Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

One remark. Dr Chris had mortalities and complications. He is a good surgeon, but not an heroe. I know someone operated last year , with big complications after the operation and she had to stay for months on the intensive care unit in Brussels. Cheaper is not always better.

Hi Everyone

Hope you have all recovered from the Christmas and New year binges and ready to continue the weight loss journey in 2010 !!

I have been really good over Xmas/New year and managed to maintain my weight without any restriction yet. I was reading Anitahugs message and it has made me feel a little bit reassured :thumbup: as I have just had my 4th fill, taking me to 5.75cc but I still have no restriction at all.......is this unusual as I thought I would be there by now ???

Wendy at WLS says that if I dont get restriction on my next injection I will probably need an xray to see if there is something wrong (which has worried me a little !!!)

Can anyone tell me if this is unusual as I thought I would be there by now but I can still tuck into a fish and chip dinner with no problem at all !!

Please help :thumbup:

Sue xx

Hi everyone one a belated happy new year to all. I havent been on in a while ie mad xmas new year etc. Well I have put on 1 and 1/2 lb over the hols and I know who the culprit is, those damn chocolates. To be honest I felt as if I wasnt eating enough and threw a couple of choccies down to make up my calories. BIG MISTAKE!!! Any way on the straight and hopefully narrow now. This size 12 is still evading me but a 14 is now too loose.

Sue I picked up on you because I know it must be a pain having no restriction after all this time and money. Look at Flirty she has no restriction and yet after xray they said everything was fine.

I feel sometimes I dont know what restriction should feel like. When I eat slowly and the food doest have a skin on it I can still eat a full portion and then last night went to a Tapas bar and had 2 meat balls and physically couldnt eat anymore because it was too painfull not because I felt full. Is this restriction? I know I dont eat half of what I used to but its not because I now feel full its because of the pain I get. So I ask again is this restriction? Appreciate any advice. Jx:blink:

Well a happy new year to all thee newbies and oldies.To answer your question sue.

Wendy at WLS says that if I dont get restriction on my next injection I will probably need an xray to see if there is something wrong (which has worried me a little !!!)

Can anyone tell me if this is unusual as I thought I would be there by now but I can still tuck into a fish and chip dinner with no problem at all !!

Well as you can see by the amount of fills i have had i wouldn't worry .I started to panic that there was something wrong with the band but its just some of us take alot longer than others to get restriction.

I would say you have restriction to some extent homecare .I have had the same thing as yourself in the past with the pain but i have learned to chew my foods properly and slowly so don't get any pain now.I seem to be able to eat more when I'm in my own house than in a restraunt as my band seems to get tighter when I'm in public for some reason.I think you need to learn to read the signs if there is any of when the food is starting to back up in your band and stop eating that should stop the pain.Plus i think it depends on what kind of foods you are eating minced beef i used to struggle with a bit.

Well thats me back on track after a bad month i had put on 8lb over the holiday period old habits kicked in again .But i have managed to loose 6lb of them since the 2nd so starting to feel a bit better now.I have got my head round what i need to do again so heres hoping i can loose my final stone or so in the coming months

One remark. Dr Chris had mortalities and complications. He is a good surgeon, but not an heroe. I know someone operated last year , with big complications after the operation and she had to stay for months on the intensive care unit in Brussels. Cheaper is not always better.

JUdy

A bit of a strong negative post, not very good for people who are just going, to my knowledge Dr C has had no mortalities so i dont know where that came from and I dont think anyone has actually said he is a hero. If he has has had a mortatlity do you know the persons full history?????a

You are quite right cheper is not better however when i extensively researched band surgeons in the UK i struggled to find anyone who had done in excess of 1500 . Of course there are complication with any type of Geneal anasthetic and surgery but its keeping them to a minimum tht is the key.

I dont know where you are in your weighloss travel but good luck!.

Thanx for the info Garry. Like SharonT I was told I would be meeting Dr Chris on at 8pm at the Hotel, Who is Frederik? Ok Smarty Pants see if you know the answere to this one. I know I shouldn't have but I read Ann Diamonds blog have you seen it, she said she was operated on in Belgium, and they put the band around her asophagus instead of the stomach, and it was a real cock up. She also ranted on at how they didn't speak very good English ect, Well I know you Speak highly of the service. Do you know who did her op? Please say it wasn't Dr Chris!!!

HI

the time can vary all dependant on there surgery day. Woooo you got me there on the Ann Diamond i am not sure about her surgeon but i am aware of her story and it worried me also prior to my op, lets face it its serious stuff being operted on and no one forgets that we can all look into it and read horror stories as we can with everything in life but all i will say is the risks are way outweightd by the benefits when the band truly does its job, so taking that risk for me was the right choice as it was for 90% op people on this thread, think of the positives and look frowrd to the fututre, dont see the op as a negtive, this will get you to where you want to be. I am at the stage where if someone asks me how i have lost 8 stone i tell them with pride whereas 8 months ago i kept it quiet apart from friends and family.

