Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Laura,

so glad you are feeling his kicks now! sorry its the middle of the night... i've been told (not sure how true this is) - when they wake up at night, that's their pattern they will keep when they are born. ???

as for me, i was also told that later in the pregnancy when there's not much room, the kicks will subside a bit. ummm... NOT TRUE for me!. he kicked me so hard this morning that not only did i see it thru my shirt, but we saw the sheet bounce up.. incredible. that is one thing i will really miss about being pregnant.

Heather, I too, feel him move a ton after i eat ... even if it's just a bite or two of chicken most days... since im in the hospital, they monitor me for fetal heartrate and contractions twice a day and they are looking for accellerations in his heartrate ... sometimes he has to be woken up with a couple M&Ms... that REALLY gets him going!!

I heard that too, but this is the first time (well, that woke me up and I noticed) that he kicks in the middle of the night. It was so much and so fierce, it woke me up. I don't know if he was causing my stomach pains, or if he was reacting to whatever it was too.

I didn't have anything unusual, just about 1c of mexican food & flan.. but that was hours before I went to bed. I don't normally feel him moving when I eat, I feel him moving when I'm about to eat.. like he knows it's coming and he gets excited lol. Like when I went to lunch today, I haven't felt him move since waking up in bed.. but sitting in the restaurant he started kicking really low until I started eating--then he stopped.

Heather I meant to ask, does that mean you found out it's a girl (and I missed a post somewhere) or you just use 'she' as a generic baby gender?

Heather I meant to ask, does that mean you found out it's a girl (and I missed a post somewhere) or you just use 'she' as a generic baby gender?

I just had my mid-point ultrasound last week. The tech said she had 3 lines and no danglies, so she is pretty sure it is a girl. I then asked her at the end if she could check again and print off a picture, she did and it was the same results. They had no problem seeing it because she was in a head down position with her legs stretched out in front of her.

Right now we are trying to come up with name possibilities. The name Ayla is on the top of our list. It is a Turkish name that means the halo of light around the moon. We were trying to find a Turkish name that doesn't sound too "foreign" for the USA. I also wanted it to be a different name, something you don't hear to often.

It is funny, a week ago I had next to no baby stuff. Since that ultrasound I now have a basinette and tons of girly clothes (JC Penny's and Kohls were having unbelievable sales of the cutest stuff at 70% plus off). The words "it's a girl" seems to have awoken the shopaholic in me, lol.

So, we are having a girl. :scared2: My husband has been sure it would be a girl from day one . . . he said he had a dream, lol.

The weird thing is, I am the only person I know having a girl. I know 4 people that are pregnant personally who are having boys, and even on this forum I think everyone that I know of is having a boy so far.

Aww woohoo congrats!!

Before I knew, the only baby thing I bought was a girl's onesie thing I got from Cracker Barrel.. My fav. animal is an elephant and they had the cutest pink & yellow striped sleeper with a fuzzy elephant peeking out of the seam.. oh well! As soon as I found out it was a boy, I (still) find myself shopping daily for deals on cute baby boy stuff. So far my favorite is a dark green & cream striped thermal sleeper from Baby Gap with little green Patches on the elbows and a hoodie. Girls stuff is so cute though, I have to not look.. and most elephant stuff I find is girls..

RL friend finds out tomorrow the sex of her baby.. she has 2 small boys, and her current pregnancy was twins but she lost one around 8 weeks. Curious to see if she's having another boy!!

Right now we are trying to come up with name possibilities. The name Ayla is on the top of our list. It is a Turkish name that means the halo of light around the moon. We were trying to find a Turkish name that doesn't sound too "foreign" for the USA. I also wanted it to be a different name, something you don't hear to often.

Heather, I Love that name! It's funny, we are entertaining 2 similar possibilities if we have a girl...Laila or Ailee (pronounced like Hayley without the "H"). Ailee is an old Italian name that I love...it means angelic fire...interesting!

HeatherO wrote:

I have also been on a fruity yogurt kick lately. I like the Yoplait Whips or the Yoplait Light "Thick" yogurts. I like the different textures, there is plenty of Calcium and not too many calories.

