Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

On 8/31/2019 at 1:27 AM, samusaurusrex said:

belly doesn't rub my steering wheel anymore, there is in fact some space. ... can walk for greater lengths of time without pain or being tired! ... I'm down clothing sizes and no longer wear "tight" 2x's lol

Ditto all those ...

My lower abdomen rubbed the lower edge of the steering wheel for many years. VSG 23 months ago. It took all of four months for the space to appear.

My arse ('ass' for American readers) eventually shrank so much that I actually had to move the driver's seat well forward (about 7 of the 15 notches) ... and still I am 200mm-250mm (8"-10") away from the steering-wheel.

My knees are crap but I swim daily for exercise. 20 laps of the (25 metre) pool used to take about 65-70 minutes of wading and padding when I started in 2015.

Last Sunday (25th August), I timed myself ... 130 laps (2.05 miles or 3.25km) of breaststroke in 161 minutes.

I've gone from 9XL, 8XL and 7XL tops/shirts in various brands to 3XL & 2XL.

Down to 117cm (44") jeans/slacks already but on a plateau because of excess hard flab that exercise is not now shifting. Living on 1650-1850 calories a day.

After my apronectomy (due in the next 5-8 months), I expect to wear size 40" (102cm) pants then lower myself to 36" (92cm) in time.

Thanks for sharing your achievements.

I have dropped about 1.5kg (3.3lbs) since March but have not updated the signature JPEG.

Edited by Rainbow_Warrior
Info add

On 8/31/2019 at 3:26 AM, ValerieInMexico said:

I bought a bike about two months ago, and my big goal was to have enough confidence to go on long bike rides alone. I was too nervous.

I bought my cruiser bike in late January and built up slow and steady for almost two weeks ... 15 minutes out, then 20, and 30, and soon 45.

Then on the coolest summer Sunday in February, I rode west out of town and took 57 minutes to reach the roadhouse near the main freeway. (16km or 10miles). I drank some of my Water and most of a 600mL Coke Zero .

Time away from home? A few minutes shy of three hours. I took a two week break from rides over 50 minutes before trying again.

Fortunately for me (and the other 230000 residents) the city council has an extensive cycleway-Greenway network so I try out lots of places these days.

Cheers to your preparation and practice.

So, I was trying on my rings (all are far too big now, even with my ring sizers on) and realized my high school class ring fits (and I’ve been out of high school for well over half my life). It hasn’t fit since I graduated college. I think my fingers have lost more weight than the rest of my body - I definitely couldn’t wear any clothes I wore in HS. 🤣

Today I wore my shirt tucked in for the first time in my life.

Congratulations! That has been one of my favorite NSV.

On 12/27/2017 at 4:39 PM, Losebig said:

Recent (12/12), but down 30 though not focusing on it. Pants are falling off. I've got a lot of clothes that didn't fit in my closet and now they do so I've suddenly got a wide selection of clothes. I've noticed a bit less back pain too

Less back pain!! I have incredible back pain, and have been trying to lose this weight, on my own, for what feels like EVER! Exercising is hard because I am 1) out of shape, 2) in constant pain and 3) sometimes don't have the energy to get dressed let alone haul my bulky behind to the left, to the right, ok, jump now! Um, no. Let's not! LOL :P Physical therapy just about kills me, and I hate that my stomach gets in the way! I know for a fact, getting some of this weight of the front will help my poor spine immensely! Congrats on feeling better, and... having more clothes. I have a box that has been through 5 moves that have some of my favorite things! I love knowing I will wear them again someday! My husband laughs at my refusal to ditch them every move. He ain't laughing now, boy! LOL He is as excited as I am for this surgery! We know it will be life changing for both of us (I am watching his food like a hawk these days! LOL), I can't wait to not be too tired and in too much pain to go anywhere or do anything! I can take the tired, and I can take the pain, but the 2 of them have been sucking the life out of me... literally! :unsure:

5 hours ago, BeJimmietum said:

I was originally meaning the Biomek Scripting Kit, but the Silas Developers Kit would help you too. The latter would actually end up working better for you.

