Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

No it doesnt matter, you have come so far and even with the big shoulder pads you still look so svelte.

Reading your advice to Starsky I see you say when youve got restriction you know. I have had 4 fills and Im going for my fifth on Tuesday. At the moment I can eat not too badly and would say the band is defo working as Portion Control however the nearer it comes to my next fill I do feel the bands tightness wearing off slightly. I can still eat a fairly normal portion maybe slightly smaller than average but not tiny. So Im slightly confused as to what real restriction is. I dont want to get that I cant eat anything or only mushy food especially over christmas but I dont want to be able to eat anything. Can you give any advice on this. Jx:cursing:

Svelte - good word!

The restriction question is such as difficult one! Portion control is the way you want the band to be working! Ok so i thought i would put what i eat in a typical day.

Breakfast - nothing...some people can eat in the morning i can never eat until lunchtime.

lunch - half a bowl of Soup and maybe a couple of crackerbread

dinner - if im eating out il have fish or risotto coz i know i can eat those in a reasonable amount of time. If im at home then i will have chicken etc but it takes me ages to eat.

My Dinner portion is the same as a starter in a restaurant, i could just order a starter instead of a main and be hapy but i always think it looks a bit weird if you do that.

The bad thing with me at the moment is that i prob eat more chocolate and cake now than i did before the band because i dont feel as guilty and they are easy to eat! If i cut out the lattes and the chocolate then i could probably lose those eight pounds.

I think that when most people achieve proper restriction then you will not be able to eat anything other than mushy stuff for a week or so but it will ease off after that and you can re introduce other foods into your diet. Even when you get propr restriction you will still need to have adjustments quite regularly until you get near to goal. I had one adjustment in august and i may have another after xmas but i will see how it goes.

There is no easy answer unfortunatley, if you reach a good level of restiction on Tues then you may not be able to eat everything you want to over xmas but then the stuff you want to eat would prob not help you lose!

Svelte - good word!

The restriction question is such as difficult one! Portion Control is the way you want the band to be working! Ok so i thought i would put what i eat in a typical day.

Breakfast - nothing...some people can eat in the morning i can never eat until lunchtime.

lunch - half a bowl of Soup and maybe a couple of crackerbread

dinner - if im eating out il have fish or risotto coz i know i can eat those in a reasonable amount of time. If im at home then i will have chicken etc but it takes me ages to eat.

My Dinner portion is the same as a starter in a restaurant, i could just order a starter instead of a main and be hapy but i always think it looks a bit weird if you do that.

The bad thing with me at the moment is that i prob eat more chocolate and cake now than i did before the band because i dont feel as guilty and they are easy to eat! If i cut out the lattes and the chocolate then i could probably lose those eight pounds.

I think that when most people achieve proper restriction then you will not be able to eat anything other than mushy stuff for a week or so but it will ease off after that and you can re introduce other foods into your diet. Even when you get propr restriction you will still need to have adjustments quite regularly until you get near to goal. I had one adjustment in august and i may have another after xmas but i will see how it goes.

There is no easy answer unfortunatley, if you reach a good level of restiction on Tues then you may not be able to eat everything you want to over xmas but then the stuff you want to eat would prob not help you lose!

Thanks Carrie Jess thats a bit clearer now. Jx

Hi everyone, it's fatpants here!

Well I thought that I should share this experience that I have had with whome ever it might help!

