Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Baarbs,

I've been trying to eat "low fat" foods...with some success...but it is very hard to limit the good foods when you know that for a good many weeks after the surgery you are going to be without proper food. I am trying though...

Our snow has now melted away so I have my fingers (and toes) crossed that we won't get any more snow between now and when I come back.

Not long to go now....

Hi Sharon, We have had very little snow here but enought to disrupt the trains and euro star were running reduced services again today. I had an email from them today to say it should be back to normal after tomorrow but to go on line wed to check. If all goes acording to plan we should arrive around 4pm ish. Not long now only 3 days to op. :blush: I'm feeling very jittery. See you soon Barbara

julie

if you can its more expensive to fly to belgium interntionl however its only 10 mins from hotel, wheres chrleroi (ryanair) is over an hour i think. the std package at 4150 will not include txis from chrleroi but will from interntional however they will collect you from there but chrge extra on top which worked out the same as paying the more expensive flight to international, well it did for me. One big benefit of interntional is how close it is as on the morning of going home you wont be bothered going a long distnce you will just want to get to airport and get home.

Its up to you weigh up the costs but for a small difference i know what i would choose.

gx

Hi garry

oh decisions decisions, cant remember which airport they said sure its the furthest one, i'll have to weigh up the cost of package and the cost of just op and booking my own flights and hotel, might even try euro star see what their prices are like

julie x

Hi Sharon, We have had very little snow here but enought to disrupt the trains and euro star were running reduced services again today. I had an email from them today to say it should be back to normal after tomorrow but to go on line wed to check. If all goes acording to plan we should arrive around 4pm ish. Not long now only 3 days to op. :smile2: I'm feeling very jittery. See you soon Barbara

here Baarbs, your stats must be wrong as theres no way your 57 going by that picture.

gx

here Baarbs, your stats must be wrong as theres no way your 57 going by that picture.

gx

Yeh Ok G lol, Loads of makeup and a good filter lense on the camera !!!

Yeh Ok G lol, Loads of makeup and a good filter lense on the camera !!!

Hey Garry, I have created a tracker from the Ticker Factory as seen on your messages but how do I get it onto these messages. I haven't worked that one out wether I have to paste it each time or whether there is a way it will automatically go on each time I post a messsage? I think it's such a good tool, I love to see how well everyone is doing (Yeh nosy) Thanks

JUdy

A bit of a strong negative post, not very good for people who are just going, to my knowledge Dr C has had no mortalities so i dont know where that came from and I dont think anyone has actually said he is a hero. If he has has had a mortatlity do you know the persons full history?????a

You are quite right cheper is not better however when i extensively researched band surgeons in the UK i struggled to find anyone who had done in excess of 1500 . Of course there are complication with any type of Geneal anasthetic and surgery but its keeping them to a minimum tht is the key.

I dont know where you are in your weighloss travel but good luck!.

This is not a strong negative post. Every surgeon has some complications and you´re right to keep them to a minimum is the key.

I went to Dr Dillemans in Brugges last year and I was very satisfied. He is a very famous surgeon in Belgium and is very nice person.

This is not a strong negative post. Every surgeon has some complications and you´re right to keep them to a minimum is the key.

I went to Dr Dillemans in Brugges last year and I was very satisfied. He is a very famous surgeon in Belgium and is very nice person.

JUdy

I wasnt angling for an argument, i have no doubt your surgeon was fantstic and I am really pleased for you its great to hear any success stories no matter who they went with, all i was saying was there were a few new ladies going out to belgium this week and as far as i am concernced and all dr debruyne patients, he has never lost anyone and i just didnt want those ladies going this week and having any added negative thoughts as you know wht your hed is like just prior to theop.

I hope all is going well and its nice to see new faces on the forum were ll here to help ech other.

gx

Hey Garry, I have created a tracker from the Ticker Factory as seen on your messages but how do I get it onto these messages. I haven't worked that one out wether I have to paste it each time or whether there is a way it will automatically go on each time I post a messsage? I think it's such a good tool, I love to see how well everyone is doing (Yeh nosy) Thanks

baarbs

i am no expert on this but go to your inbox and on the left you will see the control panel, go down to settings & options and the go into edit signature, now in there you need to copy and pste the ticker link (ie http?www thing)

Hope this works

Are you getting ll nervous

gx

JulieRoddy, just want to let you know that I came in on Eurostar and the pick up from there was included in the standard package. I had a great experience.

Hello all again, I pop in occasionally. I'm from the US and chose Dr. Chris because of his reputation, experience and fantastic price.

As of 9/23/09, Dr. Chris had no mortalities due to LapBand. My experience was very good and I am so happy with the band.

And again, thank you all for sharing your stories. It helped immensely when I was making up my mind to proceed.

Cheers!

Just to say that Dr Chris is fab and i had no probs, i think the other thing that everyone is always amazed at is how clean the hospital is!

Good luck to everyone, i can honestly say that having the band has given me the most incredible new life.

x

Just to say that Dr Chris is fab and i had no probs, i think the other thing that everyone is always amazed at is how clean the hospital is!

Good luck to everyone, i can honestly say that having the band has given me the most incredible new life.

x

hI CARRIEJESS

that helps a lot but have a few other questions, first when going for the package deal is the cost for two people flying or does one have to pay seperatley, i know hotel is included and other thing is once the op is done do u have an x ray to make sure everything is where it should be as would feel a lot happier knowing before i left the hospital.

i wish i could have it done tomorrow im so fed up of being fat now, u look amazing by the way well done i can understand u being happy with ur results

juliex

hI CARRIEJESS

that helps a lot but have a few other questions, first when going for the package deal is the cost for two people flying or does one have to pay seperatley, i know hotel is included and other thing is once the op is done do u have an x ray to make sure everything is where it should be as would feel a lot happier knowing before i left the hospital.

i wish i could have it done tomorrow im so fed up of being fat now, u look amazing by the way well done i can understand u being happy with ur results

juliex

hi julie, i know i am not carrie but there are no flights included in the package price you need to book them yourself, your hotel is inc for a partner and that included the night you are in hospital, yes you do have n x ray while drinking a barium meal.

gx

hi julie, i know i am not carrie but there are no flights included in the package price you need to book them yourself, your hotel is inc for a partner and that included the night you are in hospital, yes you do have n x ray while drinking a barium meal.

gx

hi Garry

Thats fine i don't mind u answerin lol, i thought flights were included deal doesn't seem so good now, i,m so glad about x ray though, it's the nurse in me always thinkin of best practice but does put my mind at ease, i,ve crunched my numbers and still have to find about 1500 pounds before april lol so any suggestions of how to make some lovely cash quick will be welcome, emailed frederik today to ask about dates in april so fingers crossed

Julie x

hi Garry

Thats fine i don't mind u answerin lol, i thought flights were included deal doesn't seem so good now, i,m so glad about x ray though, it's the nurse in me always thinkin of best practice but does put my mind at ease, i,ve crunched my numbers and still have to find about 1500 pounds before april lol so any suggestions of how to make some lovely cash quick will be welcome, emailed frederik today to ask about dates in april so fingers crossed

Julie x

carrie is way better looking than me tho, i would suggest more bank shifts. hahahaha

gx

Edited by garrymcfall