Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Tami's, I had 6.25 in my band and it caused night time reflux so I made an appointment with my local spire hospital consultant at Cardiff, he gave me an instant unfil and arranged for the barium xray he said this was sign of band slippage and wanted to confirm the band was still as it should be. The result was that the band was still good and had not slipped I then had a fill whilst swallowing the barium for him to decide how much of a fill to give me, he thought 4.8 was suitable because I had some gullet irritation, I had a thorough examination of the band which is what would happen at an annual check. In total it cost me £160 so I'm quite pleased and I think it has worked out cheaper than going back to Belgium. I want to add that the overfill was not in any way caused by Dr Chris, or any of his colleagues.

Hi MM, good to hear your band hasn't slipped i say your so relieved, i not sure whats going on with me at the mo i had very good restriction before Xmas felt i was at my sweet spot could eat and enjoy small amounts of dinner not to motion the goody's but now i am very tight and can only eat crackers, Soup, yogurts that kind of thing only eat about 4 forks of dinner even tho i chop it up and smother it with gravy its so hard to it iim still left hungry but if i try to eat any more it gets stuck and that horrible foam comes back up, I'm starting to get a bit worried that my band has slipped i don't have acid reflux i am going over to Dr Chris on the The 4th of March for yearly xray and check up, I'm just so confused how its gone so tight with out a fill, if anyone has experienced a slipped band be great to hear what your experience was like, just on the gurgling noises mine is terrible especially when I'm hungry or just after eating i know what you mean its very embarrassing:scared2:

On a positive note i have 6mils in my band i have lost 7.5 stone so far i was banded by Dr Chris on the 6th March 2009, it has changed my life just hope nothing is going to go wrong now:smile:

Hi to all the newbies you wont regret it i know im having a little problem at the mo its just part of the course i have been fine up to now good luck:smile:

Just one more thing i have a lump above the port scare Frederick said it was scare tissue don't know if this has anything to do with maybe Garry you could shed some light on it :thumbup:

Hi shoes, WOW you have done well, you must be so pleased with your weight lose. With regards to the band re tightening, could this be down to added stress, I know the band reacts by tightening up if I've got higher stress levels, through good and bad things happening, even my daughter having a baby caused me not to be able to eat for close to a week. Let hope its as simple as that. Good luck with your band check but it sounds as if all is ok for you

Hi shoes, WOW you have done well, you must be so pleased with your weight lose. With regards to the band re tightening, could this be down to added stress, I know the band reacts by tightening up if I've got higher stress levels, through good and bad things happening, even my daughter having a baby caused me not to be able to eat for close to a week. Let hope its as simple as that. Good luck with your band check but it sounds as if all is OK for you

Hi MM, thanks im so delighted cant believe it,you could be right about the stress been very stressed at the mo family stuff:smile:

Hi Shoes & MMM

I've not been on for a while but I still try to catch up on all the latest news when I get time. Well done to you both on your weight loss so far, you are doing really well.

I'm going for my 5th fill on Monday in Cardiff, I currently have 5.75cl in my band and I have no restriction yet !!! I'm hoping that the next one will get me there as my weight has not changed since my op.

Wendy thinks that I may have to have an xray to check out whats going on, in case of slippage or maybe something else ? I think I will have to consider this if the next one doesnt work. Do you think that if I get 0.5cl, taking me to 6.25cl it will get me to some restriction ??

Sue x

Hi again and sorry for all the questions!!

I'm booked in and ready to go for the 5th Feb (next week whoop whoop) and very nervous and excited!!

The pre-op diet....is it just low fat and low sugar?? My friend has also given me some milk thistle tablets...are these ok to take? I'm also starting on multi vits as I have a stinking cold and am scared they won't be able to put under anaesthetic with it!! My hubby isn't coming with me as he needs to stay and look after the children...we live in germany as he is in the armed forces so have no family readily available....but hopefully I'm taking my friends if her hubby can get some time off work too! I am so scared that something will go wrong...I'm a born panicker.....also a trained nurse, although haven't practiced for a god few years now, which doesn't help in this situation...knowing too much about what can go wrong!!!

Anyway, no more waffling from me! Hope everyone is doing well, both pre and post op!

Lotsa loves xxx

Hi MM, good to hear your band hasn't slipped i say your so relieved, i not sure whats going on with me at the mo i had very good restriction before Xmas felt i was at my sweet spot could eat and enjoy small amounts of dinner not to motion the goody's but now i am very tight and can only eat crackers, Soup, yogurts that kind of thing only eat about 4 forks of dinner even tho i chop it up and smother it with gravy its so hard to it iim still left hungry but if i try to eat any more it gets stuck and that horrible foam comes back up, I'm starting to get a bit worried that my band has slipped i don't have acid reflux i am going over to Dr Chris on the The 4th of March for yearly xray and check up, I'm just so confused how its gone so tight with out a fill, if anyone has experienced a slipped band be great to hear what your experience was like, just on the gurgling noises mine is terrible especially when I'm hungry or just after eating i know what you mean its very embarrassing:scared2:

On a positive note i have 6mils in my band i have lost 7.5 stone so far i was banded by Dr Chris on the 6th March 2009, it has changed my life just hope nothing is going to go wrong now:smile:

Hi to all the newbies you wont regret it i know im having a little problem at the mo its just part of the course i have been fine up to now good luck:smile:

Just one more thing i have a lump above the port scare Frederick said it was scare tissue don't know if this has anything to do with maybe Garry you could shed some light on it :smile2:

Hi Shoes well done on your weightloss, thats fantastic. On the restriction thing, i had a fill end of sep and i have went from small restriction to very very tight over 2 weeks then it releases again, i am no expert but i would sy what your having is pretty normal. 2 weeks ago on a sunday eveing i even struggled with saliva, completely out of nowhere then next day it was fine again, i would not worry too much.

