Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Julie

I took the Eurostar as its quite close to me, getting the train in Belgium to the Hotel was quite difficult as i generally have no sense of direction! I didnt know about the package when i booked as i went through an agent but i think the package is a good deal just for the fact that they pick you up etc. When i booked the Camponille i could only stay for one night so had to travel to another Hotel for the second night. If i had known about the package i wouldnt have had to go through all of that drama!

I am lucky that my lovely mother loaned me the money but i would of saved for as long as it took to get the money if she hadnt of done. Squeezed into a size 8 dress the other day so its all worth it in the end (used to be a 20.)

x

x

SharronT,

Thanks for re-directing me over here.

My name is Jon, my wife (Jane) is due to be banded on Friday Jan15 (so I see that makes 4 of you that day!)

We live in the Midlands, so she is going by train to London and then the 12:57 Eurostar to BRU.

No, I am not going, I have been tasked with looking after the dog (or the other way round).

Jane is not too nervous, but is a bit concerned that she has not had piles of instructions/forms to fill in as happens over here. She is staying in Campanile Thursday and Saturday, which I think some of you are.

I used to work in Zaventum, which is close to Vilvoorde, so I know the area. Jane wants to go for a pizza Thursday night in Zaventum (oh god...is that allowed??), so you girls could get up a party (Vilvoorde is a more 'industruial' area, not so good for eating).

OOps, maybe should not be talking about food on this forum.....sorry.

Anyway, all the best to you all, I hope it all goes well for you

jon

ps Bridget (Dr B's girl in UK will be in Belgium on the 15th - she says - so you might be able to put a face to the voice you have probably been talking to.

pps if anyone has logistics type questions that I might be able to help with, post or send me a PM

Edited by JonS
My spelling is getting worse

Hi,

Can any of you going for the 15th do me a favour.....persuade Jane to register on the forum here....thanks.

(She will be on Facebook by 2015 I think....)

jon

baarbs

i am no expert on this but go to your inbox and on the left you will see the control panel, go down to settings & options and the go into edit signature, now in there you need to copy and pste the ticker link (ie http?www thing)

Hope this works

Are you getting ll nervous

gx

Ok Garry Have done that let see if it works if it does you will get the stats I am 5ft 6in and 15. 10 lost 3lb on pre diet sugested weight loss for me is to get to 10.5 haven't been that since I was in my 20's would probably be a size 12 at that am squeezing into a size 18 not quite 20 (well maybe in areas!!!) lol Not sleeping great worried about trains, then the op and trying to avoid getting the flu or some other germs:scared2:

Going to have a bacon sarnie haven't had one for ages but not likly to have one for a long while.

Ok Garry Have done that let see if it works if it does you will get the stats I am 5ft 6in and 15. 10 lost 3lb on pre diet sugested weight loss for me is to get to 10.5 haven't been that since I was in my 20's would probably be a size 12 at that am squeezing into a size 18 not quite 20 (well maybe in areas!!!) lol Not sleeping great worried about trains, then the op and trying to avoid getting the flu or some other germs:scared2:

Going to have a bacon sarnie haven't had one for ages but not likly to have one for a long while.

Hi Garry Yehh it worked. Thought I would put a beach and palm tree give me some incentive for wearing a swimsuit and not having to hide behind a rock or bush.lol

Hi Julie

I took the Eurostar as its quite close to me, getting the train in Belgium to the Hotel was quite difficult as i generally have no sense of direction! I didnt know about the package when i booked as i went through an agent but i think the package is a good deal just for the fact that they pick you up etc. When i booked the Camponille i could only stay for one night so had to travel to another Hotel for the second night. If i had known about the package i wouldnt have had to go through all of that drama!

I am lucky that my lovely mother loaned me the money but i would of saved for as long as it took to get the money if she hadnt of done. Squeezed into a size 8 dress the other day so its all worth it in the end (used to be a 20.)

x

x

Hi Carriejess You look wonderfull well done and I'm glad it makes you feel so confident and happy, go girl. One thing don't get too thin remember too skinny looks worse than too fat and boys love curves.

ps Your lucky to have such a wonderfull and caring mum cherish her. My mum is 91 and has been a great support to me all my life.

Hi anyone going to Villavoor by train JonS just gave me the time table. Very helpfull

Trains from Brussels Midi to Vilvoorde:

Departure Arrival Train ID Direction (Dutch)

16:32 16:50 IR3114 Anvers-Central (Antwerpen)

16:37 16:55 IC3416 Turnhout (Turnhout)

16:42 17:05 L6366 Anvers-Central (Antwerpen)

17:04 17:22 IR3317 Anvers-Central (Antwerpen)

17:09 17:29 P8257 Louvain (Leuven)

17:23 17:41 IR2817 Anvers-Central (Antwerpen)

Apologies for not putting the train times on the forum....I just thought that the other 'Jan15' ers were coming by plane.

Apologies for not putting the train times on the forum....I just thought that the other 'Jan15' ers were coming by plane.

No Problem. They may be, I don't know, but it's always usefull to anyone els who may be going in the future and looks at the forum to know the tain times.;)

Hi Garry Yehh it worked. Thought I would put a beach and palm tree give me some incentive for wearing a swimsuit and not having to hide behind a rock or bush.lol

Baarbs

well done it worked, good on you, if i dont get another chnce to speak to you then best of luck, i will PM you my number incase you have any last minute wobbles or need any questions answered.

Good luck you will be fine

gx

Baarbs

well done it worked, good on you, if i dont get another chnce to speak to you then best of luck, i will PM you my number incase you have any last minute wobbles or need any questions answered.

Good luck you will be fine

gx

Thanks Pal, And to everyone who has been so supportive. Bag is packed and ready for the off. Glad I will know other girls who are going too. Planning to meet up for "The Last Supper" I will post on Monday as won't get back till late Sunday.

Hiya I'm not arriving until 18th January and op is on 19th. That would have been great thanks a million for the offer. Are you getting nervous/excited now about the op? It won't be long now

Good Luck for Tuesday Lill

carrie is way better looking than me tho, i would suggest more bank shifts. hahahaha

gx

Hi Garry Carriejess and everyone else

I'm so excited my best friend just offered to loan me most of the extra i need, so tomorrow i will be booking my op for the 20th April, would be great to hear off anyone else that will be banded that day i cant believe i'm actually gonna get it done the waitings gonna kill me im so impatient lol, but can see from all ur great stories and pic s that it will be so worth it.

Julie x:w00t:

Hi Garry Carriejess and everyone else

I'm so excited my best friend just offered to loan me most of the extra i need, so tomorrow i will be booking my op for the 20th April, would be great to hear off anyone else that will be banded that day i cant believe i'm actually gonna get it done the waitings gonna kill me im so impatient lol, but can see from all ur great stories and pic s that it will be so worth it.

Julie x:w00t:

Thats fantastic news, i so pleased for you. It will be such a relief for you not to have to worry about it! x

Thats fantastic news, i so pleased for you. It will be such a relief for you not to have to worry about it! x

Hi Carrie

Yes it was fantastic news emailed frederik to book the date decided to go with the package, but wonderin about which is closest airport to fly too comes up with three when i put brussels in anyone have any ideas

juliex