I was banded on the:

17 March 2009, weighing in at 16 stones 5 lbs.

23/4 weight loss: 12 lbs, fill: 3mls

28/5 3 lbs, 2mls

25/6 9lbs 0.75mls

30/7 6lbs 0.5mls

After these fills I felt I had reached some sort of restriction, what ever this may be? My portions were less, I very rarely felt hungry. We went on a 'full board' holiday for 3 weeks in October, I ate what I felt like and only put on 2 lbs and lost this on my return home. However my weight seem to plateau, I still ate the same smaller portions, didn't feel hungry but the weight wasn't budging. At the end of November my sister asked me if I wanted to go on a 4 day diet with her, so I thought why not, it might kick start my weight loss again, which it did....2 days into the 'healthy' diet I got really bad indegestion. 3rd day in the morning I went out before the kids went to school to the chemist to get some Cavonia, and carried on with the diet. I knew that there were some things I shouldn't bew eating with the band, like grapefruit, raw celery & tomatoes, I just thought if I chop them up really well and chew them thoroughly they'll go down fine! Well that night was terrible! I took the cavonia before going to bed, then I got up and got a glass of warm milk, what a nightmare! I was waking up with my mouth full of stuff as well as girdled milk!

Thank god Chris was coming to Edinburgh that day, we drove straight down, I was in terrible pain, I thought I was having a heart attack! Within 2 minuites in Chris's office all the pain was gone, he withdrew saline from my band told me to swallow then put some back, he held back 2mls.

It turns out I had a blockage, from the 'bad' food, this caused acid to go up into my Oesophagus causing horrendous pain and discomfort.

And the moral of the story is: Do not become impatient with the proccess, allow it to take it's own time, you have gone to all the expense of having a band fitted, the weight is going to come off. The more weight you have to lose the faster it comes off, the less weight you have to lose the longer it takes, it will happen in the end! So be patient!

Take care everyone

Fatpants

Thats too true fatpant i know how impatient i was to get total restriction and then when i got relay tight i was like sh1t i dont know if i like this.I never had it as bad as yourself but i did have it where i could hardly get Water down and had acid reflux during the night making me sick during my sleep which is not a good experience.So as fatpants say be patient.

Well thats me had my monthly weigh in and i have lost 3lb taking me to a total of 7 and a half stone.I did want to loose a bit more in the run up to Christmas but its still a loss.Just hope i dont put much or any weight on over Christmas as my Xmas used to start about the 5th of dec buying in loads of goody's and crap and booze and that was me till after new year until i started the NEW DIET so this year hopefully will be different fingers crossed.

Your looking great in your photo carriejess your legs are relay slim they are as thick as my arms.lol

How did yous two get on today timeisnow and homecare?

Your doing great Bobo. I lost 4lbs this month which was pure fat so Wendy says. Ive now lost 60% of my total overweight body mass so quite pleased. I know I didnt have as much to loose as some of you have but Dr Chris says the less you have to loose the slower it is so quite pleased with my progress.

Going to my works christmas night out on Friday and looking forward to it. Normally Im looking for a dress that will hide my lumps and bumps but this year Ive got my choice the only problem is Im a size 13. The 14s seem a bit loose and the 12s a bit tight but hey ho its a good complaint.

How did you get on TIN. Havent heard from you in a while.

I took my sis and her partner for their first fill yesterday and they have done great! She has lost 15lbs and he has lost 23lb since their op so really pleased.

Oliver dog if you read this she would really like to know how your doing. Jx

Hi all,

just joined today. We (hubbie and me) are having our surgery with Chris on 29th Dec. Just wondering about something as we are going to move abroad in February, does anyone know if you can get fills in New York if you didnt have your surgery there. Also I'm afraid that I'll really miss food, I love to eat and to feel full and still stuff more in, has anyone else experienced this and how did they get on after surgery?

Edited by adcol

Hi all,

just joined today. We are having our surgery on 29th Dec. Just wondering, we are going to move abroad in February, does anyone know if you can get fills in New York if you didnt have your surgery there. Also I'm afraid that I'll really miss food, I love to eat and to feel full and still stuff more in, has anyone else experienced this and how did they get on after surgery?

First of all welcome to the site .You wont look back after you get the surgery.For getting fills in new york you would be best starting a new thread asking the new yorkers about where they get there fill for the area you are going to be staying in but i cant see it being a problem for fills.

I like you was thinking the same that i would miss my food and that i dont know if i want to get the band as i like eating so much .But the truth is there is nothing i cant eat after getting the band.The difference is i can only eat a quarter of the size portions i used to .

