Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

On 5/11/2019 at 12:20 PM, MeanSleevedMachine said:

I went for my one year follow up on May 9. I was quite proud of this one which is a non-scale victory.

I was 44.7% body fat in May of 2018. At my visit on Thursday they tested my body fat again and I was 17.1% body fat.

I am also off every single medication now.

It is amazing how great this year has been.

CONGRATS!!! You're obviously working the plan! Keep it up, it's worth it.

I also got to stop all meds (4 for diabetes including 2 insulins, & GERD meds) as well as the CPAP machine!

I now walk 2-5 miles a day and lift weights 3 days/week. Being thin feels so much better than food tastes!!

I can clasp my hands behind my back. And although I was still the biggest person on my travel tour, I wasn't the slowest or the least fit. I kept up with the tour guide, climbed over ruins, and hiked up hills with ease. I'm starting to see muscle definition again and my shoes feel too big. The weight loss is slowing down, but I'm still seeing wonderful changes.

I added a weights machine circuit to my fitness routine a couple months ago. I’ve noticed that I can do more reps and lift heavier weights on each machine now compared to a couple months ago.

My waist is now smaller than my right thigh was 7 months ago.

I recently flew for the first time since surgery, which was 2 months ago. Last night, my first flight was delayed, so if course, it forced me to walk as fast as possible to catch my connecting flight. When I made it to the gate, I noticed I wasn't nearly as winded as I was when I had to do the same thing in January (or all of 2018). I also noticed that walking up inclines at the airport felt like a normal walk and not like a fight for life.

I love boots so congrats on that!!!! I’m hoping my boots (wide calf) will fit better soon. I can get them zipped but it’s like compression socks.

Yessss I have thick calves anyways then being fat made it impossible to find boots I paid good money for extra wide calf boots and still couldn't wear them pre-surgery.. NOW I can!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm 2 1/2 years post op & my NSVs are clothes for sure, able to wear calf boots (before even extra wide calf didn't fit), recently was able to go on a cruise to the Bahamas that we flew to AND went snorkeling with my sons while there!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 5/11/2019 at 5:15 AM, Beachyfe said:

I'm 9 months post sleeve surgery and have been on a cruise around the world for 3.5 months so far (is for 6 months total). I had to buy an ENTIRE new wardrobe before leaving (expensive but fun)...but what's really fun is being able to buy clothes in Asia where the women are so small. I used to wear a 2XL but now wear a medium! And I still have 15# to lose in order to be at my goal...hoping I'll be in a small then! Here are before and after pics....

20150423_171021.jpg

20190311_110606.jpg

20190205_135530.jpg

Your weightloss is phenomenonal

But that cruise... Tell us more!!!

On 5/17/2019 at 5:43 PM, sillykitty said:

I walk faster than the Google Maps estimates

😉🙌👌🔥🏆💝

Strangely (to me!), I now don’t feel right unless I’ve gotten exercise! Went for a 4K run yesterday and felt so much better after! Lifting more in the gym now than pre-op - have gotten past the initial muscle loss. 1 year post-op and NO REGRETS!

4 hours ago, elmatador said:

Strangely (to me!), I now don’t feel right unless I’ve gotten exercise!

Me too!

Yay, us!

I've been too fat for jeans for many years. All my coworkers loved jeans days, I hated them. Well now I can wear jeans! I was in a very uncomfortable 32 pants size, now it's not just jeans that I can wear but I have to get Super Skinny jeans in a loose size 20! Bring on those jean days!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Others have mentioned this, but I finally am under the fictitious weight I put on my driver's license. 12 pounds under.

Airline seatbelt is fastened and this was... extra?!?... I had to fight the urge to announce it to everyone around me on the plane! instead discreetly took a pic to share with you all... 😊

image-0.0100135803222656.jpg