Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days postop... How did you feel?

I'm on day 7 now. The first couple of days, were ugh. but like people say, it gets steadily better. I get to move on to pureed stuff tomorrow. Woohoo.

Woke myself up by turning over too fast this am and had a sharp "tug" thing happen. weirded me out. Called the docs and they said to watch it. The usual culprits. fever, nausea, pain, etc and get thee to an ER.

none of that happening though. guess i just pulled on something

Hang in there.. 2nd day was rough..plenty of pain, could only get like a few oz of Fluid down...but i promise it will get better.. day 4 and 5 were drasticly different day 6 to 8 i was back to work on light pain meds..but the biggest thing is to walk walk walk.. get up and get moving every few hours.. I did it at work and when I got home..

I know my dog thought I was stupid as days 3 through 5 I walked around the house every few hours and my dog followed me all around the house each time.. but I felt so much better than just sitting the entire time.

Surgery on Jan 25, 2016.... Jan 26 was the worst day of my life....pain and nausea, hypertention....in ICU for 2 nights, they through everything at me, then i suddenly took a turn for the better.

4 days total in hospital. Now, nearly 2 weeks basically all meds have stopped other than a blood pressure tablet and the clexane. Seems the early couple of days are filled with WTF have I done moments

Yes when the nurses stripped my drain I got SEVERE cramps that led to pain the rest of the day and night! I took Dilaudid 0.2 mg hourly the first night (my surgeon doesn't like PCA pumps), the next day they added Lortab elixer which helped a LOT! I was discharged Weds and have taken pain meds 3 times Weds, twice Thurs, once Fri and none today! So hang in there!!

I'm one week post-op and days 2 and 3 were my worst by far. I was extremely emotional, in pain, and couldn't get many liquids down at all. By days 4/5, I had so much more energy and went off of my pain medication. I promise you it gets better!

Edited by sweetcarolinagirl

2 days in and I'm in so much pain... I had to take anti nauseous medication... Deep breaths hurt

2 days? I was asleep!

I was sleeved 2 days ago and having severe pain above my belly button and to the right whenever I try to stand from sitting or cough. It's like someone is sticking a knife in and twisting. Or even ripping yikes! Anyone else experience this? Any tips?

I too was sleeved on Thursday. The belly button is definitely sore. The pain on my right side was probably air (we saw it in the swallow test ). Coughing is awful. Hell, a hiccup hurt. Things that work for me: a small stool next to the bed so easier in and out. I'm still hunched over while walking. I feel your pain though.

Hello all- 3 days post op and finding your posts very helpful! Very little pain only the gas causing that bad cramp like feelings. They were right about the walking! Walk walk walk!!

2 days in and I'm in so much pain... I had to take anti nauseous medication... Deep breaths hurt

Im on day two. Yesterday was painful. Shoulder and back. Thank goodness no nausea. Today (day two) feeling much better. just started sipping gaterade.

I walk alot and i try to stretch my arms up in the air. makes my torso feel better.

i also had my hubby massage my back and shoulder. Drain color looks good. Doctor is going to remove drain tonight

The shoulder pain was the WORST! Y'all hang in there. It gets better! Wednesday will be 4 weeks out for me and other than changing the eating of course I feel back to myself. Still atruggle with the 64 oz of liquid. That's tough!!!!

Tuesday will be 4 weeks post op for me. The first 2 days are the worse but things will get better soon. I see the surgeon for my 1 month followup on Friday. Incisions are almost gone and all food I am eating is staying down. I have the full feeling when eating My lower shoulder back pain left when I was finally allowed to eat an egg a day for a week. This week I am averaging about 1/2 cup of cottgae cheese for Breakfast, 2 oz of turkey, or fish, and 1/4 cup of refried Beans for lunch and maybe an oz or 2 of turkey or fish and a cheese stick dinner and a yogurt or shake as a snack. So I am getting in the 60 Protein and calories are around 400 to 500.

Did start to ride my trike on Friday and have been doing more around the house until about 4 pm than I start getting really tired but not enough to fall asleep. Granted I did have 3 different surgeries on Jan 26th but I am thinking come Friday the Dr will be releasing me to head back to work on the 1st of March. Still being disabled and having to use the electric scooter I hope I can do a 6 hour day by than.

I had a longer surgery because they discovered a hiatal hernia and had to fix that first. Surgery ended up being 3 hours long. I am a week post op today and I still have a bit of pain on my left side where the big incision is. I'm having trouble getting enough Protein in because all of a sudden I can't stand the premier Protein shakes. I'm going to have to try something else. Does anyone have suggestions on what they drank during the liquid diet stage to get the Protein?

You had 2 surgeries in 3 hours. Wow that seems long. I had 3 surgeries in 2 hours. My time in the recovery was 3 hours as they had trouble getting my pain under control. Tomorrow I will be 4 weeks post op and everything I am eating is staying down and I am not having any problems with getting in my protein or my Water. These surgeries were the past thing I ever did and I am looking forward to being much healthier. Mt Dr told me being positive helps in recovery and that is what I am doing. Have had no real negative thought and my incisions are almost completely gone. I see the surgeon on Friday for my 1 month followup and as of today I have lost 21 pounds. I hope a few more will come off by Friday but if not I am sure he will still be happy. I know I am.Good luck with the next stage of your food. I hope things get easier for you as time goes on.

OOPs I guess I should read the whole thread before I post. Sorry for the repeat.