Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Heyy guys... Ure ryt things happen for a reason.. My doc myt b able to get me d fills in nhs so fingers crossed bt if nt iv gt a lump sum put away for emergancy wich i think ill use for the 6month package but il c how things go.. Nyways tc and thanks for ure support x s x

Heyy guys... Ure ryt things happen for a reason.. My doc myt b able to get me d fills in nhs so fingers crossed bt if nt iv gt a lump sum put away for emergancy wich i think ill use for the 6month package but il c how things go.. Nyways tc and thanks for ure support x s x

That's great news if you can get them on the nhs, keep us updated!

Freckles you look fab in your pics and that chocolate looks amazing!

Hi Carriejess

Can you give me some words of wisdom, since you have been working with your band for over a year now and doing so well ??

I have just come back from my 3rd fill and have 5.25cc in my 7-9cc band but I do not feel any different or restriction. I can eat almost anything and still reasonable size portions. Can you advise what level of band fill will get me to restriction. I am so impatient, I was really hoping to be eating baby portions after my 3rd fill.........am I trying to rush things cus at the moment I feel very demotivated and cant see how the weight is ever going to come off ?? I have not lost or put on any weight since the end of September !!

:tongue2: S. xx

Hi Carriejess

Can you give me some words of wisdom, since you have been working with your band for over a year now and doing so well ??

I have just come back from my 3rd fill and have 5.25cc in my 7-9cc band but I do not feel any different or restriction. I can eat almost anything and still reasonable size portions. Can you advise what level of band fill will get me to restriction. I am so impatient, I was really hoping to be eating baby portions after my 3rd fill.........am I trying to rush things cus at the moment I feel very demotivated and cant see how the weight is ever going to come off ?? I have not lost or put on any weight since the end of September !!

:sad: S. xx

Starsky

Dont get too disheartened we all have had that emotion, although i kind of lost 2 months through my problem, i was banded in feb and nevery really got to true restriciton till end sept, up till then i thought i had it but by chirst when you get it right you know about it. I was finding with fills that when i was getting close to what i thot was restriction it would go away agin after 10 days however i got a fill at the end of oct and today is as tight if not tighter, i can eat very little appart from chocoalte nd cakes which i have no probs however my will power is good at the mo so still loosing

If i hve a binge session on the booze i literelly cant relly eat the next day at ll as my stomch must swell, even Fluid is a struggle but after 2 days i can have Soups thendy 3 or 4 cn add solids agin but tht is self inflictied.

I think what i am saying is dont rush it as if you went from eating everything to what i have i think it would do your head in as i really hve to work t it.

good luck

gx

Gary

Thanks for your reply. My friends keep saying to me that I'm rushing it and I need to be patient but all you want to do is lose weight dont you ?!!

I dont know how I would feel if I had to wait 7 months for anything to happen, like you........it must have been really tough for you ??

Do you think that my 4th fill might do something ??

Regards

S xx

Gary

Thanks for your reply. My friends keep saying to me that I'm rushing it and I need to be patient but all you want to do is lose weight dont you ?!!

I dont know how I would feel if I had to wait 7 months for anything to happen, like you........it must have been really tough for you ??

Do you think that my 4th fill might do something ??

Regards

S xx

Hi Starsky I totally agree with what Gary says and it is a marathon not a sprint. Some people have lost weight really quickly while others take longer. Look at Fern Britton she had her band fitted for nearly 2 years before there was an out cry and people really started noticing.

As for restriction that really is like saying how longs a piece of string, everybody is different. I am going for my 5th fill next week and although I definately do have some restriction as I can only eat child size portions of food I do feel it needs tweaked slightly ie, a small 0.25 fill. I really dont want to get to the stage were I can only eat sloppy foods or Soup, I want some kind of normality but with an inbuilt Portion Control. Hope this helps Jx:bored:

Well hello there everyone.

Haven't been on here for a while - apologies, working all hours and trying to make hay while the sun shines. Not much work out there so did it while I could.

Went for my 4th fill yesterday with the lovely Fred in Dublin - goodness me there was no-one in the clinic, suppose they are all avoiding the fill because of Christmas looming.

Anyhow mentioned to Fred about this slight 'popping' :blushing:sensation that I feel under my top scar when I eat too much, or when I laugh. Turns out I have a small hernia. It can be caused by surgery and all the vomiting hasn't helped. But then again, it causes a lot of the vomiting too. Viscous circle.....

Anyhow it will mean more surgery and will probably go back to Brussels to have Chris fix it as the hospitals in Dublin aren't the best. :w00t:

Its not painful, but something I really do need to keep an eye on. It won't go away without surgery, but boy oh boy am i really thinking about what I'm eating. Really don't want to aggravate the band and just drinking at the mo, for the imminent 2 days after the fill and maybe more. Hoping the weight loss will continue!!!

Well done to all you guys on the weightloss and keep up the good work. Goodness me, we will all be at target weight soon. Roll on the Janurary sales for a new wardrobe :lol:

Thanx Maggs and Carrie xxxx

I've been dying to post these 2, they were taken on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Oz.

Me and my youngest daughter ( who, incidently has now left Oz and is in Malaysia, they fly to Thailand on Sunday where they are staying in the beach resort of Samui and then will be home in January)

It was a chocolate cafe, where everything was chocolate, you could even get chocolate pizza but didnt fancy that, and just got the dipping thing...mmm it was gorgeous.

banana bread, marshmallows and strawberries, look at the size of those strawberries! Not like the piddling little things we get here .....no wonder I put weight on eh lol.

mumsozstuff023.jpg

mumsozstuff024.jpg

Great photo freckles you look radiant in it .Although im not in to chocolate that looks good.mmmmmmmmm

Hi Carriejess

:w00t: S. xx

Hi

Sorry to hear that you are felling down but i agree with the others! Everyones restriction levels are different and when you get there you will def know and it will be a bit of a shock to the system. I know its difficult but you just need to try and resist temptation until then. Just think of it as a breather for xmas until the new year and a new you!

Just wanted to post this on here, there are just some pics that make you realise just how far you have come. I could not believe how thin i look in this picture...you cant even see my face but it doesnt matter!

post-247491-13813138957949_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to post this on here, there are just some pics that make you realise just how far you have come. I could not believe how thin i look in this picture...you cant even see my face but it doesnt matter!

WOW carriejess you look wonderful, and nobody would know from looking at that photo that you have ever battled with your weight you look so natural and glam well done and enjoy the party season.

No it doesnt matter, you have come so far and even with the big shoulder pads you still look so svelte.

Reading your advice to Starsky I see you say when youve got restriction you know. I have had 4 fills and Im going for my fifth on Tuesday. At the moment I can eat not too badly and would say the band is defo working as Portion Control however the nearer it comes to my next fill I do feel the bands tightness wearing off slightly. I can still eat a fairly normal portion maybe slightly smaller than average but not tiny. So Im slightly confused as to what real restriction is. I dont want to get that I cant eat anything or only mushy food especially over christmas but I dont want to be able to eat anything. Can you give any advice on this. Jx:cursing: