Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

5 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I got Mr. to make his world famous hand-made Pasta and I made a bacon-roasted_corn-garlic-butter cream sauce with seared bay scallops to go with it.

I don't know why I served myself this sized portion (about 3/4 cup in volume) when I really had no intention of eating it beyond a taste. I did eat most of the toppings though.

Fam ate everything...there were no leftovers! (even my picked-at saucer was cleaned off, lol)

image.thumb.png.68e331de5bd087e6cb93a636b999707e.png

IMG_8151.thumb.jpg.4b66feabdae58104cf0c3b3a0d0bf997.jpg

OH MY ms.sss you're killing me! mr.sss's Pasta looks heavenly! Not sure I could have stopped at just one noodle! Amazing team effort - dinner divine. Funny, we were both thinking pasta today. Just shared your post with hubby and he said, bag the spaghetti squash! We're coming up with our clam sauce! And, a taste of the seared scallop dish! Wow. Haha.

53 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

Funny, we were both thinking Pasta today. Just shared your post with hubby and he said, bag the spaghetti squash!

We've been on the same wavelength food-wise for a few days now, lol. Let's see if we come up with the same thing again tomorrow....

Also, I LOVE that you share our BP shenanigans with hubs and he responds in kind ❤️

13 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

Have you begun to eat more meat, GT? Was thinking you preferred vegetarian. The turkey looks so good - is it Cajun styled? What brand? I can never get a turkey product that has any flavor? Love the glass plate. I really miss going to thrift shops, Goodwill and/or estate sales where you can find really neat and unique vintage specialty plates.

I do prefer vegetarian meals but I recently had more plastics and need the Protein. This is deli cut Boar's Head Sausalito Turkey and Muenster cheese (the only ones I truly like) they are so good!

I'm glad you like the *glass* plate but its plastic 😂.

I bought it to display something and ended up eating off of it once i realized it was too small for my needs.

I miss thrifting as well, I often wonder when I will be able to shop normally again

20 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Went out for Indian food with a few friends yesterday. Ordered saag paneer and instead of basmati rice I asked for kale salad but they messed up and gave me rice anyway. And yes I ended up eating a little bit of rice 😭 I swear I really try to avoid these things lol

02B878AF-AA2A-4266-8D5F-EEC7BECE53F8.jpeg

E7FAE55E-5E5B-447E-ACDB-55D9C3E6ED7F.jpeg

59FCECD9-9065-4A54-ACE5-4FF2F1CA294D.jpeg

This gave me all the feels 😭 my favorite Indian cafeteria is temporarily closed

“Reunited, and if feels so good...”

I feel like my salad intake has decreased dramatically lately...

Anyhoo, today’s lunch: SALAD!

Romaine, carrots, cucumber, cheddar, corn kernels, pumpkin seeds, snack size can of spicy Thai tuna & my fave vinaigrette...399 cals for the entire thing (i think i made this with tad bit too much optimism, will likely not finish this in one sitting...)

2FD1AE90-FAD2-4508-B5D2-CE99DBF47C89.jpeg.022e00c719ad62bea19c201ce011194c.jpeg

Ok, no talk about artificial food coloring, please. I noticed the unnatural color of the sauce after I bought it. 😂

Leftover rice with peanut tofu and spinach with a sweet & sour sauce for tomorrow's work day.

SweetSour.jpg

OK, we had all these egg whites sitting doing nothing in the fridge after Mr. made his Pasta the other day. So I figured I'd make meringue with it and use it for some yet-to-be-determined dessert(s). Tomorrow is Father's Day after all, may as well do some guerrilla baking!

Based on what I've got in the fridge/freezer and pantry, it's going to be something peach-y OR blueberry-y OR lemon-y (or maybe one of each?). Also got a box of phyllo sheets I found in the recesses of my freezer drawer. I'm excited now to go google some ideas....

Check out the meringue. I could putty bricks with this stuff, lol.