Plus you will get used to the fact if you stuff your face you will be in a lot of pain .The restriction of the band prevents you from doing this plus you feel fuller quicker with the band.

If you have any more questions just ask everyone on heres been at the same stage as yourself

thanks for getting back to me. Congrats on your weight loss. Will start a new thread on that. I've read about the restriction thing not working and this is worrying me. I was hoping to loose about 4 stone between now and August (then I'd be in a healthy BMI) as we were hoping to start trying for a baby then. Has anyone been pregnant with the band and what was it like. Also we will be flying long haul every month and short haul every week, I'm hoping that this wont be too big of a problem.

Fatpants here!

Has anyone had a Tummy Tuck With Dr Chris? Or anywhere else for that mater! If so, do you have any useful information you can share.

Thank you

Fatpants

Wow as usual lots of posts since I was here last and I just dont have the time to read them all, so apologies to everyone.

Bo Bo, thanx so much for the nice compliment, that was really nice of you.

Carrie you look amazing, you are some babe now aintcha!!!

Fatpants and Homecare great to hear from you both xxx

Adcol, firstly...welcome good luck with you're trying for a baby when you've lost your weight. Actually I was looking at your profile and you're not really much overweight for your height are you.

But why does it say you are going for your op in 1969? lol

I had to read it 3 times, and it does say that lol.

My daughter has a band and has been pregnant and so has Mmm's daughter, so plenty of info around.

I went for a fill with freddyboy today, he is a sweetie, but he said he couldnt put back in the 3 he took out in early October, he put in 2 and a quarter, which I dont feel is enough.

he told me to stay on liquids for 3 days, to give my body chance to get used to the restriction again.

I have gained 4lbs according to his scales, but I have been bad since I came home from my hols, eating and drinking anything, though not big portions, must be the alcohol.

If I need another fill, I'll have to wait until after Crimbo now, seems unfortunate that I have to cough up another 90 quid, cos I'm greedy.

Maggs I'm waiting for the pics of the new baby btw lol.

Soon kids xxxx

Fatpants here!

Has anyone had a Tummy Tuck With Dr Chris? Or anywhere else for that mater! If so, do you have any useful information you can share.

Thank you

Fatpants

Wish i had had a tummy tuck from anyone!! My Mum had a tummy tuck through beaucare in belgium, she was so pleased she had a facelift by the same people a year later!

Wish i had had a Tummy Tuck from anyone!! My Mum had a tummy tuck through beaucare in belgium, she was so pleased she had a facelift by the same people a year later!

Hi Carriejess,

Do you know roughly how much your Mum paid for her Tummy Tuck? I got my band fitted in March 2009 and some time since then Chris told me it cost 1500 euros, 3 weeks ago he said it cost 2500 euros?

So I'm looking for some enlightenment!

Fatpants

hi all, merry christmas, nice to catch up, i still have mega restriction and thats from a fill at the end of october so i am pretty chuffed, so for those that are not quite there it will come and oh my god you will know about it hahahahahaha. i have now lost 7.5 stone so pretty please, wud love to loose another 6 pound by christmas then my weight would begin with a 20 woop woop.

Some days i have even thought of a defill as i can eat next to nothing but thats why i got it, so bring on the turkey allbeit in a thimble but look out chocolates and trifle i will eat you. hahahahaha

gxxxx

Hi Carriejess,

Do you know roughly how much your Mum paid for her Tummy Tuck? I got my band fitted in March 2009 and some time since then Chris told me it cost 1500 euros, 3 weeks ago he said it cost 2500 euros?

So I'm looking for some enlightenment!

Fatpants

I have no idea im afraid but i think they list the costs on their website?

Heyy guyss .. Basically i jus swallowd half of my chewing gum nd im really scared it ws jus 1 of dem reflex things cn ny1 enlighte

me thanks tc x s x