Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

I'm a bit annoyed at myself for being sucked into the "last supper" syndrome. I've eaten quite badly for the last week or so, and today is my last day before my pre-op diet starts. I've eaten anything and everything, followed by nearly two bottles of wine and some chocolates.

I've now started to worry that the band isn't for me, I understand willpower and resolve is involved, but I don't seem to have any of either!!

I've read so many success stories, I'm terrified that I will be the one to fail in a big way.

Surely none of us would have got big in the first place if we had enough willpower?

I'm hoping someone can re-assure me here, but I won't be surprised if no-one can. :biggrin:

Hi jojo you are exactly the same as the rest of us. My last supper lasted 3 weeks, convinced myself I may never be able to eat that and that again so might as well when I had a chance. But I pulled myself together for pre op diet and havent looked back since the op. Last night was just the best I fitted into a pair of size 12 black satin trousers Ive had in my wadrobe for years and havent been able to fit until NOW.

GO FOR IT:w00t:

I'm a bit annoyed at myself for being sucked into the "last supper" syndrome. I've eaten quite badly for the last week or so, and today is my last day before my pre-op diet starts. I've eaten anything and everything, followed by nearly two bottles of wine and some chocolates.

I've now started to worry that the band isn't for me, I understand willpower and resolve is involved, but I don't seem to have any of either!!

I've read so many success stories, I'm terrified that I will be the one to fail in a big way.

Surely none of us would have got big in the first place if we had enough willpower?

I'm hoping someone can re-assure me here, but I won't be surprised if no-one can. :biggrin:

Tell me about it, I had an American holiday in November and Christmas before my band and gained half a stone I only managed to loose one pound on my pre op diet I was rubbish but once you have the band on you must only have liquids for the first 10 to 14 days because if you don't you may break stiches inside so that gives you a brilliant start and honestly you don't feel hungry it's the cravings I have trouble with and as time goes on as it relaxes and you do get hungry you get fill and you are back to square one. Everyone is the same thats why we get the band but you have to help it a bit. Just read the back posts you are not alone but I don't think any of us has regretted having it done. The girls that I went with that have kept in touch are all happy so I'm sure you will be fine. Baarbs:thumbup:

Hi JoJo

Don't worry! Most people go through last supper syndrome, i definately did! None of us has any will power that's why we went through this, the band is a tool which helps you to control how much you can eat therefore the need for will power is to some extent redundent. We all still go through stages of eating the wrong things (i had 3 kit kats yesterday) however for the most part your good eating will balance this out. The main thing to remember is that it may take you a while to get used to having it and to learn how to eat with it, your body will tell you if your eating too quickly or the wrong things. It will also tell you that you need to get a fill etc if you can eat too much. There may be times when you will stop losing or take you a while to get to your sweet spot. You just need to except this and realise that you will be able to do it! It's an amazing oppertunity and i don't regret it for a second!

Good luck!

Jojo, I agree with the other posters, I for one have no will power this being the main reason I got the band and I dont regret it for one second.

Its like someone putting their hand over your mouth to stop you eating, because if you do eat more than you should you will have pain and probably vomit sometimes, the discomfort you feel really stops you from eating too much.

Some people on here say that they have used their will power to help the band, but i never have. my fill in July was a bit too much, and over 3 months i lost 3 stone.

I had acid reflux if I ate or even drank anything before bedtime, and I'm talking 2 hours before I tried to sleep. I slept sitting up most nights and apparently according to my family became very miserable.

However I dont care cos its 3 stone I could do without.

So dont let anyone or thing put you off, you will cope with the band and it helped me no end, in fact I have had 2 bands implanted cos my first one developed a hole .

Time is now, I cant believe you posted that trash about Mmm, she is a lovely person, I have met her in real life and I am very offended for her, for the way you attacked her.

As she says she is only giving people the benefit of her experience, cos none of us are the same.

i think she really deserves an apology from you, because you have been very unfair to her, Maggs is a good person and wouldnt hurt anyone intentionally.

Hi Shoes & MMM

I've not been on for a while but I still try to catch up on all the latest news when I get time. Well done to you both on your weight loss so far, you are doing really well.

I'm going for my 5th fill on Monday in Cardiff, I currently have 5.75cl in my band and I have no restriction yet !!! I'm hoping that the next one will get me there as my weight has not changed since my op.

Wendy thinks that I may have to have an xray to check out whats going on, in case of slippage or maybe something else ? I think I will have to consider this if the next one doesnt work. Do you think that if I get 0.5cl, taking me to 6.25cl it will get me to some restriction ??

Sue x

Hi Starsky, i was the same as you it took 5 fills for me to get restriction its amazing what 0.5 mils can do, up to that it was just down to will power dont know where i got it from just keep thinking the next fill will get me there low and behold it did, you be the same good luck:smile2:

Hi Shoes well done on your weightloss, thats fantastic. On the restriction thing, i had a fill end of sep and i have went from small restriction to very very tight over 2 weeks then it releases again, i am no expert but i would sy what your having is pretty normal. 2 weeks ago on a sunday eveing i even struggled with saliva, completely out of nowhere then next day it was fine again, i would not worry too much.

