Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

On 12/27/2017 at 4:39 PM, Losebig said:

Recent (12/12), but down 30 though not focusing on it. Pants are falling off. I've got a lot of clothes that didn't fit in my closet and now they do so I've suddenly got a wide selection of clothes. I've noticed a bit less back pain too

Less back pain!! I have incredible back pain, and have been trying to lose this weight, on my own, for what feels like EVER! Exercising is hard because I am 1) out of shape, 2) in constant pain and 3) sometimes don't have the energy to get dressed let alone haul my bulky behind to the left, to the right, ok, jump now! Um, no. Let's not! LOL :P Physical therapy just about kills me, and I hate that my stomach gets in the way! I know for a fact, getting some of this weight of the front will help my poor spine immensely! Congrats on feeling better, and... having more clothes. I have a box that has been through 5 moves that have some of my favorite things! I love knowing I will wear them again someday! My husband laughs at my refusal to ditch them every move. He ain't laughing now, boy! LOL He is as excited as I am for this surgery! We know it will be life changing for both of us (I am watching his food like a hawk these days! LOL), I can't wait to not be too tired and in too much pain to go anywhere or do anything! I can take the tired, and I can take the pain, but the 2 of them have been sucking the life out of me... literally! :unsure:

5 hours ago, BeJimmietum said:

I was originally meaning the Biomek Scripting Kit, but the Silas Developers Kit would help you too. The latter would actually end up working better for you.

Cut and paste gone wrong? :)

I'm 3 months post op.

My best NSV is that I have been cleaning my Amazon shopping/ wish lists and I was able to take all of the plus sized clothed off of my wish list. I have also been blessed to have cleaned out my closet twice. Now, I'm running out of stuff to wear and am apprehensive about buying more. ❤️

But Good Apprehension, Right? And Fazzini Bee- It gets Better and. Better- I tell you this from my esteemed perch of 1 year Past- the Good Things Are Not Over! 😜👍😛

6 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

But Good Apprehension, Right? And Fazzini Bee- It gets Better and. Better- I tell you this from my esteemed perch of 1 year Past- the Good Things Are Not Over! 😜👍😛

Thanks for the optimism. I can remember when I first got home from the hospital and basically the first month when I was worried the surgery didn't work. And now I have a fear that any day now I'll be done losing. I'm 30lbs till ultimate goal. And 3 lbs from my "first" goal. I set my goals in increments!

8 minutes ago, Fazzini Bee said:

I have also been blessed to have cleaned out my closet twice. Now, I'm running out of stuff to wear and am apprehensive about buying more. ❤️

Great feeling, eh?

I am 23 months post-surgery.

15 months ago, I took 19 bags of clothes (9XL, 8XL, 7XL, 6XL, 5XL and 4XL) to the charity shop to help needy people who were big plus sizes.

Currently around XL or 2XL depending on brand and fit ... so contemplating when to get rid of a few remaining 4XL and 3XL garments.

I keep the track pant bottoms as I can slip them on for the pool or the gym despite their bagginess but I not how much the "swim" on my smaller body now!

5 minutes ago, Rainbow_Warrior said:

Great feeling, eh?

I am 23 months post-surgery.

15 months ago, I took 19 bags of clothes (9XL, 8XL, 7XL, 6XL, 5XL and 4XL) to the charity shop to help needy people who were big plus sizes.

Currently around XL or 2XL depending on brand and fit ... so contemplating when to get rid of a few remaining 4XL and 3XL garments.

I keep the track pant bottoms as I can slip them on for the pool or the gym despite their bagginess but I not how much the "swim" on my smaller body now!

Wow! That's some progress!!! I'm stunned! So happy for you!

Rainbow Warrior- it's Great to Hear from YOU once again. You were one of my Inspirations when I started on Bariatric Pal- and now I am 1/2 the size I once was , if my calculations and equivalents are correct I am 4 kg from my GOAL at 5 days past my One Year anniversary- thank you for making this scared lady believe She Also Could Do This- and I DID! I am at X-Large going into a straight L and I am now the Junior Sized person I was at High School Graduation 56 and 1/2 years ago! SO Celebrate the Re- Birth of "Frustr8 "although I started with the Pen Name of "kkatlady"😝, it's still ME through it All!

It’s the little things that bring joy sometimes. I’m able to zip up my knee high boots. I bought a pair of over the knee boots and wear them with my pants tucked inside them. Best of all I can wear my 4 inch heels again without the balls of my feet burning after 5 minutes. My rings fit me - so glad I didn’t get them made bigger. It’s a breeze to shave my legs in the shower - no stomach in the way. My old timber floor doesn’t creak as much. When I say I have nothing to wear it’s because my clothes are too big not too small.

Tomorrow is my 2 month post op and I was able to run 5K! I can’t believe I did it!

This is kinda gross - content warning, toenails!! 😂

At my biggest, I had to get pedicures to trim my toenails. If I tried to do it myself, I'd be out of breath and sweating from trying to stretch down and reach. This past weekend, without even thinking about it, I grabbed the clippers and took care of it. I could probably even paint my own toenails at this point, which I've not been able to do since (probably) middle school (age 12?). Imma still get pedicures though 😝

I cried the first time I was able to go in a regular size bathroom stall I didn't have to use a handicap stall.

I cried again when I could bend over sitting down on a chair to tie my shoelaces.

I think there was more but those are the biggest ones that I remember.