Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days postop... How did you feel?

The second day was my worst day. It was the only day I experienced nausea bad enough to cause dry heaving (no food to throw up). Plus I had severe cramps (felt like menstrual cramps) which turned out to be caused by my drain. I promise it gets easier day by day. Hang in there!

I'm just now 4 weeks out. 2nd day was my hardest. I slept in the recliner the first two nights and then everything began to get better. I used nausea med on the 2nd & 3rd day and only recall using the liquid pain med for a couple of days. By the 4th day I was feeling much better and in the kitchen cooking, a little for my hubby.

Feeling any better today? I think I had noticeable improvement n day 4 and then it was a more gradual thing from there on out. The first few weeks suck pretty hard. Once you get over the pain/discomfort and general ickiness from the surgery, then it's like a full time job keeping track of your Protein, Vitamins, and Water and figure out how to space everything out so you get it all in while also napping like three times a day. The fatigue clings on for a while until you are back on more real foods and can get some calories in. Just focus on getting through each day right now. There IS light at the end of the tunnel, but it feels so far away in those early days. It's very common to experience regret in those first couple of days/weeks, but ask anyone a few months out and they will all tell you it was WELL worth it.

Another thing to keep in mind for this first little stretch is that as the fat breaks down and you lose weight, a whole bunch of hormones are going to be released into your blood stream, so if you experience mood swings or cry a lot (I did!), that is most likely why.

Walking around a moving no probs.....but drinking anything was HORRIBLE. I questioned my surgery for over a month

I couldn't drink anything in the hospital. I felt horrible day one, Slept all day..day two they took me off the IV and I could move about my room freely. I was able to walk some. I was able to drink once I got home, I didn't feel normal till day 7-8.

I still have issues with being tired, losing energy but I'm getting better.

I'm day 3 and still feel pretty crappy. Just nauseated and tired. Supposed to be on liquids, but the thought of a Protein shake makes me want to hurl.

On my 2nd day I cried for hours regretting my decision, wishing I could go pack because of the pain. I'm on day 4 and it's getting easier, I'm sure in a week or 2 we'll both be fine :)

Late in the day on day 3 was my turning point for the better. Hang in there!

Hi, I'm on day two post op as well and it makes me feel 100x better that I'm not the only one suffering! When I was dry heaving this morning after just drinking some Water, I had the same thoughts and doubts.

Thanks for the stories and anecdotes, it's going to make this process so much easier.

I am day 4 post-op and I am feeling so much better!! Day 2 was probably the worst. I was very nauseous. And the gas pains.... Ugh, those are the WORST! Walking does help though.

I am struggling the most with Water intake. It's really hard to get down. I just started drinking crystal light and that has been the easiest to get down.

I am day 4 post-op and I am feeling so much better!! Day 2 was probably the worst. I was very nauseous. And the gas pains.... Ugh, those are the WORST! Walking does help though.

I am struggling the most with Water intake. It's really hard to get down. I just started drinking crystal light and that has been the easiest to get down.

Try marching in place while sipping. It seemed to help me a little for some reason.