I have scar tissue, particulary around my port scar as it was re-opened to fix my leak, but its not a lump its just looks like thick skin. If you want PM me with an email address and i will send you a picture.

gx

Hi Garry,this band has a mind of its own at times cant belive i was so tight and now it has lossend of thank god could'nt enjoy anything, just on the lump you cant see mine but you can feel it i will pm you for that pic thanks :biggrin:

Thanks freckles for your kind words, I was very upset by the post I thought we were all friends on here ready and willing to help each other, I was shocked by such aggresion, and your and homecare response has helped enormously.

TIMEISNOW I find your last post most offensive, I glad that homecare has thanked me for my concern, I am only speaking from experience, and to help anyone else getting into a health problem.

apologies for the tone of my response mmm,

looking at the post again it is somewhat harsh but i was angry at the time as i was thinking back to the upset and worry you had caused me with your "experience" re taking zantac prior to having the band fitted.

I most def could have worded it better or should not have responded at all.

Hi, I won't be going for my first fill untill Feb 26th as this week is only 2 weeks but if you are going next month I may see you. Hope it sorts you out and gets you on track

Thanks Baarbs Had my fill, with a very handsome young man but not Fred made it all the more pleasurable..lol!! Not sure yet if I will need one in Feb he said to wait and see, but if I do will see you there I usually go around 11.00 ish

Seems to be working cant eat half so much and its only day two of my second fill x:thumbup:

Thanks Baarbs Had my fill, with a very handsome young man but not Fred made it all the more pleasurable..lol!! Not sure yet if I will need one in Feb he said to wait and see, but if I do will see you there I usually go around 11.00 ish

Seems to be working cant eat half so much and its only day two of my second fill x:thumbup:

Hi Oliverdog. Oooo handsome young man eh, can't wait to go, shame my hubby is going with me. The Cougar in me is surfacing lol :thumbup: (Cougar is the new word for older women who date or marry younger men)

Perhaps we shall meet up eventually. Keep up the good work. Baarbs

I'm hoping someone can re-assure me here, but I won't be surprised if no-one can. :)

Hi JoJo, had the last super syndrome myself. Ive got no will power either that's why I'm having the band. Will start again tomorrow, dont be so hard on yourself your not alone. only 12 days to go for new beginnings, look forward to meeting you Jeaniejinx.:thumbup:

Hi oliverdog the guy you saw at Newport was Chris Deprez, and he is everything you descibed. I'm seeing him fri 26th feb 12.00

Thanks MMM and Shoes for your words of wisdom.

It helps to know that you also took 5 fills before you got to restriction. Its my fifth tommorrow, so wish me luck !!

I have managed to lose 6lbs this month off my own steam but its been really hard. I cant imagine another month without restriction, so Im keeping my fingers crossed for tommorrow.

Katie,

Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear your havin trouble with your port, hope you manage to sort it soon. I will PM you if I get restriction this week. Take care.

Sue xx

I have been to my own GP today to talk it through with him, he has put my mind at rest I think.

Had email from Dr Chris too saying available for 2nd march -oh my god - now that it all seems to be going ahead my stomach is in knots.

Your notes have been great and I am sure I will be absolutely fine - born worrier - just cant help.it.

How long will I be off work for - need to book holidays.

Does anyone know if direct flights to BRU from Edinburgh

I can feel my hands shake as I type this - mixture of excitement and sheer terror I think

Thanks Kerry (Scooby Doo):thumbup:

Hi there Scooby Doo,

I had my operation on 15th January with Dr. Chris.

I flew direct from Edinburgh to Brussells National Airport with BMI on the Thursday. The flight cost just under £100. Ryanair fly to Charleroi but the cost of a taxi negates the cost saving on the flight.

You will be in pain for a few days but everyones pain threshhold is different. Your op is on the Tuesday? I would take the rest of the week off and then head back to work on the Monday...you should be fine...a wee bit tender but OK.

Good luck and well done on making a life changing decission.

Sharon

Aww, thank you all for reassuring me, I feel a lot better about it now.. I guess I wouldn't be thinking seriously enough about it if I didn't have the odd wobble.

I'm feeling far more positive, can't wait now. And YES Jean, 12 days to go until the start of the rest of our lives!! I've been really good over weekend (and somehow not put any weight on over the last couple of weeks of being REALLY bad!) so I'm already a couple of pounds lighter than I thought my starting weight was going to be, every little helps!

Looking forward to meeting you too, my train gets me into Manchester quite early on Thursday so just give me a call when you get there, myself and Jonnie will probably already be there.

He's got loads planned for Brussels, I keep telling him that Thursday will be the only day I will probably want to do any sight seeing etc, but he's determined to make the most of it. Hope him and your hubby get on ok, we can send them off together so they'll leave us alone a bit!!

See you in 11 days hun! x :thumbup: :thumbup: :)