Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Well I travel to brussels by train at 1600 tomorrow. Not too nervous now after reading all your posts.

Making a point of travelling very light and as I'm there and back from bristol on my own, cheapest way for me though as I get free train travel and eurostar is only twenty quid each way anytime :-). Hope its not just me there what's is the hospital like, how long does the op take and is there any way of getting done first. Don't want to be sat bricking it for hours. Speak to you all soon as a bandster!!!!!

Good Luck hun, I go Thursday to be banded on Friday...I'm nervous too!! Not sure on how to answer your questions as I haven't been but will be interested in the answers!!! :confused:

xxxx

Just wanted to tell you of my experience last week, just to be clear this is not scaremongering, I hope this information may be useful to others.

Had 2nd fill of 2mls on Thursday at London clinic, had terrible reflux the first night, went to GP who prescribed something which resolved it immediately, then drank fluids all day and evening, had a great nights sleep. When I woke up I discovered that I could not drink fluids, constantly needing to spit saliva out and vomitted, Fluid bu not stomach contents. Rang emergency number for advice, they advised to get up and about and just try Water. Took the dogs out for a long walk, drank water, seemed to improve, got home and it started to get worse. Rang nurse back and she advised me no choice but to come down to London, glad I did as it just continued to worsen which is what she said would happen. Immediate relief once 1ml was taken out. I think what had happened is that the reflux had caused inflammation which did not really kick in until the Saturday.

There are 2 things I have taken from this (for me), one is to have some good antacids available (which in future I will start to take the night before the first fill). Secondly as the nurse advised me drink 2 cups of water (minimum) at the clinic before leaving instead of the usual 1. She said that the first cup could sit above the band and you may not realise that it is not going down, if you decide you need some out then it does not cost anything if done there and then. I would just add that I am very prone to acid reflux, always had it when overeating, which before the band was pretty constant. So drink 2 glasses is mostly what I am saying.

I hope this is helpful to those new to this like myself.

Best Wishes to all, good luck to all those with operations pending.

love MiaBlue

Hi Sue,

Due to see Chris in 1 1/2 weeks so hopefully he will be able to twist it, although to be honest I really cannot feel the port unless I press down really hard and I honestly think that the stiches have come away and the port is free.

I have been trying to find out what the next step will be and if Chris isn't able to twist it, I think he may then ask me to have an xray and then if it has come away I will need to have a small operation. I don't think I will have to pay for the Op, but I think I may have to pay for the fairs again, unless he is able to do this in the UK, which I don't think he does. Yes keep us all posted on how you get on. I am really annoyed as I haven't lost anything since the beginning of Jan and the nice good looking doctor was going to fill me last Thursday by another 1 1/2 CC's and so that would have put me up to 6 1/2 CC's.

How many cc's are you currently up too?

Katy

Hello everyone, my name is Susan and I am new here. I have been reading all your mails and took the decision to go with Dr Bruyne. I have booked the date which will be 12th March. Flying out of Manchester on the Thursday evening and decided to stay at the Campanile Hotel near the airport, I found the other hotel very very expensive, they are obviously loading their prices. I wish this was earlier but I will be patient as I know it will work. It is interesting to hear all your experience and it's so important to post to help others make a decision. If anyone is going at the same time don't hesitate to contact me.

I have yo-yo dieted all my life so this has to work, fingers crossed.

I love hearing your experiences, thank you.

Hi Splatt,

Welcome to the forum.

The waiting for the surgery and having to keep to the low fat diet is a bit of a pain, but it will be well worth it in the end.

people are lovely on this forum, always here for encouragement and willing to help and give advise on a problem if they know it.

Dr Chris and his team are also really nice so you will be in good hands!

Thank you Hopkicat, looks like we are the same starting weight. You are losing nice and gradual, how many calories does it take for you to lose at this rate?

Thank you Hopkicat, looks like we are the same starting weight. You are losing nice and gradual, how many calories does it take for you to lose at this rate?

Yes I ntoiced we was about the same age too.

My weight was fairly fast at first but I have not lost anything since the beginning of January. I currently have a small problem with my port and hope that Dr Chris can sort it out, so I haven't been able to have as much filled as I would like. I don't really count my calories but I guess I avarage about 1000 per day.

If you need any advice of help, then please come back as I have been a member on here now for a while now and pop in and out every now and then.

Katy

Hi Tracey,

i got some dates through today, and i have asked for the banding on the 2nd march!!

oh my god, am just waiting now and hope its all worth it.

I have even booked an appt 2moro to see a dietician for advice pre and post op, so hopefully that will be of use.

Did you book the hotel , travel etc yourself or did you let them do it for you?

keep me posted and good luck hunni

Julie x

Hi Julie, apologies for jumping on your post, I have booked my flights and struggling re the hotel, the one nearer the airport is £100 cheaper than Vilvoorde. If there is anyone out there who has been and can advise that would be good. Looking on Trip Advisor both Campaniles don't seem that good. Again any advice?

Hi Splatt,

no worries at all :-), i am looking for exactly the same information so any help would be great. I am looking at Eurostar for the travel.

Good luck and keep me posted with any thing you find and i will do the same.

Julie x

TIMEISNOW I find your last post most offensive, I glad that homecare has thanked me for my concern, I am only speaking from experience, and to help anyone else getting into a health problem.

i would tend to agree mmm it was a little harsh, everyone has there own opinion and experiences so no one is 100% accurate as we all see things differently so we can only share our own thots.

gx

Jojo, I agree with the other posters, I for one have no will power this being the main reason I got the band and I dont regret it for one second.

Its like someone putting their hand over your mouth to stop you eating, because if you do eat more than you should you will have pain and probably vomit sometimes, the discomfort you feel really stops you from eating too much.

Some people on here say that they have used their will power to help the band, but i never have. my fill in July was a bit too much, and over 3 months i lost 3 stone.

I had acid reflux if I ate or even drank anything before bedtime, and I'm talking 2 hours before I tried to sleep. I slept sitting up most nights and apparently according to my family became very miserable.

However I dont care cos its 3 stone I could do without.

So dont let anyone or thing put you off, you will cope with the band and it helped me no end, in fact I have had 2 bands implanted cos my first one developed a hole .

Time is now, I cant believe you posted that trash about Mmm, she is a lovely person, I have met her in real life and I am very offended for her, for the way you attacked her.

As she says she is only giving people the benefit of her experience, cos none of us are the same.

i think she really deserves an apology from you, because you have been very unfair to her, Maggs is a good person and wouldnt hurt anyone intentionally.

il second that

Hi Oliverdog. Oooo handsome young man eh, can't wait to go, shame my hubby is going with me. The Cougar in me is surfacing lol :confused: (Cougar is the new word for older women who date or marry younger men)

Perhaps we shall meet up eventually. Keep up the good work. Baarbs

here baarbs or should i call u cougar, love yer chat, you can marry me no worries you are a gorgeous looking woman, are u sure that your picture.

heee heee

gx

Hi oliverdog the guy you saw at Newport was Chris Deprez, and he is everything you descibed. I'm seeing him fri 26th feb 12.00

right you lot its not fair as theres no fill nurses or i woud never be away from the place.

hahaha