Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I have resized my signature as so many of you have passive-aggressively suggested. All you had to do was tell me, "Your signature is too large." and I would have gladly changed it.

I am very aware that this is a "rant and rave" section and that things aren't supposed to be taken personally. That is a little difficult to do when so many people are saying things that are specific only to you. If someone has a problem with me, please call me out on it directly. Please don't insult my intelligence and belittle me with underhanded comments.

After reading this, if you decide that you must "ignore" me, all I can say is good luck with your weight loss. I truly wish success for you.

I don't care who you are, that right there is funny.

From a recent thread:

post_old.gif Yesterday, 10:56 AM #6 (permalink) faithmd

Red Green is my HERO!

marge11.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizF viewpost.gif

Hey Guys!

how do i put on the tickler?

If you mean a French Tickler, it gets rolled on over the glans of the male's organ...

Sorry, couldn't resist happy.gif

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

(When all else fails, play dead) H371/S327/C297.4

Small AP June 21st, 2007 by Dr. James Wagner @ Hurley in Flint, MI

I have resized my signature as so many of you have passive-aggressively suggested. All you had to do was tell me, "Your signature is too large." and I would have gladly changed it.

I am very aware that this is a "rant and rave" section and that things aren't supposed to be taken personally. That is a little difficult to do when so many people are saying things that are specific only to you. If someone has a problem with me, please call me out on it directly. Please don't insult my intelligence and belittle me with underhanded comments.

After reading this, if you decide that you must "ignore" me, all I can say is good luck with your weight loss. I truly wish success for you.

please take this in the nicest way possible, cause its not meant to be hurtful - at all...

it's not all about you though... you arent the only one who have/had a huge sig ... really.

:cool: I know, I don't really think ya'll are snobs.. I was just picking back from a "newb" point of view. And, actually after reading through this site for the last two days I have also seen the same questions asked over and over again, so I can imagine the frustration, but I think some new people just get so excited and nervous and they are eager to post and ask without searching around... But again, I'm just a newb with what, 7 posts or so. LOL. Some of ya'll have like 4,000 posts, so I can imagine the frustration of seeing the same crappola over and over again.. Oh, and I looked up PB and Slime. LOL. For a brief moment I actually believed Mark ( I think is his name) when he said it was President Bush.. now that is funny! :clap2:

Ya'll are some cool cats. Hopefully Once I get a few hundred posts under my belt I'll be part of the cool cats club too :-)

please take this in the nicest way possible, cause its not meant to be hurtful - at all...

it's not all about you though... you arent the only one who have/had a huge sig ... really.

And hers wasn't even that big, IMO. When we're talking about the huge signatures, we're talking about ones that fill the entire screen. One or two relatively small pictures doesn't matter to me. It's when the stupid sparkly thingies or pics fill the screen enough to distort the way the website loads (making you have to scroll to the side) that pisses me off.

Ya'll are some cool cats. Hopefully Once I get a few hundred posts under my belt I'll be part of the cool cats club too :-)

come on in ... although i dont think i should be considered one of the 'cool cats' cause im just a bitch who is bored at work...

And hers wasn't even that big, IMO. When we're talking about the huge signatures, we're talking about ones that fill the entire screen. One or two relatively small pictures doesn't matter to me. It's when the stupid sparkly thingies or pics fill the screen enough to distort the way the website loads (making you have to scroll to the side) that pisses me off.

i agree ... it wasnt as huge as they get for sure.... i like the fact that they did restrict the sig size to 10 lines, but people just typed a bunch of text and made it an image ...

and NO, this is not directed to anyone in particular - i've seen a few who did that... damn now i'm getting paranoid.

Why did you think it was you that people were talking about? I could name a dozen other people that have sigs a lot worse than yours. I could understand you being pissed if people were mentioning your name, but they didn't. If you've read this thread at all, you know that conversation randomly jumps from topic to topic. A topic being mentioned right after you post doesn't mean that it's focused towards you, okay?

Why did you think it was you that people were talking about? I could name a dozen other people that have sigs a lot worse than yours. I could understand you being pissed if people were mentioning your name, but they didn't. If you've read this thread at all, you know that conversation randomly jumps from topic to topic. A topic being mentioned right after you post doesn't mean that it's focused towards you, okay?

Laurend - dont ATTACK poor tish. it's all about her, dontcha know???

from here - http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f99/why-there-no-name-45012/#post626381

For the past few days I have been attacked regarding the name "November Nymphs" and glitter/images in the signature being too large...and being used at all, for that matter. I just thought you guys might want to read it. I'm curious to see what your comments are.

The tirades begin on the middle of page 35.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f80/i-hate-when-people-post-just-post-44270/index35.html

:cool:

BTW, Tish (yes, this one is directed to you)

"LBT Rants and Raves *** Off-Topic DEBATE AREA *** Want debate? Get it here. Gripe, complain, moan, fight, rant and rave. Enter at your own risk!"

size emphasis mine.

come on in ... although i dont think i should be considered one of the 'cool cats' cause im just a bitch who is bored at work...

You seem cool to me! and you are not a bitch.. Hey, you are actually replying to me.. a newby! Does this mean you are a wannabe bitch? LOL Or a fake bitch? wait, that didn't seem right. :paranoid A non bitch person who is pretending to be a bitch.. ok, that sounds better.

I do feel a little odd replying in this post considering this is sort of a place for all the cool cats to post and I'm more like a wussy kitten.. :cool:

You seem cool to me! and you are not a bitch.. Hey, you are actually replying to me.. a newby! Does this mean you are a wannabe bitch? LOL Or a fake bitch? wait, that didn't seem right. :paranoid A non bitch person who is pretending to be a bitch.. ok, that sounds better.

I do feel a little odd replying in this post considering this is sort of a place for all the cool cats to post and I'm more like a wussy kitten.. :cool:

No, cool newbies are awesome! And you definitely seem cool! :) :clap2:

I wholeheartedly agree....the ones that make me craziest are the ones that go for 12 FEET OFF THE DAMN SCREEN, and you have to keep scrolling back and forth, back and forth just to read the post! THAT makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

If you've never come across one of THOSE, consider yourself very lucky.

Tish, come on, it REALLY isn't all about you! Really. Do not take it personally, as was said over and over, yours was NOT the largest nor most annoying sig we've seen. Some time ago (long before you were here) the size of the sigs was changed, allowing for a much smaller sig than what we even see now. Yes, they were once much BIGGER. Hard to believe, huh? They were limited to a smaller size because it was cumbersome and annoying to have to wait for them to load and to scroll off the page to read that text of the threads because once a screen gets stretched, the rest of that page of the thread is stretched. For an example, look at the Before and After Pix thread.

You are also not the first group to name your month, so again, please don't take it personally. There are Shrinking Violets (April) and May Flowers and many others. I am a June 2007 bandster and though I know we have a name, I'll be damned if I can remember what it is. But that's me. Some people find comfort and good support by being a part of a group with a strong identity.

No, cool newbies are awesome! And you definitely seem cool! :cool: :clap2:

Thank thee m'lady!! I swear to thee that I will try to keep my "coolness" at all times and resort to the forums to get answers to silly questions I may have, especially about weird poops, slimey things, insurance questions that have been asked many times and things of this nature :)