Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Newlife,

Words cannot express my sadness at your news, I am so sorry. I usually get an email anytime anyone posts on one of the threads I follow, so I'm sorry this is late.

Prayers are sent to you and yours.

hey ladies ....

I've been "lurking" around the site for a while since I was banded in August and its only been just recent that I've needed to come back and join the "Pregnant and Banded" forum.

My husband and I found out that I was pregnant on January 2nd --- after buying almost half of the pregnancy tests at the grocery store ;) We were away for New Years and just so lucky that where we were is where my doctor is (we live 8 hours from him now - but I still have him as my regular doctor). I had him check my hcg levels to confirm ... as all the pee sticks in the world couldn't make it feel real!

We suffered two miscarriages in a year - one last Christmas (2007) and then in May (2008). I'm praying that this will stick and give us a happy ending. This is our first try after being banded and even though I still have a long ways to go --- it was the best time for us to try. I've got more blood work tomorrow just to confirm my hcg levels are doubling and then on the 30th I've got my first ultrasound. I'm due September 8/09 based on my 32 day cycle. It won't be until that ultrasound and see a heartbeat that I will be happy (I'm happy now, but......)

I've just entered my 6 week and I feel good - other than feeling ill at night, my boobies are extra sore and I probably go thru a whole roll of toilet paper a day by peeing so much (I drink lots of water). I've had some mild cramping (which my obgyn said is normal) and no spotting so I feel good about it all.

My fill I currently have 1.6cc in a 4cc band ..... I was going to make an appointment to get another fill, but then found out we were expecting so I guess I'll have to wait til September / October before that next fill. I do have trouble eating chicken, roast beef and starchy foods so I may need a de-fill eventually. My appetite isn't huge at the moment, I've been very cautious about what i put in my mouth - no junk food at the moment! Actually I lied - I do have an appetite today .... when I got home from work I had some Scotch broth Soup and a fried egg sandwhich -- I never eat that much in one sitting!

I hope that everyone is doing well --- I sure hope that everyone is doing well and hope to meet some friends while we all go thru this (its hard to talk to some of my friends cause they don't understand the band to begin with and now certainly don't understand it being pregnant!)

Alana

belvi@hotmail.com

thanks! I hope that this one sticks too!!! Have a great weekend everyone!

:yikes:

Hi Everyone! It looks like I'll be joining all of you, I really hope it sticks!! I got my BFP 3 days ago, it was super early - my period isn't due until this coming Friday. I had a good feeling and took a test. It was a super light line, but its been getting darker - so about 5 tests later, I think I can say it's official! I'm trying to be really cautious because it is so early.

When should I tell my lap band doc? I think I'll need a slight unfill. I've been really tight lately, and PBing very often no matter how careful I am. I've only told my Fiance, and best friend - I really want to wait a few more days to tell my family (at least my sister and my mom), and then TRY to make it to 12 weeks to tell everyone else, co-workers, etc. This is so hard, I have a big mouth!!

Hope all is well!!

hi michelle, welcome and congrats!!! :)

my line started VERY faint blue as well and i took about 6 home tests and even went to my primary care for a few blood draws to see the HCG levels rise. i am now 36w1d pregnant (on bed rest in the hospital due to preg induced hypertension *PIH*- but thats ok)... i have an induction date of 1/30!

i dont think you HAVE to tell your lap band doc until you feel you need an unfill... for me i got REALLY tight about 6-8 weeks into it (barely could do liquids), got a slight unfill then a few weeks later got a slight fill only to get completely unfilled a few weeks after that... i was losing quite a bit, but with the PIH, gained 21 pounds of mostly Water weight in about a month - since on bed rest, i've lost about 1/3 of that...

congrats again on the pregnancy - i hope it sticks!! :)

Thanks losing! Congrats on your upcoming delivery date. It's so soon! How exciting. :)

The tests have made me a little nervous because the lines will go from dark pink, to light the next day, to almost non-existent, and then back to dark pink again? I've tested twice first thing in the morning (including this morning), and both times the lines were the lightest I've seen? A few hours later much darker. I'm not even getting up to pee in the night, so it's very odd. But I guess the point is I'm still pregnant. I'm going to call my doctor on Monday for a blood test. I guess I've just read too much online and am paranoid that it won't stick. Ahh. Wish me sticky vibes!

Michelle,

i am the POSTER CHILD for paranoia... every morning - like clockwork - i get up about 500, call the nurse, we do vitals, etc... the baby then wakes up too... i play a little music to my belly and he 'dances' to it... this morning ... NOTHING... no dancing, no kicking, no nothing... talk about freaked out. i finally get on the monitor, 3 minutes later i think he is literally trying to kick thru my stomach...

try not to let the paranoia get to you too much...

sticky vibes

Yup yup, I was extremely paranoid. I'm better these days, but it wasn't till my 20 week ultrasound that I finally started to let my guard down and let myself be excited.

