Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Sweet, I'm sorry never heard of anyone doing that, but i wouldnt worry too much, I'm sure it will be the same as normal food and pass through.

If you're unduly worried contact your surgeon or fill person.

Sorry again, good luck hunny

Fatpants here!

Has anyone had a Tummy Tuck With Dr Chris? Or anywhere else for that mater! If so, do you have any useful information you can share.

Thank you

Fatpants

HI Fatpants. I had an extended tummy tuck in 2006 by Geoffrey Wilson at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital in London. He repaired all the separated muscles (from child bearing) and umbilical hernia, then removed all the excess skin using an anchor shaped incision and resited my tummy button. It was on the NHS as my "overhang" was really bad after 6 stone weight loss, two pregnancies and massive steriod doses for asthma. I had two drains, six weeks off work and now have a beautiful flat tummy! The weight I put on since (which I'm working on with the band) has gone elsewhere as he liposuctioned out all the fat cells from my lower abdomen. I healed really well except for a small patch round the tummy button. It is unusual for people who have unhealthy diets or smoke to heal as well so that's worth considering. My scar is about 30inches long in total. You can see some of the scar line in the photo of my band wounds on my profile. Do hope this has helped. Feel free to pm me if you want to know more. Best wishes

SP

hi , Is anyone going to be banded on the 15Jan10 by Dr Chris in Brussels? I am going on my own and was hoping to hear from other people who maybe going that day.any pre op advise ? thanks!

hi , Is anyone going to be banded on the 15Jan10 by Dr Chris in Brussels? I am going on my own and was hoping to hear from other people who maybe going that day.any pre op advise ? thanks!

hey jennyo, welcome to the forum, take some time out and read back this thread and i am sure you will find loads of advice however if you have anything particular to ask then fire away.

gaz

Where is everyone? Are you all partying / shopping / at school nativity plays?

Just an interesting fact I learned this week. As a blood donor, they don't want you to dontae for six months after surgery and for six months after each adjustment. Shame really, but useful to know.

Have a great Christmas one and all and here's to a thinner New Year! :biggrin:

My god it is awful quiet on here just now.lol

Thats interesting to know singing parrot i was actually looking at the scotblood website to find out my nearest place to get blood taken.So i will need to knock that one on the head.

Hope everyones behaving them selfs leading up to Xmas I'm going to try and be good for as long as i can too see if i can maintain my weight over the Christmas period and not put any weight on .I'm not putting any money on it right enough.lol

Hope yous all have a good one .bobo xxxx

Oh Dear

I have put a pound on already! Damn qaulity street!!!

Oh Dear

I put on a pound and a half last week and honestly dont know how or why. Oh well will have to try harder this week but not being too hard on myself as it is Christmas.

Merry Xmas and a happy New Year to all fellow bandsters. Jxxxx:tt2:

Did anyone get the news letter on the below?

Alcohol after WLS

What You Need To Know

by Connie Stapleton, PhD

"My surgeon's office repeatedly told us 'No alcohol for a year'," Debbie from NY shared in response to OH Magazine's inquiry about how alcohol affects people after they have WLS. In addition, members were asked how alcohol affected their post-op weight loss. Debbie went on to share her physician's reasons for his recommendation. First, alcohol can irritate the newly created pouch. Secondly, her doctor informs her that alcohol has an exaggerated effect on patients after surgery, noting that one drink has the equivalent effect of four drinks. Finally, alcohol, he teaches, is nothing more than empty calories with no nutritional value. Debbie said, "With all that we are trying to accomplish with weight loss, why take in more than you really need?"

Just wanted to say that I went out yesterday and had a few drinks for Christmas and had two glasses of wine and was a bit worried that it would really affect me as stated above and it didn't! I don't think that the odd glass of wine really does much harm.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Katy

Hi Katy i have a drink 2-3 times a week and it has not bothered me .Once i got the band i felt drunker quicker but this was as you were only allowed to have liquids at the start and i had nothing in my stomach to absorb the alcohol.Now there is no problem as i am eating solids and although i cant drink as much as i used to i can still shift a few bevy's when i want to .And it has not relay been to much of a problem to my weight loss.

I agree with Bobo, i do think that you just leave it out for a few weeks whilst you heal and i did find that i got drunk alot more quickly.

Other than that i have no probs, i spend less money because i need less alcohol and it takes me twice as long as my friends to finish a drink in the first place. I love wine, in fact i can be described as a bit of a wine snob but i do find that after a few glasses it does cause a bit of acid reflux and throat burning, not sure why this is... vodka and orange etc is fine.

I really disagree with all the Dr's who are food and drink nazi's i got the band to be able to think about food etc like a normal person, normal people go out and drink and have the occassional pudding. I find alot of the posts especially in America about Dr's instructions about how to eat with the band too constricting. If i was one of their patients i would have probably found it too hard to stick to like any other diet and then hate myself for slipping up etc or have turned into someone who still has major food issues!

Sorry rant over...lol Happy Christmas everyone!

i am also fair partial to a binge drink session, the only effect it has on me is it swells my stomach the next day and my band gets super, super tight.

Oh Dear

i wish i could eat to put a few pounds on, i got a fill end of oct and its still so f@@@in tight to the extent that on monday i could not even eat chocolate, probably to do with the bevvy at the weekend, should not really complain as thats why i got it.

gx

Im not too worried, it has taken me 3 weeks to put on a pound. I might have a fill in Jan, i fancy having a bit of super tight time...il get the drinking calories in in Dec. Mind you i don't want to be so tight that is difficult to get enough calories in for the gym freak routine im planning for my 2010 goal. Lol must be 8 stone 12 must be 8 stone 12 must lose 6 pounds! Then if i excerise alot i might weigh more as i put on muscle? Oh the dilema!!!!

Have a fab Xmas G if i don't get the chance to say it to you before xx

Im not too worried, it has taken me 3 weeks to put on a pound. I might have a fill in Jan, i fancy having a bit of super tight time...il get the drinking calories in in Dec. Mind you i don't want to be so tight that is difficult to get enough calories in for the gym freak routine im planning for my 2010 goal. Lol must be 8 stone 12 must be 8 stone 12 must lose 6 pounds! Then if i excerise alot i might weigh more as i put on muscle? Oh the dilema!!!!

Have a fab Xmas G if i don't get the chance to say it to you before xx

am with you babe on the empty calories, i cant eat after drinking even if i wanted too hahahahahaha, thanks you too have a fab time, you have done and look awesome so enjoy it, i know i do now, only a few more pounds to the 8 stone mark so delighted.

take care

gxxx