Cut and paste gone wrong? :)

I'm 3 months post op.

My best NSV is that I have been cleaning my Amazon shopping/ wish lists and I was able to take all of the plus sized clothed off of my wish list. I have also been blessed to have cleaned out my closet twice. Now, I'm running out of stuff to wear and am apprehensive about buying more. ❤️

But Good Apprehension, Right? And Fazzini Bee- It gets Better and. Better- I tell you this from my esteemed perch of 1 year Past- the Good Things Are Not Over! 😜👍😛

6 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

But Good Apprehension, Right? And Fazzini Bee- It gets Better and. Better- I tell you this from my esteemed perch of 1 year Past- the Good Things Are Not Over! 😜👍😛

Thanks for the optimism. I can remember when I first got home from the hospital and basically the first month when I was worried the surgery didn't work. And now I have a fear that any day now I'll be done losing. I'm 30lbs till ultimate goal. And 3 lbs from my "first" goal. I set my goals in increments!

8 minutes ago, Fazzini Bee said:

I have also been blessed to have cleaned out my closet twice. Now, I'm running out of stuff to wear and am apprehensive about buying more. ❤️

Great feeling, eh?

I am 23 months post-surgery.

15 months ago, I took 19 bags of clothes (9XL, 8XL, 7XL, 6XL, 5XL and 4XL) to the charity shop to help needy people who were big plus sizes.

Currently around XL or 2XL depending on brand and fit ... so contemplating when to get rid of a few remaining 4XL and 3XL garments.

I keep the track pant bottoms as I can slip them on for the pool or the gym despite their bagginess but I not how much the "swim" on my smaller body now!

5 minutes ago, Rainbow_Warrior said:

Great feeling, eh?

I am 23 months post-surgery.

15 months ago, I took 19 bags of clothes (9XL, 8XL, 7XL, 6XL, 5XL and 4XL) to the charity shop to help needy people who were big plus sizes.

Currently around XL or 2XL depending on brand and fit ... so contemplating when to get rid of a few remaining 4XL and 3XL garments.

I keep the track pant bottoms as I can slip them on for the pool or the gym despite their bagginess but I not how much the "swim" on my smaller body now!

Wow! That's some progress!!! I'm stunned! So happy for you!

Rainbow Warrior- it's Great to Hear from YOU once again. You were one of my Inspirations when I started on Bariatric Pal- and now I am 1/2 the size I once was , if my calculations and equivalents are correct I am 4 kg from my GOAL at 5 days past my One Year anniversary- thank you for making this scared lady believe She Also Could Do This- and I DID! I am at X-Large going into a straight L and I am now the Junior Sized person I was at High School Graduation 56 and 1/2 years ago! SO Celebrate the Re- Birth of "Frustr8 "although I started with the Pen Name of "kkatlady"😝, it's still ME through it All!

It’s the little things that bring joy sometimes. I’m able to zip up my knee high boots. I bought a pair of over the knee boots and wear them with my pants tucked inside them. Best of all I can wear my 4 inch heels again without the balls of my feet burning after 5 minutes. My rings fit me - so glad I didn’t get them made bigger. It’s a breeze to shave my legs in the shower - no stomach in the way. My old timber floor doesn’t creak as much. When I say I have nothing to wear it’s because my clothes are too big not too small.

Tomorrow is my 2 month post op and I was able to run 5K! I can’t believe I did it!

This is kinda gross - content warning, toenails!! 😂

At my biggest, I had to get pedicures to trim my toenails. If I tried to do it myself, I'd be out of breath and sweating from trying to stretch down and reach. This past weekend, without even thinking about it, I grabbed the clippers and took care of it. I could probably even paint my own toenails at this point, which I've not been able to do since (probably) middle school (age 12?). Imma still get pedicures though 😝