Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days postop... How did you feel?

I am day 5 and feeling better and better each day.

Day 3 was the turning point for me, I was due to be discharged at 2pm that day and when I woke up at 7am I just thought it would never happen, I felt so bad, the idea of walking out of the hospital seemed like an impossibility but within a few hours I just felt so much better.

I am definitely questioning my decision but I know it is part of the process - just looking forward to getting past the liquid diet!

It's hard not to question it when it's such a drastic change in our lives. I started to guzzle Water today while watching tv and not thinking about it. I freaked out. Luckily I caught myself right away. I went to costco today and the whole place smelled like blueberry muffins and I still have another week before I move to puréed foods. I am starting to notice little changes in my body so that's exciting. I looked at an ad today and actually allowed myself to browse through the clothes that aren't plus sized. There are sacrifices with this decision but I'm excited about the rewards :) we can do this. This site means so much to me. I feel like it's a place where I fit in when that hasn't always been the case in my life. Thank you so much to all of you and your stories ❤️

It's hard not to question it when it's such a drastic change in our lives. I started to guzzle Water today while watching tv and not thinking about it. I freaked out. Luckily I caught myself right away. I went to costco today and the whole place smelled like blueberry muffins and I still have another week before I move to puréed foods. I am starting to notice little changes in my body so that's exciting. I looked at an ad today and actually allowed myself to browse through the clothes that aren't plus sized. There are sacrifices with this decision but I'm excited about the rewards :) we can do this. This site means so much to me. I feel like it's a place where I fit in when that hasn't always been the case in my life. Thank you so much to all of you and your stories ❤️

I feel exactly the same about this site. I would be completely freaking out right now about this regret I am feeling if I hadn't have read so many people who had the same feelings.

It seems to just be part of the process so I am just taking it in my stride :)

I don't think people realize how serious this surgery is how you recover is what's gonna make you or break you I'm not trying to rush any process of this follow excalty what the surgeon says I'm not anxious I just look at it as I'm a baby learning how to eat again the breakdowns of interdicting new food to my new tummy is how I'm looking at it of course time and place for each step that's where my heads at right now and I go for my surgery on Feb 2nd????

Was sleeved the 28th. The pain took me by surprise. I was expecting the gas and nausea. Not the hips knees thighs... Day 4 now and things are improving but i still burble like a potheads garage.

my surgery was the 27th and i have really been feeling pretty good although struggling to get in fluids. today i feel MISERABLE! so weak. i got in more liquids today but doing this for 9 more days until soft foods is going to kill me it feels like. its terrible but i am not even craving like my comfort food staples! even healthy food sounds amazing right now, like a scrambled egg or some Beans or cheese. everything liquid i am officially sick of and i am praying the 10th will hurry up and get here!!!

I broke down today about the permanence of it all. I have become sick of the Protein Shakes and I miss actually eating a meal with my family so much. I am better now but it was rough for a minute. I keep telling myself it was the right decision and it won't always be this way. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

i have read and been told that the sleeve postop just feels like you have done too many situps... this post is a little scarier!

what should I be expecting? surgery is next week!

i have read and been told that the sleeve postop just feels like you have done too many situps... this post is a little scarier!

The pain of the actual surgery (incision pain and such) wasn't that bad. Too many sit ups is a good description, I was off pain meds by the 4th day I think. It's just a mild sore feeling now (15 days out). It was the gas pains that were so bad. It's hard to really explain the feeling. I've never experienced anything like it. Walking does help even though it was hard to do. Not because it hurt, but I was so out of it from pain and nausea medication I felt like a zombie walking. If you have someone that will be there for you, tell them to make you do it. I had to have my mom continue to wake me up. I feel so much better now, I just wasn't prepared that I would feel that way. I don't think I would have been so upset if I was mentally prepared that it might happen. Just know it's a possibility that you may have gas pains that are very uncomfortable, BUT IT WILL GO AWAY! I had chewable gas x and had my mom make me get up and walk to move it around and out! I just didn't know it could be like that so when it happened, all I could think was "oh gosh, what did I do?" "I'm going to be the person who doesn't do well" but come to find out, it's obviously very common and just part of the process. All well worth it. On my 10 day post op appointment I had lost 18 pounds!

I broke down today about the permanence of it all. I have become sick of the Protein shakes and I miss actually eating a meal with my family so much. I am better now but it was rough for a minute. I keep telling myself it was the right decision and it won't always be this way. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Aw, I know exactly how you feel. I think we all go through that in the early days. You will get to sit down and eat a meal with your family again and it will be great. It's a big change, and it will never be the same as it was before. When you sit down and eat a big Holiday meal, it won't be a multi-course affair for you and you'll probably be done eating a good half hour or more before everyone else. But you will get to enjoy the company, get to enjoy SOME of the food, and you will feel pretty normal. Just think, by next year's Holiday season, you'll be almost a year out, probably close to your goal, and able to partake of some of the special treats!

I didn't really have any muscle or incision pain like some people seem to. My pain was all gas pain and cramps from my drain. Once my drain was removed, the gas pain was the only real pain. I also had tight constriction in my esophagus whenever I sipped my Water and it caused like a spasm in my chest, which was very uncomfortable, if not actually painful. That who deal lasted about two weeks post-op.

I had a longer surgery because they discovered a hiatal hernia and had to fix that first. Surgery ended up being 3 hours long. I am a week post op today and I still have a bit of pain on my left side where the big incision is. I'm having trouble getting enough Protein in because all of a sudden I can't stand the Premier Protein shakes. I'm going to have to try something else. Does anyone have suggestions on what they drank during the liquid diet stage to get the protein?

I'm in he same boat. Every protien I could stomach pre op now makes me at least dry heave. My saving grace is fat free milk at this point. I keep trying everyday hoping it will be better all of a sudden. Other than that I am feeling pretty good. Usually get tired early evening so not having any late nights but so far so good. Ready for the 10th and those soft foods!

It has been 6 days for me since my 3 surgeries on Tuesday last week and I have been off of the pain meds since Friday. The only pain I am having is under my right back shoulder. I am assuming it is some gas that is left but otherwise I feel like I am healing real nicely for 3 surgeries. I am not hungry but I am drinking my liquids, Protein shakes and Soups without any problems. In fact I was telling my room mate that I felt like I could now eat that 1 egg that I am suppose to start eating week 3. However I know my stomach is still healing so I will stick to the liquids. I wish everyone else was healing as easily as I am. I am sad to hear so many are still struggling. Keep pushing it will get easier each day.