Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Random question...Garry, Bobo etc does anyone run? If so how long do you run for and how far?

Thanks x

Hi Jo

Lol thats so funny my daughters 16 and was saying the same to her today, yes u do have to pay a deposit through bank transfer of 500 euros then the rest night before op, its a pain dunno if ur bank is the same but i had to go into the branch fill in a form and sending it cost me 27 quid wasn't impressed lol so all in came to just under 500 pounds.

Julie x

Hi Julie,

Thanks for that info. Is that the only method of payment they take for deposits? :w00t: Looks like I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I can book in that case. And regards the balance you pay when you get there, does that have to be cash? Not sure I like the idea of carrying that much money around with me.

I'd love to book the same date as you, but I have to try to fit it in with school holidays I'm afraid (my daughter is 14 so I'd prefer she came with me, single mum).

I still haven't heard anything from Frederik, but it is weekend so I shall wait to see what tomorrow brings, then I can ask him to provide me with date options.

Hi Julie,

Thanks for that info. Is that the only method of payment they take for deposits? :w00t: Looks like I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I can book in that case. And regards the balance you pay when you get there, does that have to be cash? Not sure I like the idea of carrying that much money around with me.

I'd love to book the same date as you, but I have to try to fit it in with school holidays I'm afraid (my daughter is 14 so I'd prefer she came with me, single mum).

I still haven't heard anything from Frederik, but it is weekend so I shall wait to see what tomorrow brings, then I can ask him to provide me with date options.

Hi Jo

I think so but u can always ask frederik if u can pay by credit card etc for deposit, i know theres a phone number but not sure if they take card payments, and yes do have to pay in cash i was a bit worried about that as well but apparently u can get 500 euro notes so wont be such a bundle so thats the only way he does it:sad: I understand what ur saying about being a single mom my only concern regarding ur daughter going is that ur in the hospital over night will she be ok on her own or is someone else going with u as well, just being a strange place for her, think my daughter would freak lol, if u want to text me i can answer your questions quicker that way just pm me and i'll give u my number, i know how u feel regarding the money its been a real struggle getting mine together too, but know it will be worth it in the long run.

Julie x

Random question...Garry, Bobo etc does anyone run? If so how long do you run for and how far?

Thanks x

Sorry carriejess running its not for me yet im not to keen on exercise at the best of times.I have started going back to the swimming since new year but thats about it for me .I think gary does a bit on the treadmill.Have you started the running then.?

Thanks x

hey kiddo, i run quite bit i average about 30 mins and nearly do 5k in that time, if i am in te mood i will do 45 mins or sometimes just 15 but at a faster pace, as soon as weather gets better i will be out on the roads.

gx

Hi Jo

I think so but u can always ask frederik if u can pay by credit card etc for deposit, i know theres a phone number but not sure if they take card payments, and yes do have to pay in cash i was a bit worried about that as well but apparently u can get 500 euro notes so wont be such a bundle so thats the only way he does it:sad: I understand what ur saying about being a single mom my only concern regarding ur daughter going is that ur in the hospital over night will she be ok on her own or is someone else going with u as well, just being a strange place for her, think my daughter would freak lol, if u want to text me i can answer your questions quicker that way just pm me and i'll give u my number, i know how u feel regarding the money its been a real struggle getting mine together too, but know it will be worth it in the long run.

Julie x

Julie,

I guess it's bank transfers and cash payments then. :w00t: Never mind.

I was going to go on my own with my daughter if I have to wait until April. I did worry about her night alone in the hotel but I talked to her about it and she reckons it's fine. She's very mature for her age, but I know what you mean, it isn't ideal.

I'm still hoping for February though, but unfortunately I have to rely on solicitors and insurance companies for that (I'm owed roughly £3000.00). I very much doubt it will arrive in time. Tempted to make enquiries about getting a short term loan, it would be a damn sight easier if they would accept credit card payments!!! Grrrr.

hey kiddo, i run quite bit i average about 30 mins and nearly do 5k in that time, if i am in te mood i will do 45 mins or sometimes just 15 but at a faster pace, as soon as weather gets better i will be out on the roads.

gx

Hi Garry, Am back home safe and sound. Sam brought his lap top away with him so I wanted to put a note on as you and everyone had been so supportive thanks for everything you made my journey go so smoothly. ( I did ask Fredrick if you were on commission as you can't speak highly enough of them lol) They were everything you said, you did miss out one point though, that the pair of them are very attractive which was a bonus. It was great meeting all the other girls as we all got on so well and were a great support to each other.

On one of your comments you said read back on the postings and everything you need to know is on there, It really paid off taking the time and effort to do this as I took everything that was needed.

If anyone would like a list of things to take I will be happy to list it again.

Well I am on my journey now and hope to do as well as you.

This is not a strong negative post. Every surgeon has some complications and you´re right to keep them to a minimum is the key.

I went to Dr Dillemans in Brugges last year and I was very satisfied. He is a very famous surgeon in Belgium and is very nice person.

Having just returned from Belgium I can now answer your posting, and from the horses mouth.

