Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Here you go! :P

Yuck. Never been a fan of the twinkie.

Yuck. Never been a fan of the twinkie.
Neither am I. They're NASTY, with a horrid chemical flavor. But then again, I'm more sensitive to a lot of flavors than a lot of people are.

Neither am I. They're NASTY, with a horrid chemical flavor. But then again, I'm more sensitive to a lot of flavors than a lot of people are.

Who wants to eat something that taste like you just stuck a kitchen sponge in your mouth. :speechles

sorry ... i just dont get why someone would want to be called a Nymph(o) ..?????

how does that relate to the band?

The person who came up with the name was looking at it from the perspective of Greek mythology; as in a beautiful, female divinity often depicting fertility and the creative aspects of nature. A nymph is also an insect in the chrysalis stage. Both definitions are fitting in relation to the band in that we, as "November Nymphs," are beautiful, strong women in the cocoon phase of development. With the aid of this tool, we will be able to develop into the goddess-like creatures that we are on the inside.

The sexual connotation is derived from the depiction of mythological nymphs as having complete control over their sexual nature and fornicating with men at their own will. This is contrary to the historical view of women lacking sexual tendencies and urges, and merely being at the disposal of men's carnal needs.

In modern times, the idea of "woman as sexual-being" has been further perverted and deemed as negative. Hence the term "nymphomaniac" was coined in order to describe a person, usually female, as hyper-sexual. It plays into the societal stigma of a sexual woman as evil and wrong, and the chaste woman as ideal and virtuous.

If people on this board have the misconception that I am some sort of over-sexed slut due to a monthly group name, then so be it. I don't have the power to sway someone's opinion, especially via the Internet. I've already been shunned by society for my physical appearance, so what if a few people who are simply black and white patterns on a computer screen ostracize me as well.

No wonder it tastes like crap!

Well, I certainly didn't mean to offend, and I could care less about what the name IS, I just don't get the whole idea of naming ourselves, like we're part of some sort of club.

Please, don't anyone take it personally.

It is rants and raves, after all, right?

Oh, but I do have to add, I DO love the artwork, though. :cool:

It is rants and raves, after all, right?

Yup. :ranger:

We never had any kind of name other than Dec bansters.

I prefer chocolate brownies over twinkies. I am getting another fill

in the middle of Dec. Hopefully, I won't be able to eat whatever I want and loosing and gaining the same 3 lbs over and over.

Sooo before the band...I ate a Fried Twinkie. Like eating a twinkie wasn't bad enough, I had to have a FRIED one. I could just feel my arteries clogging as I was eating it.

Sooo before the band...I ate a Fried Twinkie. Like eating a twinkie wasn't bad enough, I had to have a FRIED one. I could just feel my arteries clogging as I was eating it.

Couldn't bring myself to eat either. But at my child's ball games they serve those and fried snickers. Now I LOVE LOVE LOVE snickers and just the thought of shoving a fried one down my throat sounds delightful therefore I have steared clear of the concession stand.

Good Pippin...stay far, far, away! I wish I had the willpower back then. Probably wouldn't have needed the band then, lol. No way anyone should be eating those and whoever created that probably has a side business for diet pills or something.

I don't understand why any of the months feel the need to name themselves.....I mean there isn't anything wrong with it, but I just don't get it...
You know, I don't even notice the naming. If ppl like it, they like it. What does bug me just a bit is that people have to put huge ginormous sparkly things, pictures, text, etc. advertising their month's name in their signatures. It's just as bad as when people used to put 30 limes of text, so literally a whole page OR MORE is just their signature, and none of it matters. Is anyone's signature so important that it needs to be that prominent? Why does this bother me? Because I run at 1680 resolution, meaning an awful lot of stuff should fit on my screen, but I STILL have to scroll down to see more than part of one reply because of all the clutter in the signature.

I mean - really - as if we can't see things unless they're like 20 inches high. (It's not just the month names, it's the people names, avatars, etc. that people do in these obnoxious ways. Come on. The glitter stuff isn't even pretty, it's the online equivalent of blue eyeshadow with pink pearl lipstick.)

It's the same thing when you're on a board that doesn't limit avatar size, and someone wants to use a 500x500 avatar picture, so you're scrolling along just fine and all of a sudden you have to go way to the right just to see the person's message ( = you're not getting a reply from a lot of ppl).

From a usability perspective, this is like nails on a chalkboard.

You know, I don't even notice the naming. If ppl like it, they like it. What does bug me just a bit is that people have to put huge ginormous sparkly things, pictures, text, etc. advertising their month's name in their signatures. It's just as bad as when people used to put 30 limes of text, so literally a whole page OR MORE is just their signature, and none of it matters. Is anyone's signature so important that it needs to be that prominent? Why does this bother me? Because I run at 1680 resolution, meaning an awful lot of stuff should fit on my screen, but I STILL have to scroll down to see more than part of one reply because of all the clutter in the signature.

I mean - really - as if we can't see things unless they're like 20 inches high. (It's not just the month names, it's the people names, avatars, etc. that people do in these obnoxious ways. Come on. The glitter stuff isn't even pretty, it's the online equivalent of blue eyeshadow with pink pearl lipstick.)

It's the same thing when you're on a board that doesn't limit avatar size, and someone wants to use a 500x500 avatar picture, so you're scrolling along just fine and all of a sudden you have to go way to the right just to see the person's message ( = you're not getting a reply from a lot of ppl).

From a usability perspective, this is like nails on a chalkboard.

Word.

By the way, how do you resize pics? I've never figured it out (or if I have, I've forgotten).