Hey peeps! Heather, are you eating yogurt sweetened with aspartame, as most light/fat free yogurts are? I've been looking everywhere for non-fat yogurts sweetened without aspartame and can't find any....since preggos can't have aspartame, I've been eating regular lowfat yogurt, but at nearly 220 calories per cup, thats just hard on me.

I am up about 5-7 lbs depending on the day I weigh. Not great for only 7 weeks, but I am TRULY getting hungry all the time now, so trying to make good choices. My cravings are similar to all of yours, mostly sweet stuff (powdered donuts, grapes, blueberries, yogurt and cereal) I think part of the weight gain is due to Constipation and Water retention...at least I hope so!

Ejmdiva

I came across to your posting while searching aspartame in google. You said you can not find any non fat yogurt that does not contain aspartame. Well I buy Walmart's brand Great Value non fat plain yogurt all the time, and there is no aspartame in it.

I also compared the amount of sugar in non fat free to the regular yogurt. The amount of sugar was same meaning that they did not add extra sugar to the fat free yogurt just to give better taste.

By the way I am from Turkey and Ayla is a beautiful name, go for it. :redface: I can not believe a Turkish name would be cool to consider for an American mother. In Turkey it is the other way around. Go figure :)

Edited by misterno

By the way I am from Turkey and Ayla is a beautiful name, go for it. :thumbup: I can not believe a Turkish name would be cool to consider for an American mother. In Turkey it is the other way around. Go figure :lol:

Thanks :0). My husband is originally from Turkey . . . and therefore so is half my extended family. We spend an extended vacation there every year so it is not so surprising we would choose a Turkish name. However, I imagine our extended vacations might be diminished for a little while with a new baby.

Are you originally from Turkey or are you living there now? Can I ask what general area are you from?

Just to stay on the topic; I would like to learn if calling the 800 number on the product and asking if the food contains aspartame or not is a wise idea.

I did this with my fat free Philly cheese and as soon as the customer service rep heard aspartame, she started to behave strange so I asked if she has been getting calls about aspartame. She replied that she has received numerous calls about it and that the item does not contain aspartame but only sugar. She claimed since it is listed as sugar only on the box but not Nutrasweet or Splenda, it should be natural sugar but I am not sure if she is right or not. Any thoughts on this?

And all that time, I was wondering how come fat free cream cheese can taste so good. :thumbup:

Edited by misterno

Okay, I was banded on 2/27/07. Have lost 60 lbs or so. I really do want to have another baby and want to know what to expect with the band, port...fill/unfill????

What should I expect? Has any of you had any problems, concerns. Any information you can give me would be great.

:thumbup:

skinny - it really all depends ... some people got really tight, some did not... initially, i got REALLY tight and needed a partial unfill, then i got a fill then eventually was completely unfilled cause i was afraid i'd get too tight and wouldnt be able to get an unfill due to the position of my uterus... just paranoid i guess...

my port got tender towards the end and my son did end up kicking it (or it felt like he was kicking it)...

overall, i had no issues with my band in pregnancy.

Hey Gang!

I just found out this week that I'm pregnant! I'm very excited and am looking forward to this journey. I am 5 weeks and was actually pretty tight. Usually, I get tight around my TOM, but I was noticing I wasn't having the normal PMS symptoms. That's when I started getting suspicious. I took the home test and it was definite. I used on of the digital ones. The next day, I went to my GYN and tada!

I just got a complete unfill yesterday. I only had 1cc in there, but that was working for me. (I have lost 76lbs total.) And the heartburn I had from being too tight is now gone. I hope I don't have a lot of it during the pregnancy.

I'm excited to join the rest of you ladies! I'll be hanging out and checking in on ya'll.

Well congrats to you w/your new bundle. I hope all is going well for you and your new family!

Hi guys, I'm a granny to be my daughter just done a home test and its positive, she was banded 2007, and has lost 55lbs, I'll be following you all on your journey.