Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories



Recommended Posts

I wore a wrap dress today, and two things were notable:
1) the wrap now fits me so completely that I don’t have to pin the bodice and I also don’t have to worry about gusts of wind - if the first panel flies up, the second one wraps all the way to my hip and has me covered
2) I completely forgot about wearing anything on my thighs, so when I hit the street and felt how muggy it was my heart sank, imagining friction burns on my inner thighs by day’s end. But after 2 miles of walking? NOTHING. even with the extra skin, NO CHAFING AT ALL.
Congratulations!!!!!!![emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji106][emoji106][emoji169]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, sideeye said:

2) I completely forgot about wearing anything on my thighs, so when I hit the street and felt how muggy it was my heart sank, imagining friction burns on my inner thighs by day’s end. But after 2 miles of walking? NOTHING. even with the extra skin, NO CHAFING AT ALL.

Cheers to Thigh Gaps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news is:

My boobs have shrunk so much that I can go bra-less quite comfortably.

The bad news is:

My boobs have shrunk so much that I can go bra-less quite comfortably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sideeye Wooohooo! Congrats on NoMOChafing! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pumped! I completed my first 5K race yesterday. I ran the whole course and felt great! I was so emotional when I crossed the finish line. I've always wanted to run but I was hindered by my weight. Along with hip, knee and foot pain. WLS is the best thing that has happened to me. My ultimate goal is to run a marathon. I can't wait!👏:1516_runner_tone2::1517_runner_tone3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, DeeberLee said:

I am pumped! I completed my first 5K race yesterday. I ran the whole course and felt great! I was so emotional when I crossed the finish line. I've always wanted to run but I was hindered by my weight. Along with hip, knee and foot pain. WLS is the best thing that has happened to me. My ultimate goal is to run a marathon. I can't wait!👏:1516_runner_tone2::1517_runner_tone3:

So jazzed for you :).

Run, @DeeberLee, Run!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news is:
My boobs have shrunk so much that I can go bra-less quite comfortably.
The bad news is:
My boobs have shrunk so much that I can go bra-less quite comfortably.
Lol!!!! Can't lose for winning!!![emoji122][emoji112]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pumped! I completed my first 5K race yesterday. I ran the whole course and felt great! I was so emotional when I crossed the finish line. I've always wanted to run but I was hindered by my weight. Along with hip, knee and foot pain. WLS is the best thing that has happened to me. My ultimate goal is to run a marathon. I can't wait![emoji122]:1516_runner_tone2::1517_runner_tone3:
[emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji253][emoji253][emoji253][emoji253][emoji253] Congratulations!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had two pairs of jeggings I ordered online and when they arrived were way too tight so I hung them at the back of the closet. My regularly worn jeggings have become increasingly loose so I pulled the new jeggings out and they fit perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pumped! I completed my first 5K race yesterday. I ran the whole course and felt great! I was so emotional when I crossed the finish line. I've always wanted to run but I was hindered by my weight. Along with hip, knee and foot pain. WLS is the best thing that has happened to me. My ultimate goal is to run a marathon. I can't wait![emoji122]:1516_runner_tone2::1517_runner_tone3:
Congratulations! What a great accomplishment!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/22/2019 at 9:55 PM, sideeye said:

I wore a wrap dress today, and two things were notable:

1) the wrap now fits me so completely that I don’t have to pin the bodice and I also don’t have to worry about gusts of wind - if the first panel flies up, the second one wraps all the way to my hip and has me covered

2) I completely forgot about wearing anything on my thighs, so when I hit the street and felt how muggy it was my heart sank, imagining friction burns on my inner thighs by day’s end. But after 2 miles of walking? NOTHING. even with the extra skin, NO CHAFING AT ALL.

The lack of chafing is one of my favorite parts of having lost all this weight. This is my first summer with thighs that graze instead of constantly rubbing, and it's been incredible - no more heat rash, no more discomfort from sweat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MegPRN said:

The lack of chafing is one of my favorite parts of having lost all this weight. This is my first summer with thighs that graze instead of constantly rubbing, and it's been incredible - no more heat rash, no more discomfort from sweat.

Yes! I don't have a thigh gap, but my thighs no longer rub.

What am I going to do with all the Body Glide I own now? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 10 months post surgery and had been getting frustrated with how slow the progress on the scale had been lately. My husband's employer sends us to Cedar Point every summer (which was not exactly the happiest place for me to be pre-surgery). This year I knew would be better as I have lost over 90 lbs but I was ecstatic to find out I could comfortably fit into the Calvin Klein Jean's my daughter bought me in January. So this past Saturday, I felt like a kid, wore my size 10s and rode every ride we could without having to take the walk of shame off a single one! We had so much fun my husband bought us season passes for next year! I cant thank this community enough for being there to support me and encourage me. Without that, I am sure I would never have made it this far.

FB_IMG_1566928730587.jpg

inCollage_20190823_225248589.jpg

IMG_5696.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hot Girl Summer isnt over yet 😂

I am being approached/hit on/pursued constantly these last few months but I'm dodging them left and right

1627855_giphy(9).gif.a75e25f85086bb241176f94ddaccc5cf.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The vacation boo vacation has commenced. We have left the house briefly, mainly for food, over the last 2 days. I am using him as a cheat food vehicle - he orders a chocolate shake, I get some of it. We order a sub and he eats 4/5ths. He is a willing participant in this scheme.

This is excellent.

Edited by sideeye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×