I wasn't expecting to be pregnant, but one week I was SO tight, I had such a hard time eating and I was out of town on vacation, so I figured.. if it's still like this when we get back, I'll go to doc. We got back on a Sunday, that Monday I was still very tight, so I called to make an appt. for an unfill. A few hours later I realized my period was late, and took a test. It was distinct. I was only 2-4 weeks pregnant at that point. So my tightness was early on, I did get an unfill. My breasts were so tender that next couple of weeks, then that too went away and has not come back. The band loosened up, until about 2 weeks ago (24 weeks), I've started to get tight again.. so I'm glad I didn't refill. He only took .5cc out, but very little saline makes a lot of difference for me. I have 2cc left.

You both drank the LBT Water, eh.. hope it works out for you both :)

hey ladies ....

I hope that everyone is doing well --- I sure hope that everyone is doing well and hope to meet some friends while we all go thru this (its hard to talk to some of my friends cause they don't understand the band to begin with and now certainly don't understand it being pregnant!)

Congratulations Alana!!! I am sending lots of sticky vibes your way.

I also had inconsistent results on pregnancy tests as well. I did not get a bfp until more than 6 weeks after my previous menstrual cycle. I thought maybe I wasn't really pregnant, but I was told on this forum that any positive line, even faint, means pregnancy. :)

I remember the constant peeing early on and it went away. I drink constantly too. If fact it seems as if being pregnant is making me extra, extra thirsty all the time now.

I think it is a great idea to wait a little on that fill just in case. Some of us have gotten extremely tight in waves since pregnancy.

We look forward to hearing more from you. Congrats and good luck!!!:wink5:

Hi Everyone! It looks like I'll be joining all of you, I really hope it sticks!! I got my BFP 3 days ago, it was super early - my period isn't due until this coming Friday. I had a good feeling and took a test. It was a super light line, but its been getting darker - so about 5 tests later, I think I can say it's official! I'm trying to be really cautious because it is so early.

Congratulations!!!

I needed an emergency unfill right around the time of conception. I got immediately so tight that I couldn't get liquids down without a struggle. Some of us are affected that way.

You are so lucky to learn early. I did not get a bfp until more than 2 weeks after my period was due, lol.

I am happy you will be joining us in our pregnancy discussions. Congrats and best of luck to you!!!

Yesterday I painted & did the nursery..I over did myself, and my back was aching--and I was exhausted so I took a mid-day nap. Woke up and back felt better. Went to bed again around 10pm and at 2am I woke up with some cramping and baby was kicking like crazy. I self medicated, something I do for PMS cramps (orgasm!), and it did go away after a few minutes..and he finally stopped with the constant kicking and I went back to sleep. He did his normal kicking this morning, so I assume he's fine.. but last night I kept thinking.. what is he so upset about, is he hurt, etc?? Is it unusual for baby to be kicking up a storm in the middle of the night, that I'm not use to..? Maybe because he's getting bigger I just feel more of them? :/

Yesterday I painted & did the nursery..I over did myself, and my back was aching--and I was exhausted so I took a mid-day nap. Woke up and back felt better. Went to bed again around 10pm and at 2am I woke up with some cramping and baby was kicking like crazy. I self medicated, something I do for PMS cramps (orgasm!), and it did go away after a few minutes..and he finally stopped with the constant kicking and I went back to sleep. He did his normal kicking this morning, so I assume he's fine.. but last night I kept thinking.. what is he so upset about, is he hurt, etc?? Is it unusual for baby to be kicking up a storm in the middle of the night, that I'm not use to..? Maybe because he's getting bigger I just feel more of them? :/

Perhaps you are just feeling them more now that you are further along. Perhaps he is making up for lost time . . . since it took so long for him to start kicking vigorously in the first place, lol. Maybe all that activity in the nursery kept him awake longer than usual and his sleep pattern is off a little.

Did you eat anything unusual for dinner/dessert last night? I feel the kicks so much more a while after eating something, especially if it is something sweeter than normal.

I am still in the early stages where I feel the movements lightly and then it goes away. It seems as soon as I really feel her kicking and start to pay attention it stops, lol. I am really looking forward to her kicking up a storm like yours.

By the way, I had to tell my husband about your baby's reaction to the Water action scene in the Benjamin Button movie. He thought it was hilarious how you had to cushion the sound, lol. :)