Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

nothing to do with any of the threads previously posted here.

Just need to vent...

I guess people take offense on some threads when an educated answer is given. I only offered the advise as I did go to college for 4 years to major on the subject..

:)

i guess you didnt tell them what they wanted to hear. happens quite often :)

Please share.. I'm a fairly decent cook, I think?? But for some reason when I try to cook from a recipe it somehow never works for me.. If I experiment cook, I can come up with some awesome sauces and dishes.. but from a recipe, forget it... funny hugh??
Here it is:

Ingredients:

13 x 9 baking pan (glass is best), sprayed with Pam

2 lbs lean ground beef

1 TBSP minced garlic

9 lasagna noodles

8-12 ounces of ricotta cheese (I use whole-milk ricotta)

1-1.5 cups parmesan cheese

4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

4 eggs

1/2 TBSP dried oregano

1 jar Bertolli Olive Oil and Garlic spaghetti sauce

1 jar Bertolli 5 Cheese spaghetti sauce

Directions:

• Preheat oven to 350.
  • Cook lasagna noodles until you can just barely pierce them with a fingernail.
  • Brown ground beef with garlic and drain off the grease. Combine with both jars of sauce.
  • Mix eggs and ricotta cheese together until smooth. Add oregano. Add a handful each of mozzarella and parmesan.
  • Lay 3 noodles on bottom of sprayed dish. Spoon 1/3 of sauce mixture evenly on the noodles, then spoon 1/2 of ricotta mixture on. Sprinkle on a handful each of mozzarella and parmesan.
  • Add another layer of 3 noodles. Spoon another 1/3 of the sauce and remaining ricotta onto the lasagna.
  • Add remaining noodles. Top with remaining sauce. Cover with remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
  • Bake for 45 minutes to an hour. I usually bake for an hour, because my family likes our lasagna to be rather dark.

Like I said, it is definitely NOT low calorie or low fat, but it's one of my family's favorite "sometime dishes."

laurend,

sounds yummmmmie!!!

does it fry well? :)

LOL, it probably would, but I think anyone eating it would probably have an instant heart attack from all the calories and cholesterol.

I am very aware that this is a "rant and rave" section and that things aren't supposed to be taken personally. That is a little difficult to do when so many people are saying things that are specific only to you.
to I can't stand glitter and images that are too large, all things that applied to my signature. That can't merely be coincidental.

I have to agree with what the others have said, you do seem to think it's about you, but it isn't. Hence:

Posted by me 1/31/07:

Pet peeve on the board - like 24 pt bright pink font in all caps. Or 8 pages' worth of scrolling signature line with a guest appearance by every emoticaon known to man.

POsted by me 10/19/2007, in answer to "who have you had enough of":

glitter_maker_10_19_2007_12_08_21_52522.gif

You joined 10/24/2007 so how exactly is it referring to you? Chill, don't be a victim, most everything we talk about in here has a much larger umbrella than the "non-regulars" know.

Thanks.. I will try making it and will let you know how it turned out.
No prob! I hope it turns out well. Don't be surprised if the juices run over in your oven a tad. You may want to put a layer of aluminum foil on the rack below it. Otherwise, your oven might smoke a little on the next use. :)

I guess people take offense on some threads when an educated answer is given.
I have an advanced degree in psychology, but I'm far from a psychologist. Clinical work never interested me, I just wanted the education, really, because I think it's a fascinating field. However, even thuogh I don't practice it, I do know more about it than your Average Joe. One time on a thread LONG ago people were suggesting a bunch of self help books to someone who was experiencing some mental dysfunction. I posted that I wasn't a fan of self help books, and instead recommended a book that would really tell you what's behind a mental condition (I think the person was wanting to know what the symptoms of smtg were).

OMG, you would have thought the others in the thread had disabled puppies that I tortured and molested.

One person in particular PMed me about how I didn't know what I was talking about, had I ever even taken a psychology class (uhh... no, I just "found" the MS), how dare I say self help books aren't worth a crap... and how this person was so offended that I disagreed with them.

SO Iresponded, trying to validate what I had said, and asking this person repeatedly to explain what I did that personally offended them.

In response I get something to the effect of "I'm not looking for an argument, and don't respond to me again. And don't ever post to me. And don't mention this post. And don't reply to me."

Ahhh, gotta love a person who wants to walk in, poke you in the eye, tell you not to poke back, and then runs away before you have a chance to react.

I'll say it for the third time in 24 hours, I LOVE YOU, Wheetsin!!!!
Ditto, ditto, ditto. (BTW, that was said to the "nah, nah, nah" of the goat Geico commercial.)

Eek.. I'm a newbie and I'm officially now scared to post on this board. LOL. You guys are lap band snobs... LOL. You've lost so much weight you think you can be mean to the newbs... I see how it is :-) But seriously, setting joking aside, I'm definitely gonna try really hard not to post stupid questions that will annoy everyone, and even though I have been researching the lap band for a long time and also wondered what the heck a PB is, now that I know where to go to look it up, I will do that and that question will never come out of my mouth, along with that slime question that was mentioned.

I've been on this forum since Oct and even though there are many people on here who are helpful you get a lot who are now so far up themselves, you'd think they one handedly invented this board and some who are downright nasty (suppressed anger from all the years of eating their emotions away). This place is for everyone to ask questions, stupid or not. Just like any other forum, you have people you get on with and people you don't. I suggest some of you think before you post and put people looking for help off.

Hi

Just wandering around the site reading and trying to figure out how to do this. Interesting! I am a newbie and have lots to learn. I know I'm coming in part way through existing threads and conversations but who is Ambyr?