Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Congratulations chimboree26 on your happy news!!! We will be looking forward to hearing regular updates on your progress.

MMM, congrats on your daughter as well. It will be so much fun to spoil the baby without all of the sleepless nights, lol. Is this your first grandbaby?

I have two other grandchildren from my son, but this will be the first from my daughter, and our first banded baby. Woop Woop. I was banded 1 week ago and she told me the morning I was going for the op its been a very exiting week.

I want to get pregnant next year 2010 after i get some weight off of me, i have some health issue's and my weight now is 355 pounds. I have two children now, but i got married in 2005 and my husband has no birth children of his own. He loves our two children our two boys ages 18 and 19, and the kids love there step-dad. I want to try for my girl. Wish us luck i get banded on March 16,09.

Congratulations :smile:
congratulations!
Congratulations chimboree26 on your happy news!!! We will be looking forward to hearing regular updates on your progress...

Thank you guys. It's still sinking in that I really am pregnant. I got an unfill on Friday (b/c I was getting tight and having heartburn) and met w/the dietcian. All is well now. Just having dizzy spells...no fun at all.

I will certainly keep ya'll posted!

MMM,congratulations...on your banding and the new grandbaby to be! Hope you're doing well w/your recovery.

hi everyone i am 9 1/2 weeks pregnant and were really excited about it, my only fear is that my doc completely unfilled me and i'm starving all the time! i knew i needed a slight unfill as i could hardly get anything down since 5 weeks, i just dont want to blow up like i did with my other 2 pregnancies as i know how easy it is to do that! anyone have this happen but manage to cope alright? any advice would be appreciated :rolleyes:

Claireycurtis,

Congratulations! I, too, had a complete unfill. This is my first pregnancy, but I know what you mean about the fear of blowing back up. When I had my unfill, I met w/my dietician and we discussed my plan of attack. It's not much different from what I've been doing. Eating only when I'm hungry, eating healthy choices, and just not overdoing it. I know it's easier said than done, but that's what will prevent us from going overboard. And my dietician said I only need to consume an additional 250 - 300 calories/day now that I'm pregnant.

Oh and keep up w/your exercise. Hopefully, this helps. Just stick around here w/us and we'll work it out together!!

Today is the first day in my entire pregnancy I didn't feel like I was starving.. Something must be wrong!!!! :thumbup:

Today is the first day in my entire pregnancy I didn't feel like I was starving.. Something must be wrong!!!! :thumbup:

Lol. It does make you wonder, huh? :thumbup: I know I'm wanting something right now to eat...stomach is really growling...loudly...

My daughter went to see her banding surgeon last week and he has offered to keep on seeing her on free consultations, at spire/bupa Cardiff in South Wales he was happy to let her keep her fill as it is until her consultancy next month and then depending on her weight will decide on if she needs a full or partial unfill, but so far her appetite is good but not excessive, so hopefully, she might only need a partial unfill, she is now 8 weeks pregnant, feeling very tired and cannot drink plain Water, tea, juice, and milk is fine though, she seems to be eating a lot of cheese. Hope you are all feeling happy and healthy.

hi everyone i am 9 1/2 weeks pregnant and were really excited about it, my only fear is that my doc completely unfilled me and i'm starving all the time! i knew i needed a slight unfill as i could hardly get anything down since 5 weeks, i just dont want to blow up like i did with my other 2 pregnancies as i know how easy it is to do that! anyone have this happen but manage to cope alright? any advice would be appreciated :cursing:

Hi claireycurtis, its great to have another uk preggie bandster on here, where did you get banded.

Hi I am 4 months pregnant and have been banded since July. I know I got pregnant too soon. I have lost 57 pounds and have lost about 10 pounds since being pregnant. The doc says the baby is growing just fine but I still worry if I'm eating enough. I had them take out all my cc except for 2 and I feel like I'm eating normally now. Anyone else been pregnant and gained no weight?????

I kept loosing until about 1 month ago. Since then I have gained maybe 5-8 pounds between 6-7 months pregnant.

Thank you guys. It's still sinking in that I really am pregnant. I got an unfill on Friday (b/c I was getting tight and having heartburn) and met w/the dietcian. All is well now. Just having dizzy spells...no fun at all.

I will certainly keep ya'll posted!

I've heard from other bandsters that one of their first signs of pregnancy was that they were all of a sudden tight and doing liquids didn't help (this was of course before the test even showed positive) did you experience any unusual tightness?

I've been experiencing all the signs of pregnancy these past few days but my tests are still showing negative...and i'm REALLY tight..argh