Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 6/11/2020 at 4:58 PM, ms.sss said:

Looks good, also looks like you hardly had any rice at all, lol.

P.S. Im with you though, i still shy away from rice (surprisingly haven't had any since surgery - 1.5+ years! ...and i used to have it almost every day. I even went from a sushi and maki lover to a sashimi lover lol)

P.P.S. I love all the food pics u post ❤️❤️❤️

Wow! 1.5 years!? That’s incredible! I don’t normally have it but I will admit I do take bites of it while I cook lol and I’ve tried to switch to sashimi but I end up throwing up 😭

and thank you!! I love seeing your salads and all your massive spreads of yumminess! 💜🤤

On 6/13/2020 at 1:58 PM, Lily66 said:

Looks Delish!! ...but Father’s Day is 6/21 this year!😍

You know I saw @ms.sss post and I freaked out thinking I forgot Father’s Day so I ran to my dad and wished him a Happy Father’s Day. He looked at me like I had five heads and was like “thank you????” 😂

21 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

IMG_4445.jpeg

I still haven’t gotten myself to be able to put fruit in my salad but omg this looks sooo good and tempting ❤️❤️❤️ I just MIGHT try it lol

Korean BBQ w/ my bf this past weekend. We ordered spicy pork, shrimp, marinated thin beef, thin sliced pork belly, and beef tongue.

I am saying goodbye to meat for sometime now and thought this would be a good way to end the relationship 😭 Ever since my kidney stone scare I’ve been thinking a lot about my health and I’ve never had a problem even when I was 140 pounds heavier. I’m going to try to go vegan for a bit and see how that works. Before wls there was a point where I was a strict vegetarian for a year but that was easy because I ate a lot of eggs lol Let’s see how long I can go 😅

288335FA-C67B-42DD-BFF0-700E15943DDC.jpeg

D326809C-511C-469D-A1D4-6FA88875EFD2.jpeg

BB6B3FBE-901F-4B9B-9DFC-A58D557C05E0.jpeg

8D043383-D60F-4CF2-BFC2-90B1898DCF07.jpeg

36 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Korean BBQ w/ my bf this past weekend. We ordered spicy pork, shrimp, marinated thin beef, thin sliced pork belly, and beef tongue.

I am saying goodbye to meat for sometime now and thought this would be a good way to end the relationship 😭 Ever since my kidney stone scare I’ve been thinking a lot about my health and I’ve never had a problem even when I was 140 pounds heavier. I’m going to try to go vegan for a bit and see how that works. Before wls there was a point where I was a strict vegetarian for a year but that was easy because I ate a lot of eggs lol Let’s see how long I can go 😅

288335FA-C67B-42DD-BFF0-700E15943DDC.jpeg

Ahhhh....i miss Korean BBQ! (we aren't opened up for dine in restaurants here yet....)

1 hour ago, MsSophisticated1 said:

Need the recipe please

Hi @MsSophisticated1...are you talking to @MarvelGirl25 or me?

(I'm asking cuz you quoted me, but it was a response to post about MG's delicious noodle casserole...?)

1 hour ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

I still haven’t gotten myself to be able to put fruit in my salad but omg this looks sooo good and tempting ❤️❤️❤️ I just MIGHT try it lol

The fusion of flavors can be a lot of fun! And, you can get all your nutrients in one. Love salads, and lots of variety cause I eat one everyday. Were kidney stones a result of meat in your diet?

The baking extravaganza continues...

I had defrosted that discovered box of phyllo, so of course I had to use it, so....today we have Spiced Peach-ginger Turnovers!

I had a bite of one. Pretty good, but I’d rather fill my tum with Pavlova. Fam gave the thumbs up though did wonder aloud if I am on a secret mission to make them fat. As if!

Anyway, apologies for clogging this thread with desserts...next thing I post will be healthier, pinky swear.

1A99A71F-E02E-4D8B-9703-1C49EB330E01.jpeg.27a3aca831bbca82f16b6d86617d4fa9.jpeg

8D439FB8-6CF2-45AA-B549-02995CCC704C.jpeg.f3241ebd064d91a59c8788d7cf4533d9.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Hi @MsSophisticated1...are you talking to @MarvelGirl25 or me?

(I'm asking cuz you quoted me, but it was a response to post about MG's delicious noodle casserole...?)

I wasn’t sure if that was for me or you?

2 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

The fusion of flavors can be a lot of fun! And, you can get all your nutrients in one. Love salads, and lots of variety cause I eat one everyday. Were kidney stones a result of meat in your diet?

Ahhh I need to to be like you! That’s great you have one everyday! I find myself having salad throughout the week and then I take a break and have something different the next.

All the doctor said was to try to cut the amount of meat and animal products in my diet. I’m assuming it formed because I eat more meat now vs prior to wls

Last nights dinner: I made arroz con pollo peruano (Peruvian rice and chicken) with a side of papá a la huancaina (creamy yellow potato app) and salsa criolla (spicy onion lime mixture) for my bf.

Normally I would pick at what I cook for him but since yesterday was day 1 of my vegan journey I made tostadas for myself instead. Ingredients: puréed black Beans, avocado, soy chorizo, pico de gallo, lettuce, vegan almond cheese, and habanero sauce.

For today’s Breakfast I’m having a tofu scramble with onions, mushrooms, scallions, spinach, tomatoes, and avocado on the side.

6DEF4F6F-220F-43D6-9ABA-620A2041FE22.jpeg

9EAFFE20-6EC6-4AFF-AAEF-58D7FED65B47.jpeg

541F0934-D692-41F9-AA28-8D3F3581FD7C.jpeg

53 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

yesterday was day 1 of my vegan journey I made tostadas for myself instead.

Ok, I will confess that I often do not get excited when I see vegan meals. Sorry vegans everywhere! I'm sure my pics of meat and stuff would make you similarly un-excited, sorry for that too!!

...but I think if there is anyone who could activate my salivating glands over a vegan dish it would be YOU.

Bring it ON! 😂 YES, CHEF!