Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

I have never heard of a Chinese beef roll!

I feel like its been AGES since I had a salad (in reality, its probably been like 2 days, lol)

Romaine + baby spinach + carrots + cucumber + grilled chicken breast + vinaigrette + spices. Ate it ALL. YUM.

147 cals: 19g protein, 4g fat, 1g NET carbs

IMG_8066.thumb.jpg.a0e4c4fc6617348a197b559bd877c96b.jpg

34 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I feel like its been AGES since I had a salad (in reality, its probably been like 2 days, lol)

Romaine + baby spinach + carrots + cucumber + grilled chicken breast + vinaigrette + spices. Ate it ALL. YUM.

147 cals: 19g protein, 4g fat, 1g NET carbs

IMG_8066.thumb.jpg.a0e4c4fc6617348a197b559bd877c96b.jpg

how many ounces of chicken breast did you put in your salad/how many ounces of meat do you usually put?

Before and after hospital food. Went to the ER yesterday morning because I was experiencing severe pain on the lower right side of my stomach. Turns out I have a 4 mm kidney stone

CB9E9F4C-2622-44E6-938C-BC99C4E26F22.jpeg

5BD4E1E0-D2C9-45C7-A8D8-5F2CD5680A79.jpeg

1 hour ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

how many ounces of chicken breast did you put in your salad/how many ounces of meat do you usually put?

For this particular salad, it weighed out as 90g (3.17 oz).

I usually have anywhere from 90-120g of meat/protein on my salads if I put some on....with the exception of lean pork: for some reason lean pork fills me up way faster (or maybe I just tolerate it less?) so I would serve myself maybe half of a regular "meat portion" if pork is on the menu.

1 hour ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Went to the ER yesterday morning because I was experiencing severe pain on the lower right side of my stomach. Turns out I have a 4 mm kidney stone

Yikes! Does it/did it require surgery? Or do you have to pass it yourself?

On 6/2/2020 at 2:02 AM, summerset said:

The spreads are Peanut Butter, a vegan chocolate spread and the fruity stuff is a high quality (i. e. high fruit content) raspberry or strawberry marmalade.

The apricots were indeed very good. :)

You have inspired me to try a fresh apricot! Bought two today at the market. I've only used them dried from Sunmaid for my grandmother's apricot nut bread during the holidays. Excited to discover their taste fresh. ;]

3 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Before and after hospital food. Went to the ER yesterday morning because I was experiencing severe pain on the lower right side of my stomach. Turns out I have a 4 mm kidney stone

CB9E9F4C-2622-44E6-938C-BC99C4E26F22.jpeg

5BD4E1E0-D2C9-45C7-A8D8-5F2CD5680A79.jpeg

Oh NO! Do take good care and wishing you a smooth recovery. Well, I guess it doesn't look too bad for hospital food? The tray bottom is pretty cool! ;]

Leftovers for early supper tonight. Just ate my salad, and nibbled on one strip of the Cuban style skirt steak + a roasted potato. Hubby ate half the food on buffet styled plate. He'll enjoy the rest for tomorrow's lunch. These chops with rosemary and garlic were really tasty! Now, I am contemplating making apricot chia pudding! ;]

IMG_4339.jpeg

IMG_4337.jpeg

Ok, it was a “Side Dish” feast at Casa SSS tonight! Had a bunch of foods that needed to be used up again!

Meal for me consisted of one lobster tail, one lobster claw, 1/2 a corn cob & maybe 1/4 cup-ish of Brussel Sprouts. Cleaned the plate! Am stuffed.

P.S. the fam LOVES sautéed onions. They can eat it by the bucketful. Im always annoyed with how much it looks like raw vs. how little it looks like after sautée-ing for an hour....

250853C8-7AF3-441A-A1ED-4F135297BE7F.jpeg.a6098d64fbc9c57c0b3023a3c7fe2ae9.jpeg

4EDCF013-C657-4834-8A54-E3F245AAE462.jpeg.96a3159d4c7513088e1f8cbf441fbf1f.jpeg

689A01BC-F5BA-4507-966A-1A12B2270825.jpeg.e7a3356d197a2f8aff3019f20914aead.jpeg

We splurged tonight, it is my husband’s 65th birthday! (I’m married to an official senior citizen)

I made his favorites: Prime ribeye, which I overcooked a bit, asparagus and mashed potatoes. He’s allergic to wheat so my youngest son and I made him Gluten Free banana bread. Normally sugary/bakery things are pretty good with alternative flours..Not this! I could have bounced it off the floor.

This meal was too dense for me so I didn’t eat much, I forgot how much I love mashed potatoes!

I made up for his rubber bread by using a tacky candle that plays Happy Birthday!

B359A594-E823-4281-A189-65CB0600CA99.jpeg

6362002B-A657-444F-8500-8C3BDE8C6635.jpeg

Thats one fancy candle!

Happy Birthday Mr. Cheeseburgh!!!

9 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Y'ouch!! Hope you are on the mend now! :)

@Sophie7713 your buffet and salad looks amazing! So yummy :D Fresh apricots are delicious if you get a good one, if they are floury not so nice, and if too green they are very sharp flavoured, but one that is just right... Oh Yeah!!!

@ms.sss Wowsers your lobsters and sides looks incredible! We sometimes buy the frozen Canadian lobster tails and they are scrummy.

@Cheeseburgh Your hubby's birthday meal looks lovely, the candle is hilarious!! :D haha, shame about the banana bread, the gooey-ness of the bananas probably weighed down the delicate GF flour quite a lot, not sure what you used, or if you have tried this... but I find 50% Almond flour 50% GF flour a better combination for banana bread when doing GF.

OK so today's lunch salad....

50gm Smoked Salmon with Avo, feta and leaves... super yummy, ate all of mine (smaller one at the back, foreground is hubby's)

approx 215 calories and carbs approx 5.3gm

So far this week of being very careful I have lost 3kg (6.61 lb) I know most is Water weight, but happy with it it's half of what I have put on since isolation.

smoked_salmon_salad.png

16 minutes ago, DaisyChainOz said:

Y'ouch!! Hope you are on the mend now! :)

@Sophie7713 your buffet and salad looks amazing! So yummy :D Fresh apricots are delicious if you get a good one, if they are floury not so nice, and if too green they are very sharp flavoured, but one that is just right... Oh Yeah!!!

@ms.sss Wowsers your lobsters and sides looks incredible! We sometimes buy the frozen Canadian lobster tails and they are scrummy.

@Cheeseburgh Your hubby's birthday meal looks lovely, the candle is hilarious!! :D haha, shame about the banana bread, the gooey-ness of the bananas probably weighed down the delicate GF flour quite a lot, not sure what you used, or if you have tried this... but I find 50% Almond flour 50% GF flour a better combination for banana bread when doing GF.

OK so today's lunch salad....

50gm Smoked Salmon with Avo, feta and leaves... super yummy, ate all of mine (smaller one at the back, foreground is hubby's)

approx 215 calories and carbs approx 5.3gm

So far this week of being very careful I have lost 3kg (6.61 lb) I know most is Water weight, but happy with it it's half of what I have put on since isolation.

smoked_salmon_salad.png

Ooohhhh that loooks so gooooood.

...just made a mental note to pick up some smoked salmon during tomorrow’s grocery run!

Yay on the weight loss!

P.S. I forget...do you have a date yet for ur surgery?