I have scar tissue, particulary around my port scar as it was re-opened to fix my leak, but its not a lump its just looks like thick skin. If you want PM me with an email address and i will send you a picture.

gx

Hi Shoes & MMM

I've not been on for a while but I still try to catch up on all the latest news when I get time. Well done to you both on your weight loss so far, you are doing really well.

I'm going for my 5th fill on Monday in Cardiff, I currently have 5.75cl in my band and I have no restriction yet !!! I'm hoping that the next one will get me there as my weight has not changed since my op.

Wendy thinks that I may have to have an xray to check out whats going on, in case of slippage or maybe something else ? I think I will have to consider this if the next one doesnt work. Do you think that if I get 0.5cl, taking me to 6.25cl it will get me to some restriction ??

Sue x

Hi Sue I was at 5.75ml until Tuesday when Wendy put in a further 0.75 taking me to 6.5. I am still on liquids but the difference is tremendous. I did find I had heartburn on the first night after fill, last night I had reflux problems and slept sitting up but today it seems to have calmed down a lot. I bought gaviscon and it helped slightly but it was a shock as I have never had heartburn or acid relflux in my life before and I was feeling pretty miserable.

As I have said its calmed down a lot today and hopefully as GAry says it will slacken off slightly in around two weeks. jx

HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM?

I was banded on the 11th Sept 2009 and have had two fills, the last being Nov 2009. I was not able to make the December 2009 fill, so went along today to get filled. However, the doctor from brussels and nurse both tried several times to fill me this morning. In the end they both agreed that my port was twisted in the opposite direction and was facing downwards.

I know have an appointment to see Dr Chris on the 11th Feb to see if he is able to manipulate the port upwards. The doctors today said Dr Chris is better at doing this as he fitted the band and is sometimes able to move the port upwards.

My worries are now, that if he doesn't manage to manipulate the port upwards, will I need to have surgery.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of someone with the problem?

The doctor today said this sometimes happens when you do excesive exercise, but I have done nothing except walking as I have a frozen shoulder.

My other worry is, if I do have to have more surgery will I need to pay.

Katy

Edited by Hopkicat

Hi Shoes & MMM

Sue x

Hi sue sorry to hear youve had a struggle getting to restriction, but if you do need a x ray Cardiff Spire arranged mine for £160 which included a fill its close to Junction 30 M4, if you need their phone number pm me with your number

Hi Sue I was at 5.75ml until Tuesday when Wendy put in a further 0.75 taking me to 6.5. I am still on liquids but the difference is tremendous. I did find I had heartburn on the first night after fill, last night I had reflux problems and slept sitting up but today it seems to have calmed down a lot. I bought gaviscon and it helped slightly but it was a shock as I have never had heartburn or acid relflux in my life before and I was feeling pretty miserable.

As I have said its calmed down a lot today and hopefully as GAry says it will slacken off slightly in around two weeks. jx

Hi homecare you are at exactly the same level and symptoms as me if the reflux continues at night try omeprazole from doctors, but really if it does'nt settle the tightness can cause a band slip' I've had a real fright, and even 1 month after an emergency unfil my gullet showed signs of distress under x ray. It is not worth the risk, I did'nt even lose a lot of weight, and could have been faced with a huge financial bill for corrective surgery and risk having my band removed permanatly. Be careful listen to you body and good luck I really hope it will settle down for you.

HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM?

I was banded on the 11th Sept 2009 and have had two fills, the last being Nov 2009. I was not able to make the December 2009 fill, so went along today to get filled. However, the doctor from brussels and nurse both tried several times to fill me this morning. In the end they both agreed that my port was twisted in the opposite direction and was facing downwards.

I know have an appointment to see Dr Chris on the 11th Feb to see if he is able to manipulate the port upwards. The doctors today said Dr Chris is better at doing this as he fitted the band and is sometimes able to move the port upwards.

My worries are now, that if he doesn't manage to manipulate the port upwards, will I need to have surgery.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of someone with the problem?

The doctor today said this sometimes happens when you do excesive exercise, but I have done nothing except walking as I have a frozen shoulder.

My other worry is, if I do have to have more surgery will I need to pay.

Katy

Katy

You do need to be careful doing any abdominal stuff however most other excercises are fine, try not to panic too much, i have not had same problem allbeit i have had a tubing problem that had to be fixed but the point i will make is sometimes the other fill Dr and nurses struggle to find port as I have had this a few times and thats why my tubing was pierced however everytime i have seen Dr CDB he has found port immediately and without any hassle whereas the others struggled to find or indeed they found but could not locate the exact point for the needle. I am not saying its not twisted but you could just be unlucky that they could not find it.

Keep me posted, fingers crossed.

gx

Hi We all had the last supper in the hotel so yes a nice meal on your last night is fine and maybe one drink but I decided to abstain from the alcohol didn't want to take any chances but like I say one I shouldn't think would do any harm but nothing no food no drink of any kind after midnight day befor surgery.

Baarbs,

Thanks for that, I thought as much. I suppose it's better to be safe, could have done with a few drinks to settle the nerves I'll no doubt have though!! And by the way, WOW!! You've done so well already, well done. :bored: Pre-op diet starts tomorrow, can't wait :unsure:

thanks ill look at that?is it something to do with infection or viruses?i think it flared up this time due to stressing out and having a soar throat!