Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days postop... How did you feel?

i have read and been told that the sleeve postop just feels like you have done too many situps... this post is a little scarier!

what should I be expecting? surgery is next week!

Too many situps is a good description. I think they had to move me around to some odd positions. ( to take selfies with :P ). This is midnight so day 4 just ended for me. No pain meds needed since my first night home for me. Mostly now it's gas pain. I still have some soreness and weird painful tugging sensations when I sit still too long or stretch.

This is a rather long first hand account of my wake up time.

So when I first woke up, it was an, "Oh crap this isn't good moment." Me being an idiot in general I decided I was having gas pains and was going to flop over on my left side. Numerous voices told me not to. I did it anyway. I have a lovely 4" wide bruise where the IV used to be. Once I was settled down and lucid enough to get handed the little magical clicker I played that sucker like I was keith moon. They asked me about it later and I said sorry, I wasn't sure I was actually hitting the button, so I'd click it a few extra times to make sure.

Someone handed me my phone during this stage. I'm guessing my mother as she was the only person within a hundred or so miles who knew me. So I began sort of the ultimate in drunk text a thon 2016. I did that for a while, and eventually settled in on one particular target who told me to bother her when I was waking up as she has had similar procedures done and would lend a sympathetic ear. And that she would save my drugged up ramble-a-thon for a particularly embarrassing review later on. Challenge accepted.

Most of my pain during that phase I'm pretty sure was gas pain. Then they got me back to that room and the soreness set in. It's like too much too strenuous exercise. Too many sit ups. The day after your first big hit in football practice for the year. The day after shoveling your driveway.

@@RoscoColetrain Awesome post. Too funny! I think it should be illegal to give any post-op patient a cell phone until 24 hours post-op. I have heard some great stories about people making some hysterical calls and texts in their drug-induced haze!

I apologized to her beforehand about whatever innapropriateness i was about to spout. She being a devil woman promptly got out every recording medium she could lay hands on.

I just hope i didn't tell that one nurse or visitor or whatever she was to shut up. Good lord i was about to crawl over there and stuff her head full of gauze so i could drift off. Recovery rooms must move at 99% the speed of light because every minute is an eternity.

I feel regret today. I have six days before I can even eat puréed foods and I can't imagine what would even taste good puréed. It's so strange only being able to consume such a tiny amount. Today it's hard to imagine feeling "normal" again. Don't get me wrong... I still want better health and a longer life with my children more than anything but today I feel regret :(

I don't feel regret but I totally feel like this liquids phase is dragging on even slower now. I thought it would get better by now but OMG this sucks. Been on for two weeks. Tuesday I can have soft foods and I think I'll be a much happier person!!!

I feel regret today. I have six days before I can even eat puréed foods and I can't imagine what would even taste good puréed. It's so strange only being able to consume such a tiny amount. Today it's hard to imagine feeling "normal" again. Don't get me wrong... I still want better health and a longer life with my children more than anything but today I feel regret :(

I can't imagine eating anything puréed. My Dr allows his patients to take small bites and chew to the point of a puréed consistency.

Hang in there, once you can move on past the liquids only phase it does get better.

You will feel normal again! I remember that was the question I asked myself most in those early days. I'm pretty sure I even posted it on here a few times. "Will I ever feel normal again!??!?!" But I eventually did and you will too! It's hard to believe right now, I know, but you really really will.

As for the pureed stage, I never once ate any actual pureed food. I had my Protein shakes, yogurt, and recipes from this page:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

The Baked Ricotta saved me!

@@BrightEyes42 I'm ending week 1 of purees and it really hasn't been bad. I eat a lot of Soups, Tomato and basil, split pea, lentil with Italian sausage, or I make the ricotta bake mentioned above or refried Beans with cheese. I'm making a chili this weekend and will see how it is blended.

i have read and been told that the sleeve postop just feels like you have done too many situps... this post is a little scarier!

what should I be expecting? surgery is next week!

I feel like a lot of it depends on your age and how active you are before surgery. I was sleeved on 2/1 and the pain immediately after surgery was AWFUL, but by the time they got me to my room, it really wasn't too bad. The next day I was up taking plenty of walks, and that's when it simply felt like I had done too many sit ups. By 2/3 I'm sore, but I'm up doing my normal stuff, even walking my 55 pound puppy!

I'm 26 years old and used to walking over 3 miles a day, but I also have a high tolerance for pain. Hope this helps!

I'm not in a lot of pain, but my throat is sore and I feel like I have a double ear infection. I'm assuming (and hoping) this is from all the tubes being in my nose and throat.

I'm eight days po now and FINALLY starting to feel better. The pain is still there but it has definitely lessened.

2 days post op myself now - had mine 2nd Feb and so far I've been amazed at how good I feel. Taking liquid down too hot or too cold is a problem but I was so sick of crushed meds that I went in for swallowing them whole this morning with a little warm milk for Breakfast. All stayed down. Feel full after the smallest time and always feels like I'm drinking something every minute of the day so far and as I drink I get belchy bubbly returns and the weirdest feeling of being full and hungry at the same time!! :)

You will feel normal again! I remember that was the question I asked myself most in those early days. I'm pretty sure I even posted it on here a few times. "Will I ever feel normal again!??!?!" But I eventually did and you will too! It's hard to believe right now, I know, but you really really will.

As for the pureed stage, I never once ate any actual pureed food. I had my Protein shakes, yogurt, and recipes from this page:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

The Baked Ricotta saved me!

OMgosh that sounds so good. I bookmarked the page and will be trying this once I get to that phase. Thanks a million for posting the site.