Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days postop... How did you feel?

I was regretting the surgery big time the first couple of days... I kept saying... We should have just gone to Olive Garden lol but things are better now... I have to be pretty slow and my mouth is always dry but now that there's no going back I'm excited to see what the future holds

Hang in there bright eyes! I posted a very similar post days ago because i was really feeling AWFUL! http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/359611-post-op-day-two-help/ I had lots of people reply they had a similar feeling. i had surgery on the 20th and yesterday (one week) I went for a walk outside for 30 minutes :) I am able to get down more, I'm off pain meds, gas meds, no nausea meds. Now of course we are all different and have different levels of tolerance to those things, but you WILL feel better soon! I wouldn't have thought so. I was thinking there was no way I'd feel like going back to work, now I feel like I'll be ready :) Hope you are feeling better today. *hug*

Thank you so much :) it really helps to talk with people who understand what you're going through... After my rant about Olive Garden I was swearing I would never put myself through skin surgery (jumping the gun i know) but we'll see... Once the pain starts to go away you're more open to possibilities lol

I put a heating pad on my chest and it helped with pain and made easier to drink

@@BrightEyes42 This Olive Garden thing cracks me up! And, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you think VSG is bad, you are in for a real treat with skin removal surgery. I had extended Tummy Tuck with muscle repair and breast lift with implants and the pain, restricted movement, and recovery were a million times worse than my sleeve surgery. With sleeve you can actually look forward to getting a lot better every day and feeling pretty normal within a month or so, once you are getting enough calories in. The recovery from skin removal takes months. It is excruciatingly painful and uncomfortable. But, going on 5 years out, that's all a distant memory and I am grateful every single day that I had it done. I even just had a long talk with my husband last night about potentially getting inner and outer thigh lifts in the fall....

That sounds like something to look forward to lol I'm 42 so I've considered breast surgery anyway but the Tummy Tuck looks brutal. I need to just focus on one day at a time. Thanks for responding

Breast lift is definitely much easier than the tummy tuck. Good to just stay focused on your current recovery though! It really does get so much better every day. And you WILL feel "normal" again. You really really will.

• I am day 3 post op. I feel better today, no pain at all. The only real pain I had was right after surgery until the next day. It was all gas pain, throughout my whole body. Especially my back and chest! I have not had one problem getting things down.. I even swallowed my bp medicine the next morning and take all of my. I take all of my medications without cutting or crushing. If I drink to fast, I will feel what feels like gas in my chest. I just take deep breaths and they go right away. Walking does wonderful the day after surgery. I was up all night at hospital so I got a lot of walking in. Not so much since I have been home. My stomach has not even been that sore since they took drain out. I do have pretty bad headaches! I really thought I would drop a good amount of weight directly after the surgery but I did not. I am only down one pound, which I am concerned about. I have not had anything to eat since last Friday except the liquids and Protein. I am hoping it is just all the fluids they gave men while there. I was amazed that I did not have not one bit of trouble swallowing. They let me suck on ice chips the night after surgery but I was taking small sips of the Water. Did not really know I couldn't. The next morning they brought me ice chips with blue food coloring and had me eat it. The blue color did not come out of my drain, so I was good to go. I then was given ice Water and Protein drinks and they tasted delicious. So other than headaches and being tired, I am doing great. Plan on taking a walk tomorrow!

My gallbladder, hernia repair and sleeve was done on Tuesday the 26th. I had 3 hours in recovery and remember done of it. I had terrible pain under my left breast and it didn't ease up until Thursday. Now it come back when I try to drink Protein Soup or shakes or for no reason at all. They had me up and in the bathroom on Wednesday. I could hardly move and couldn't get off the toilet. They had to get a PT with a lift belt and three of them managed to get me back to bed. The Dr wanted me to leave Wed and I and the nurses told him no way was I able to leave. At one point my BP bottom number dropped down to 38..I am so tired and have been having trouble sleeping today. I know I had 2 more surgeries then most and keep saying give it time you will be feeling better. I have not one regretted have the surgeries and look forward to the weigh loss due to come. I hope you are all feeling better and getting through this first week. .

I was sleeved on the 27th and I can't believe how much pain I am in. I have a pretty high pain tolerance so I thought this was going to be a piece of cake. Boy was I wrong. I've been taking my pain meds regularly and still any movement makes me want to cry. My original plan was to go back to work on Monday. That's not happening.

I tried to go shopping at costco today (on a Saturday what was I thinking) and was so drained after I slept for three hours... I think it is going to take longer than I thought to recover too... I'm starting to get hungry again and that's frustrating because my stomach is still raw and Jello only does so much... I hope that you guys start feeling better soon

I tried to go shopping at costco today (on a Saturday what was I thinking) and was so drained after I slept for three hours... I think it is going to take longer than I thought to recover too... I'm starting to get hungry again and that's frustrating because my stomach is still raw and Jello only does so much... I hope that you guys start feeling better soon

I know what you mean, I'm still getting tired pretty easy and my head hunger is really getting me. I feel like I'm so so hungry, and then to sit down with something and have to really make sure I go slow. And I can't get in anywhere near what my mind thought I would. Now I'm full after eating, but it's hard to block out my mind and listen to my new baby stomach!

Jello got old really quick, as well as chicken broth. Today I cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, then mixed the chicken breast, the broth from it with Campbell's cream of chicken Soup and put that into my nutra ninja. Added just a little chicken broth to make sure it was my doctors suggested "sippy and drippy" and it was really good. I know the cream Soups aren't the most healthy but I just wanted some flavor!!!! I ate it slow, made sure to "chew" any little pieces of chicken that were left, and I didn't have that "ugh" feeling after. It's really hard sticking with the stage so I've tried all sorts of things. Also got Campbell's vegetable soup and ground it up to no chunks and it was good.

Hang in there brighteyes! You are not alone!!!! post-264319-14542216236616_thumb.jpg

That all sounds great lol I have another week before I can try puréed food and when I first thought about it I was thinking... No thank you... But now that I'm getting really hungry it sounds awesome! By the time I get to puréed foods I'll have been on a mostly liquid diet for six weeks and I am so ready to eat again. My biggest hope is that my stomach will still enjoy Mexican food lol fingers crossed