Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Carrie

Yes it was fantastic news emailed frederik to book the date decided to go with the package, but wonderin about which is closest airport to fly too comes up with three when i put brussels in anyone have any ideas

juliex

well done on getting the cash, on the airport thing i would only go to international but thats my personal view because its very short drive from hotel, it will be dearer tho.

gx

well done on getting the cash, on the airport thing i would only go to international but thats my personal view because its very short drive from hotel, it will be dearer tho.

gx

Hi garry

I eventually found out lol im a bit thick dont travel much so all strange to me lol, I'm so excited now paying deposit tomorrow, and fred emailed to say im on the list for the 20th, still cant believe its happenin and without havin to do all those bank shifts:smile2: taken a big weight off me and able to take deal and pay extra for flights without having to save so much before going

the skinny me cant wait to be set free

julie x

JulieRoddy,

Brussels airport (code BRU) is by far the nearest. The one used by Ryanair (Charleroi) is about 60 mins away (ususal Ryn con).

If you want help with logistics send me a PM (or ask here), I used to work near Brussels airport for a few years, so might be able to help.

Jane (my wife) should be arriving about now for the op tomorrow)

jon

JulieRoddy,

Brussels airport (code BRU) is by far the nearest. The one used by Ryanair (Charleroi) is about 60 mins away (ususal Ryn con).

If you want help with logistics send me a PM (or ask here), I used to work near Brussels airport for a few years, so might be able to help.

jon

Hi Jon

Thanks for that, just booked my flights been to bank and transfered the deposit, so it's all seeming very real now i cant wait, I hope all goes well with your wife i'd love to be updated of how it all goes as you get news, i know i'll be a nervous wreck the week before, i bet she's been the same and as i suppose you are being so far away but it will all be worth it in the end i wish her lots of luck for tomorrow

Julie x

JulieRoddy,

jon

Hi Jon, We arrived all in one piece. Jane is very calm. Met up with her on the Eurostar. She has gone out to check out where the hospital is. I am shattered only had 3.5 hours sleep last night. Just had loads going through my head.

All,s well now. I'm sure Jane will keep you posted

Baarbs,

Typical, I hear more from you on the forum than from her (all I got so far is a txt saying 'Arrived').

Best wishes for tomorrow.

jon

Hi Jon, We arrived all in one piece. Jane is very calm. Met up with her on the Eurostar. She has gone out to check out where the hospital is. I am shattered only had 3.5 hours sleep last night. Just had loads going through my head.

All,s well now. I'm sure Jane will keep you posted

Hi baarbs

Good luck to you and all the other ladies having surgery tomorrow, cant wait till it's my turn lol keep us updated there will be no looking back after tomorrow

julie xx

Good Luck for Tuesday Lill

Thanks a million, best of luck for 2moro it'll be over before you know it. Wish Tuesday was over myself and I'm only having my port replaced!

Good luck to everyone else for 2moro

Hi all, a belated Happy New Year to you. I havent been on this post for ages!! I went on a trip to Oz for 6 weeks, my mum has been really poorly and then I started my new job, my first job since qualifying as a staff nurse..I am on a acute medical receiving unit so it is hectic and terrifying!!

I was banded 23/9/09 and have had just one fill approx 4 weeks later. I initially lost 2 stone and thankfully have not put on anything whilst in Oz or over Christmas which is great. I missed a fill in December due to not being able to get time off work. I tried to find a nurse at the hospital to do it for me but we wre not able to obtain a Hubor (non coring needle) which you seemingly need so I have an appointment for Glasgow next week. In the last month or so I have terrible trouble with eating...It feels like it gets stuck and then this almightly pain radiates across my chest..I cannot throw anything up and have to wait approx 10minutes or so minimum for the pain to disperse. Went to my doctor today who has prescribed me Fas Tabs saying it is acid reflux "heartburn" but to those I have spoken with who have experienced heartburn they say the pain comes up the way and not down to the gut like mine...anyway will try the tabs and see if they help. Can anyone give me info??? This happens with even mushy foods. My doctor said to me today when i saw her for the first time since just after I was banded "Oh Debby I thought you would be a skinny minnie by now" feel kind of disheartened after that :thumbup::sad:

Will head off now and put the wee one to bed. Good luck to everyone being banded in the near future.

Poor Baarbs, I know exactly how you felt, your head is cabbaged, anyway hope its all over for you now girlies and that you'll all be back home and losing soon.

Hi all,

I've read the last few pages of posts on this forum. I just thought I'd introduce myself to you all.

I've struggled with my weight all of my adult life and considered surgery a few years ago. I decided to give conventional methods of weight loss more of a chance as I simply could not afford the surgery. Needless to say I FAILED as usual! I've finally plucked up the courage to go for it (though I still can't really afford it, but I console myself with how much less money I'll be spending on food afterwards!)

Now have made my mind up, I'm hoping that Dr Chris can do the surgery mid February, I don't hang about!

I've just emailed him and I'm hoping for a quick response. Is anyone else booked to have their surgery around that time?

Well done all of you on your incredible journeys so far! You've been such an inspiration to me.

Jo.

p.s. does anyone know how to get past entering a state and zip code when you set up your profile if you aren't from the USA??

Edited by jojo33

Hi all,

I've read the last few pages of posts on this forum. I just thought I'd introduce myself to you all.

I've struggled with my weight all of my adult life and considered surgery a few years ago. I decided to give conventional methods of weight loss more of a chance as I simply could not afford the surgery. Needless to say I FAILED as usual! I've finally plucked up the courage to go for it (though I still can't really afford it, but I console myself with how much less money I'll be spending on food afterwards!)

Now have made my mind up, I'm hoping that Dr Chris can do the surgery mid February, I don't hang about!

I've just emailed him and I'm hoping for a quick response. Is anyone else booked to have their surgery around that time?

Well done all of you on your incredible journeys so far! You've been such an inspiration to me.

Jo.

p.s. does anyone know how to get past entering a state and zip code when you set up your profile if you aren't from the USA??

Hi Jo

When i asked about dates i know he had quite a few in feb but like yourself i need to save a while so had to book mine for 20th april wish it could have been sooner, but never mind all good things come to those who wait, frederik normally replies very quickly so would imagine you would have an idea of dates by tomorrow morning, good luck

Julie x

Hi everyone

was wonering if anyone has any news on baarbs jane and the others havin surgery today, was hopin to see a post but nothing as yet , hope it all went well and their feeling ok,

Julie x

Hi everyone

was wonering if anyone has any news on baarbs jane and the others havin surgery today, was hopin to see a post but nothing as yet , hope it all went well and their feeling ok,

Julie x

julie

unfortunately te internet is te last thing on you mind the day of surgery i ws wiped out tat night, i dont tink we will hear from tem till mon.

gx

Hi all,

Jo.

hi jo

welcome to te forum and well done you for going ahead you wont regret it, you will find this tread very good and if te answer aint tere just ask, were all here to help.

gx