Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

RE: Vitamin, I ake Natachew. Large but chewable, doesn't taste horrible. When I forget to take it I take a Centrum, the RDVs are within safe guidelines. (insert new paragraph) I lost a lot of weight during the first... I'm going to say 12-16 weeks of my pregnancy. As in, I went from dropping a pound or two every few months to losing almost 30 pounds my first trimester, WITHOUT morning sickness. In fact my eating really didn't change much. Part of what was mild dehydration, but part was def. fat loss. My OB wasn't too concerned. I was given until 20 weeks to stop active loss, and was told I didn't need to GAIN until the end. Sure enough, right around wk 20 the loss stopped as quickly as it started.

I'm jumping on the preggo bandster wagon! I am 5 weeks today....due Aug 3, 09 (or around then!).

We tried for about 6 months, using ovulation kits and charting, finally decided to relax and got rid of all of that, BOOM, pregnant!

Congrats on the baby. I'm a mom and I love it.

I was banded in jan this year, have lost 40 kilos and am pregnant, 11 weeks, due 20th June 2009. i have a son, Nelson who is 2 and a half.

I have already put on a kilo in these first weeks, I am able to eat a bit more and have been drinking alot of milk, not flavoured, just plain milk, but its very high in calories.

I am concerned about putting on weight this pregnancy. My obstetrician does not think i should put on any. i hope not. Anyone got any tips??

Congrats Ladies!

I'm expecting also i'm due around 08/01/08. Is it true your have to get unfilled when your pregnant? I am eating more than usual and after eating i often experience pain around my port area and/or my right side/back. Anyone heard of this?

I was banded in jan this year, have lost 40 kilos and am pregnant, 11 weeks, due 20th June 2009. i have a son, Nelson who is 2 and a half.

I have already put on a kilo in these first weeks, I am able to eat a bit more and have been drinking alot of milk, not flavoured, just plain milk, but its very high in calories.

I am concerned about putting on weight this pregnancy. My obstetrician does not think i should put on any. i hope not. Anyone got any tips??

We have a lot in common. I was banded in Jan of this year and am due 9th June. I have lost a couple of kilos since I got pregnant but it must be luck because I am definitely eating more. I also have been drinking a lot of plain milk as well . . . I just seem to crave it.

Congrats Ladies!

I'm expecting also i'm due around 08/01/08. Is it true your have to get unfilled when your pregnant? I am eating more than usual and after eating i often experience pain around my port area and/or my right side/back. Anyone heard of this?

My doctor said I had to get unfilled, and then we negotiated fo a parital fill . . . which is still kind of like being unfilled since I can eat anything.

Every doctor is different, some want everything out and some say you can leave it all in as long as you are comfortable.

here to join you! just got a positive test yesterday! I have so many questios regarding mypregnancy and my band. Reading all of these posts really helps!

I'm a little worried that I'm pregnant. Does anyone take Loestrin 24 or know anyone that has? I just got on the pill a month ago and I'm on my 2nd day of inactive pills and no period yet.... Should I be worried?

here to join you! just got a positive test yesterday! I have so many questios regarding mypregnancy and my band. Reading all of these posts really helps!

Welcome to our happy little group!!!

How long have you been banded and how are you doing with banded life? How has your pregnancy been so far . . . any symptoms?

I'm a little worried that I'm pregnant. Does anyone take Loestrin 24 or know anyone that has? I just got on the pill a month ago and I'm on my 2nd day of inactive pills and no period yet.... Should I be worried?

If you took them for the full month without missing doses you should be fine. My period would usually not come on the second day, it was usually the third or fourth when I had the inactive pills. Chances of getting pregnant are so small it is not worth worrying about.

Also, depending on how much you are losing and how far along you are post banding, it can affect your periods as far as timing and intensity.

I would give it another 2 days before even stressing about it.

Heather

I was banded 1/15/08 and I'm down 60lbs. I've REALLY slowed down the past few months my excuse was it was summer and we were traveling, camping so forth but I should have made better choices :thumbup: it's all a learning process and I'm back on track now! just in time to findout I'm preggers. I'm down 5lbs just from a week ago this because I started doing all the right things. I'm determined not to gain a bunch wiht this pregnancy. With my first I gained nearly 50lbs! ugg

anyhow I'm sure most of this is in my head but I've been hungry all day. Nibbling on good things but nibbling none the less. I really don't want to let myself believe the "I'm eating for two" thing again this time around!

I'm definitely eating more too, but the scale right now is more of an annoying foe than a good trusted dieting partner. For one thing, it shows me 5 lbs up one day, then 1 lb up the next, so i know it's Water weight and other pregnancy-related bloat. I am definitely more hungry, but my doc said i should only be eating about 300 cals more a day than usual, so i'm trying to behave...ugh. He also doesn't believe in unfills unless you're super sick, so i guess we'll wait and see. My nausea has been only occasional so far...

I think part of the issue (gross-out, too much info warning!) is that i am having some Constipation, which my obgyn said is quite common in early pregnancy, especially your first baby, as this will be for me...so i know that contributes to weight retention in a rather icky way. Is anyone else dealing with this? A friend had it so bad that she would bleed while making bowel movements for weeks!

my advice on constipation.... don't do it!!!!

start being vigilent NOW about what you eat and maybe even mix a little metamucile (sp?) into a meal once a day because I got hemorrhoids during my first pregnancy due to Constipation around month 7 and it was the WORST experience of my life! seriously! This time around I'm going to make sure to eat good amounts of Fiber daily and even take a supplement every other day to make sure things keep moving. I'm about 4weeks along, and I'm already having crazy cravings. I'm doing my best not to give into them though, just like I'd fight off a normal craving, i busy myself and typically a few min later I've forgotten about it. It's gonna be a long 9mo though if I"m already jonz'n for junk;)