looks savoury-licious! There are SO many meat alternatives available in German supermarkets compared to Canada. Your lunches all look yummy, too.

9 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

it looks better than ours! Where did you find one with such a dramatic bone? Our good butcher shop doesn’t have these in their case.

I don’t think burnt ends are hard to find if you have a decent bbq place near you. Even though my husband has a huge smoker, he doesn’t make these. He tried once and they were ok, but not great. He does smoke Brisket, pork, fish, chicken etc.. but these he has not mastered.

I dunno, yours looks pretty amazing! It looks like it has more fat content than ours...yum. Were you the grill master for this work of art??

I get these cuts a from butcher shop near my place. They’ve been there forever...they used to be in a field with nothing around them, and over the years, developments rose up around them, but they still there, lol.

They don’t always have these cuts on hand at many butchers (mine just has it around special occasion days) but I’m sure you can special-order it. Warning: they are a little in the pricier side.

7 hours ago, PollyEster said:

Roasted veggie salad with avocado, roasted Tomato salsa, and creamy vegan chipotle sauce.

1202627352_roastedvegsalsaavocadochipotlecashewcream.thumb.jpg.e3ba4da49eaaa0c68c4feeebb58089db.jpg

You got me again! Yum 😋

Now, how does one make a creamy vegan chipotle sauce??

On 6/22/2020 at 3:33 AM, summerset said:

Lunchbox for today:

Lunchbox.jpg

I am not a big fan of Protein Bars but I saw that no cow bar at Walmart and thought about getting one. Those are in the cooler right? Are they any good ? I use to have one on occasion after VSG but I did One bars.

Is that some kind of cracker and cheeses thing pictured ?

12 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Sams sells the Tomahawk steaks like ms.sss had. You guys are making me want steak now. lol

10 hours ago, PollyEster said:

This looks savoury-licious! There are SO many meat alternatives available in German supermarkets compared to Canada. Your lunches all look yummy, too.

Thank you. :)

Though by far not all meat alternatives are tasting good. Some are just 🤢. However, during the last years there are some yummy alternatives on the market. Cheeses are still lacking behind. Most are unhealthy and just plain gross.

1 hour ago, Tracyringo said:

I am not a big fan of Protein Bars but I saw that no cow bar at Walmart and thought about getting one. Are they any good ? I use to have one on occasion after VSG but I did One bars.

I think all Protein bars are kind of junk food when looking at the ingredients. The No Cow bars are one of the less evil ones, lol. When looking at the prices of the bars I think I'm going to finally try my own though. I will never be able to copy a Clif Builder bar but something simulating the consistency and taste of the No Cow bars should be possible.

Those are in the cooler right?

It's just a lunchbox I put into the fridge at work because it contains perishable items. The bars don't need to be cooled though.

Is that some kind of cracker and cheeses thing pictured ?

It's 100% whole meal rye bread. Luckily these kinds of breads are available at about any grocery store that sells bread. Might be a different brand but you can always get a decent bread at German grocery stores/supermarkets. From what I read on the boards it's way different in many other countries though.

The cheese is Wilmersburger Vegan cheese. It's one of the better tasting ones but it's just plain unhealthy IMO and expensive and I don't buy it that often. I usually only get these cheeses when I crave a cheeseburger real bad or a cheese sandwich.