Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I suggest some of you think before you post and put people looking for help off.
That's the beauty of it - for me anyway. I can come here and get something off my chest, turn right around and answer people's questions without batting an eye. There are some people this isn't true for, people who carry over grudges, but I think for the majority of the people here (who also contribute in the other fourms, we certainly have some RnRers who prefer to stay out of the other forums), this holds true -- that what we say here has NOTHING to do with whether or not we're willing to help someone, or answer a question.

Okay, I love your responses, but you know what I mean happy.gif
Oh damn. :)

:)

That's the beauty of it - for me anyway. I can come here and get something off my chest, turn right around and answer people's questions without batting an eye. There are some people this isn't true for, people who carry over grudges, but I think for the majority of the people here (who also contribute in the other fourms, we certainly have some RnRers who prefer to stay out of the other forums), this holds true -- that what we say here has NOTHING to do with whether or not we're willing to help someone, or answer a question.

People take it out of here and put it into the other forums which then starts something bigger than it should be. I came to this board to get help prior to my surgery and thought it was very helpful (except for some of the nasty comments I saw) and I don't want people to feel intimated when they first come on here... you could save someones life! I have had a great run with my band so far and don't need the support any more, so reading these nasty posts has me thinking it's time to move on.

If signatures make you so hormonal and angry, you have the option to not show them. Go to UserCP>Edit Options and uncheck the box for "Show Signatures." :) Then you don't have to discard a whole person because you find one part of their "persona" annoying. I'm going to guess you do this a lot in life.

and i know nymph is a Greek mythological character/female, but i guess whenever i see it, i see nymph-o ... and yes, that is just me, but this is RnR and the name combined with the pics/glittery crap just threw me over the edge. its not like i went into November 07's threads and trashed them (although i wanted to soooo much *see above hormone comment*)

This is my last post regarding this subject because it's time to move on and I am sick of feeling ganged up on.

Please read the above post. Go ahead and continue to tell me that I am self-centered and I think everything is about me. Is this not personal?! Would you honestly not take a comment like that personally?! This is why I have taken everything regarding this subject to heart.

Even though I am considered a "non-regular" or a newbie if you will, do I not have the right to defend my position and justify my feelings? I think the worst part of this is that I have been told that my feelings are not valid. I think sometimes it's easy to forget that there are people on the receiving end of comments that may not be intended to be harsh, but are.

If signatures make you so hormonal and angry, you have the option to not show them. Go to UserCP>Edit Options and uncheck the box for "Show Signatures." wink.gif Then you don't have to discard a whole person because you find one part of their "persona" annoying. I'm going to guess you do this a lot in life.
I'm not sure who you were addressing, but if it was me, I can't really ignore users or any part of a user's message - not through board functions anyway. I've never discarded a person here, even those I disagreed with most staunchly, I still supported and helped with their band issues.

I'm not sure who you were addressing, but if it was me, I can't really ignore users or any part of a user's message - not through board functions anyway. I've never discarded a person here, even those I disagreed with most staunchly, I still supported and helped with their band issues.

I am 99% sure it is me..

but I am like you I think. I can REALLY disagree with someone here in RnR, but on the rest of the board, I am able to respond fine without prejustice. **sigh** **shrug**

if someone wants to carry my comments outside of RnR, so be it..

Hi

Just wandering around the site reading and trying to figure out how to do this. Interesting! I am a newbie and have lots to learn. I know I'm coming in part way through existing threads and conversations but who is Ambyr?

Ambyr is Losingjusme's furbaby (dog) that she just lost a couple of weeks ago.

Oh FFS, I am the one who took this discussion out of RnR and posted all the comments in the thread Losingjusme posted that Tish had posted to. I did not do that to be snippy or rude or mean-spirited. I wanted to be certain that everyone had all of the comments to read in one place. I wasn't attacking anyone personally, I was merely trying (apparently unsuccessfully) to explain the points of view that sometimes folks do not understand naming the months, and some folks don't really like having the pages stretched with large sigs. That's all. And for me personally, I do like the larger sigs (as I've said), but perhaps only once per page. I enjoy reading people's weight history and I like seeing the photos of peoples' progress.

Like Wheetsin and others I do generally keep my more "snide" comments to RnR. I try not to be rude in other threads. Occasionally I'll admit, I will make comments to threads that have asked for the 300th time why lapband vs bypass or how to get the ticker in your sig or what PB means. There is a FAQ forum, many questions are answered there. But I know we are all in this together. I've said that time and again, and I mean it. Regardless of what is said here in RnR, we're here for each other. This is not a process to go through alone, and who better to understand it that someone else who has been there, done that, got the T-shirt?

This is my last post regarding this subject because it's time to move on and I am sick of feeling ganged up on.

Please read the above post. Go ahead and continue to tell me that I am self-centered and I think everything is about me. Is this not personal?! Would you honestly not take a comment like that personally?! This is why I have taken everything regarding this subject to heart.

Even though I am considered a "non-regular" or a newbie if you will, do I not have the right to defend my position and justify my feelings? I think the worst part of this is that I have been told that my feelings are not valid. I think sometimes it's easy to forget that there are people on the receiving end of comments that may not be intended to be harsh, but are.

IT IS THE INTERNET. Not everything you read or see if going to be addressed in a way that is acceptable for everyone. If you are looking for support, find it. But don't bash others just because they don't want to "lift you up". It's no ones job. I am a newbie as well and I take the information on this site that is beneficial to me and go own with my life. Why let what people you don't know say bother you? :angry

I'm in shock right now at how worked up people get over signatures. My only rant and rave is RELAX people. It's not the end of the world if you have to scroll down a LITTLE further and look at glitter. My signature may be long, but as a new bandster it brings me a little piece of happiness. The things that I and others choose to put on them and how we choose to do it (glitter, monthly name, etc.) clearly makes us feel good as we can show our individuality, progress and show support to our fellow monthly members with our group name. I prefer when people have a signature (the more detailed the better). It's easier to remember them next time and I get a better idea of who they are and how their journey is going. Maybe you can look at signatures in a positive light instead of getting worked up over them. If it helps one of your fellow bandsters in some small way, I think that's the most important thing.