Oh frederik is Dr c right hand man in theatre and does ll the running around to and fro the hotels.

All the best

Garry xx

Edited by garrymcfall

Thanx for the info Garry. Like SharonT I was told I would be meeting Dr Chris on at 8pm at the Hotel, Who is Frederik? Ok Smarty Pants see if you know the answere to this one. I know I shouldn't have but I read Ann Diamonds blog have you seen it, she said she was operated on in Belgium, and they put the band around her asophagus instead of the stomach, and it was a real cock up. She also ranted on at how they didn't speak very good English ect, Well I know you Speak highly of the service. Do you know who did her op? Please say it wasn't Dr Chris!!!

Hi all happy new year to you all,

Just a quick point to clear up, Anne Diamond had her first band fitted in Bruges not Brussells and with a different surgeon, not Dr Chris. However the band can slip if abused. Her second band was fitted by the hospital group and was successful, those cynical ones like me might think it was done to reduce the amount of bad press Ann Diamond generated about her band experiences around that time.

I'm still having problems with night reflux so the band is going to be unfilled again, so no more weight loss for me for a good while at least. I'm not overly worried its still good being sized 14

Hi all happy new year to you all,

Just a quick point to clear up, Anne Diamond had her first band fitted in Bruges not Brussells and with a different surgeon, not Dr Chris. However the band can slip if abused. Her second band was fitted by the hospital group and was successful, those cynical ones like me might think it was done to reduce the amount of bad press Ann Diamond generated about her band experiences around that time.

I'm still having problems with night reflux so the band is going to be unfilled again, so no more weight loss for me for a good while at least. I'm not overly worried its still good being sized 14

Hey mags

nice to hear from you, thnks for nipping that in the bud, sorry about the reflux but you must be happy where you have got too.

gx

hi

found this site very informative can anyone please give me the email address/phone number for dr de byrues as am interested in going the direst route as this seems cheaper

thanks

julie

8 stone wow no wonder your proud of yourself. So you should be and you look great too. Thankx for putting our minds at rest and for the support.

Hi mmm Thanx for that info, I have to admit I am a bit like you, she went on fat club and big brother trying to revive her career, and lets face it she has enough money that she could have gone to a private hospital anywhere but it has done it's job as we are talking about her!!! as for being a size 14 that is great I will be happy at that it's been a long time since I was that size. Well done and keep up the good work.

hi

found this site very informative can anyone please give me the email address/phone number for dr de byrues as am interested in going the direst route as this seems cheaper

thanks

julie

hi there

here is dr chris email and his sidekick frederik, if you write a mail to dr c then frederik will reply as he manages everything.

If u need anymore info just raise your hand.

chris.debruyne@advalvas.be

frederik.serneels@ecfs.be

Hi mmm Thanx for that info, I have to admit I am a bit like you, she went on fat club and big brother trying to revive her career, and lets face it she has enough money that she could have gone to a private hospital anywhere but it has done it's job as we are talking about her!!! as for being a size 14 that is great I will be happy at that it's been a long time since I was that size. Well done and keep up the good work.

If anyone is interested in Anne Diamonds journey and fight with her weight there is a web site for buddies, where she tells her story and admits that she didnt know about fills etc and did no research what so ever, however now she has found the correct information and a successful bandfit. Good luck to her, because we all know that we have reached rock bottom with our fight with the fat, and have taken extreme measures to help us on our way, it must be much harder for those in the public eye or who are well known. I saw her on QVC this week with her range of jewellery, and she looked FAB. I am so lucky to have been able to sort out my weight problem in privacy, but with the support of my friend in this group.

Hi Gary I'm so pleased for you when I see your ticker its like your doing it for both of us ---- it'll soon be our bandaversary.

hi gary

Thanks for that i have emailed him tonight, trouble is my bmi is 32 so not sure if they will let me have it done, hopin the fact im a nurse and my knee joints are gettin worse that it might help, but i'll wait and see

well done on everyones weight loss u ve all done amazingly well

Julie x

hi gary

Thanks for that i have emailed him tonight, trouble is my bmi is 32 so not sure if they will let me have it done, hopin the fact im a nurse and my knee joints are gettin worse that it might help, but i'll wait and see

well done on everyones weight loss u ve all done amazingly well

Julie x

Hi julie, no problem, i aint sure what his borderline is as he had bad press last year about this however if you private message(mmm) on here and ask mags (hope you dont mind me saying this mags) i am sure she will help as we were done on the same day and mags was below the BMI line, either that or eat llike hell nd put a wee bit on, another wee bit of advice is and i really should not be saying this is, tell him a false weight that puts your bmi to the right level and dont have a consultation, you can do this and when you get there you tell them you have done really well on your pre-op diet, for this to work there cant be a big difference but find out his acceptable level and see what weight you would need to be to be that BMI and decide if you think its doable. I wont go to heaven for this.

PM me if you want to chat more about it.

gx

gx

Hello Everyone

Just a quick welcome to all the new names i have seen pop up!

I am so bored of the snow i may be forced to do a work out video!

x