Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

No morning sickness here, not even nausea. I didn't think I was pregnant because I did not see any signs. I did feel implantation, but I thought it was just really bad cramps for a late period.

With 20/20 hindsight I had two pregnancy symptoms that I didn't recognize. One was that my boobs hurt. A lot. Putting on a bra became a delicate procedure, and frontal contact like a hug was out of the question. I figured my boobs just hurt, no reason... I'd never heard of it being a sign of pregnancy. Two was my emotions. Speaking generically, I'm as emotionally detached as they come while still being sane. I bawled at the freaking Shamu show, ok?

Not having morning sickness doesn't mean your pregnancy isn't going by the book, and it's absolutely nothing to worry about. Some women have it, some do not. Some have it some pregnancies while not others. Some have nausea but no sickness. Some have it once, some have it their entire pregnancy. It's totally one of those random things. If anything, be glad you aren't going through it!

Juno,

Did your doc indicate whether there would be any problems if you were not tight and just didn't get an unfill?

I am 31 weeeks and am at 1/6 in a 4 cc band. No one has mentioned that I need an unfill or that there will be complications if I don't get one.

Should I request an unfill?

Lisalu

Nope, he would've let me go right through delivery with my fill in place, as long as I wasn't having any problems.

With my risk for c/s though, it's a little different. I've been told that for ANY surgery I would have to be emptied first, and as far as I'm concerned a c/s counts as surgery! Plus, at my hospital, they automatically hook you up to IV fluids during delivery, and I'm pretty sure that would cause me some band issues to begin with.

I would say just talk to your doc about any concerns you have about delivering with a fill vs being unfilled. Who knows? We're all so different. :)

My breasts were sore the first week I found out, and now it comes and goes (but nothing like it was that one week). I feel random cramping every once in a while, mostly in the mornings.. it's not as bad as PMS cramps, just distinct discomfort. Had some bloating, and unusually gassy.. but nothing that screams at me. I've been told lately I am freaking out over little things (by mom & DH), but when they have told me that I feel completely normal; I'm not getting upset about anything. So it's confusing me, and irritating me, and I have to make a point NOT to get upset that they are saying I am upset, when I know I'm not. They keep ganging up on me. I did boohoo over some silly things that first week too, but the hasn't happened lately.

4 hours till my ultrasound!

Cool ultrasound picture Laura. I'm sure you are relieved. I know I felt better after my ultrasounds & hearing the baby's heartbeat. What a comforting sound! Good luck!

Hi everybody.

Well, now that the sheer shock has warn off, I am ready to join the pregnancy board! LOL Just got a call from the dr yesterday to confirm what three HPT's already told us! I am so newly pregnant if not for the test and the Constipation, I wouldn't even know it to be true. So, we are adding to our family, we have two other children.

I have finally come to grips with becoming pregnant 8 months post op (condoms only work if you use them EVERY TIME) and being 40lbs from my goal weight. But this is a blessing. We were planning on trying at the beginning of next year after my one year anniversary, but God decided that was too long to wait.

Feeling good so far, no issues. Praying no morning sickness like the last time UGH. I haven't told my surgeon yet, waiting for my first drs appointment to see where we are. I am eating normally and healthily, and have decided to throw my scale out. I don't feel like stressing about it!

I hope all is well with everyone else and happy and healthy pregnancies to all.

Hi Everyone

I am 9 weeks pregnant - I have had 3 fills since my lap band op at the end of April this year. A happy unexpected event as I am still some way to get to my goal weight.

I haven't been to see the doctor yet. Anyone have general advice on pregnancy with th lap band - do I have to get it unfilled??? removed??

It depends on your dr if you have to have your band unfilled. My dr said I should at 35 weeks just in case I needed a c-sec. But I wasn't having any problems and did not get it unfilled. I did have a c-sec and did not have any problems with my band being full still.

Hi! I finally get to join this chat! I hope my doc doesn't get miffed at me- it's only been 9.5 months since my surgery & I've only lost 66 pounds. YEY ANYWAY!:smile2:

I am not pregant yet, but my Dr. prescribed me Prenatal 19 29 mg - 1mg Chew Tab. They are great. They are chewable and with my insurance they cost much less than buying them from Target or Walgreens. Thanks.

thanks Randa

Will see what the doc says. For now I am doing great. I am only 10 weeks and still losing weight. I supposed that will stop soon??? did you put much weight on??

Well I am happy to finally be joining this thread. I think I am somewhere around 5-6 weeks pregnant, not exactly sure.

I don't have any symptoms at all yet . . . I am hoping I have just gotten lucky so far.