1. Dr Chris has had no mortalities

2. Out of over 4500 band operations Dr Chris has had 3 complications and all three had complications before he operated.

4. The care and attention was excellent

5. The hospital was spotless

6. And yes Dr Chris is my Hero!!!

Julie,

I guess it's bank transfers and cash payments then. :( Never mind.

I was going to go on my own with my daughter if I have to wait until April. I did worry about her night alone in the hotel but I talked to her about it and she reckons it's fine. She's very mature for her age, but I know what you mean, it isn't ideal.

I'm still hoping for February though, but unfortunately I have to rely on solicitors and insurance companies for that (I'm owed roughly £3000.00). I very much doubt it will arrive in time. Tempted to make enquiries about getting a short term loan, it would be a damn sight easier if they would accept credit card payments!!! Grrrr.

Hi Jo

Yes it would be a lot easier for me too, im also waitin on an insurance payout but as the driver who hit me was uninsured i now have to go through the mib which is going to take longer, it s so bloody annoying. I hope i didn't sound critical in that last post wasn't meant to be, I could have gone sooner if that was sorted, anyway if u do end up going in april maybe we can sort somethin out between us so that u wont have to worry about her so much, i sent u a pm with my number but also try ringing fred and find out they may accept credit card payments as long as its paid before u arrive for the op, its gotta be worth askin

Julie x

:(

Hi Garry and everyone who has sent good wishes. Just got back to the hotel. We are all 7 of us doing well. I was the last on the list so didn't get done till after 4pm. Leave the old boilers till last.

Feel ok though bit tender at the moment but glad Sam is here with me for the suppoert and to do the fetching and carring.

All 7 of us have got on well so we have all been looking out for each other.

Will talk again next week as travelling tomorrow am.:devil:

Hi Baarbs..."a bit tender"...bloody sore more like it but with each day that is passing it' getting better.

I really wish I had someone with me. It was great meeting up with you and the girls for support but the day we left the hospital I couldn't even put my socks on...had to just slip my feet in the shoes with just the surgical stockings on. And carrying the suitcase (small) onto/ off the plane was hard going. But I made it...woohoo...

Hopefully in the coming few days the pain will be practically gone (fingers crossed).

Have you heard from Jane?

Hi Baarbs..."a bit tender"...bloody sore more like it but with each day that is passing it' getting better.

I really wish I had someone with me. It was great meeting up with you and the girls for support but the day we left the hospital I couldn't even put my socks on...had to just slip my feet in the shoes with just the surgical stockings on. And carrying the suitcase (small) onto/ off the plane was hard going. But I made it...woohoo...

Hopefully in the coming few days the pain will be practically gone (fingers crossed).

Have you heard from Jane?

No Haven't heard from Jane yet I phoned her the morning we were leaving and she felt a lot better but was going to get a taxi direct to the eurostar good idea as she was on her own.

I have been to my doctor she was very supportive and see the practice nurse next Monday for the removal of stiches.

I think I probably feel less sore as Sam did all the lugging of the luggage and I did as little as possible. I've booked my first fill in Newport in 6 weeks thats the first time I can get it done there. I bought a wii sport today!!!! well I have good intentions anyway.You look after yourself and keep me posted xox

I'm trying to get my pennies together to have a band done in the next few months...found this surgeon and read your posts!! You've all helped me so much more than you could imagine! :))

Good luck to you all on your journeys...pre and post op! and fingers crossed I get started on my journey very soon!! xxx

I'm trying to get my pennies together to have a band done in the next few months...found this surgeon and read your posts!! You've all helped me so much more than you could imagine! :))

Good luck to you all on your journeys...pre and post op! and fingers crossed I get started on my journey very soon!! xxx

Hi tracy welcome and good luck with ur journey the site helped me in my decision too and am now booked to have my band done in april, and it cant come soon enough lol, everyone on here is so supportive and someone will know the answers to any questions u may have.

Juliex

Hi Garry, Am back home safe and sound. Sam brought his lap top away with him so I wanted to put a note on as you and everyone had been so supportive thanks for everything you made my journey go so smoothly. ( I did ask Fredrick if you were on commission as you can't speak highly enough of them lol) They were everything you said, you did miss out one point though, that the pair of them are very attractive which was a bonus. It was great meeting all the other girls as we all got on so well and were a great support to each other.

On one of your comments you said read back on the postings and everything you need to know is on there, It really paid off taking the time and effort to do this as I took everything that was needed.

If anyone would like a list of things to take I will be happy to list it again.

Well I am on my journey now and hope to do as well as you.

so glad you had a good experience, and no, no commission just a respect for the guys, never noticed they were attractive being a red blooded male, however did spot a few lovely wee nurses hahahahaha.

gx

I'm trying to get my pennies together to have a band done in the next few months...found this surgeon and read your posts!! You've all helped me so much more than you could imagine! :mad:)

tracy

welcome to the forum, i am glad its helped, were all here for the same reason just at different journeys so you ask away girl if you cant find the answer reding back.

g