IMG_8200.thumb.jpg.81066471b8788d173ea9692abf3a10b5.jpg

3 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

OK, we had all these egg whites sitting doing nothing in the fridge after Mr. made his Pasta the other day. So I figured I'd make meringue with it and use it for some yet-to-be-determined dessert(s). Tomorrow is Father's Day after all, may as well do some guerrilla baking!

Based on what I've got in the fridge/freezer and pantry, it's going to be something peach-y OR blueberry-y OR lemon-y (or maybe one of each?). Also got a box of phyllo sheets I found in the recesses of my freezer drawer. I'm excited now to go google some ideas....

Check out the meringue. I could putty bricks with this stuff, lol.

IMG_8200.thumb.jpg.81066471b8788d173ea9692abf3a10b5.jpg

Looks Delish!! ...but Father’s Day is 6/21 this year!😍

Speaking of baking, I was having an insomniac night last night AND was having wicked Peanut Butter cravings, so I baked up a batch of peanut butter chocolate chip Cookies at like 3am.

By the time it was done and cooled, the craving passed, and I got sleepy, so I figured I'd just leave them for fam to eat some for Breakfast. By the time I went downstairs this AM, they were gone. They must have been good! (They sure smelled delicious)

IMG_8165.thumb.jpg.82571d321dc5582482b22f96203e5ff6.jpg

Edited by ms.sss

2 minutes ago, Lily66 said:

Looks Delish!! ...but Father’s Day is 6/21 this year!😍

What the?!?! Well, duh. And I already bought the monster steaks for gilling tomorrow.

Guess Mr. is getting 2 Father's Days this year. 🙄

On 6/13/2020 at 2:07 PM, ms.sss said:

What the?!?! Well, duh. And I already bought the monster steaks for gilling tomorrow.

Guess Mr. is getting 2 Father's Days this year. 🙄

Don't be too hard on yourself! Who the hell knows what day it is anymore?... OMG the monotony of it all. Florida we believe has opened up too fast - too soon and our favorite porch side marina restaurant was packed last night. And, we even went earlier to avoid possible crowding. There was absolutely no indication of a pandemic which still lurks, much less a formidable virus still pursuing hosts. The cavalier attitudes indeed prevail. And, our numbers are spiking again. Mother Smith (85) tested positive last week and was moved to a special wing within her memory care unit. Bless her heart. We have not seen her since March 1st. Any how - looks like dining out may not be a good option just yet. Sooooo back in the apron trapped in the 1950's, I go. Admire ms.sss's bubbly enthusiasm, at this juncture! I so appreciate her can do spirit! Her ingenuity, joy + love for food and family! AND, her graciousnesses to share (along with others) helping to inspire + keep this thread going. Craved a nice salad yesterday. And, this was lunch + dinner tonight - baked chicken thighs in Tomato herb sauce. Hoo hum, I know. ;[ Bobby attacks any loud sounding kitchen appliance BUT makes for a happy + lively cooking experience. ;] Counting those little joys...

IMG_4445.jpeg

IMG_4458.jpeg

IMG_4432.jpeg

IMG_4436.jpeg

7 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

IMG_4432.jpeg

Yum!!!

4 hours ago, sillykitty said:

IKEA released their meatball recipe 😋

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Googled.

Recipe bookmarked.

Making this next week!

So the meringue ended up being part of a Pavlova! (Thx @sillykitty for the suggestion!)

I give you: Lemon Curd Pavlova topped with Roasted Almonds!

I admit I skipped dinner so I could just have dessert. Don’t judge me.

3E9BE3AE-CABC-4E9B-867A-C080FF59650F.jpeg.a9b867632ef4263056b375662cd5dfab.jpeg

761B1647-5F20-424C-9B8D-F4395C15C9D8.jpeg.23a7a396af9b690dcbc3397165551075.jpeg

FF7FA905-E84F-47F3-B238-3A06343CE71C.jpeg.210c591ca64e3f89a824c81223fdf570.jpeg