Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

We have a lot in common. I was banded in Jan of this year and am due 9th June. I have lost a couple of kilos since I got pregnant but it must be luck because I am definitely eating more. I also have been drinking a lot of plain milk as well . . . I just seem to crave it.

Hi Heather,

Congrats on your pregnancy. This is my second pregnancy and I really battled with my first, i was nearly 40 kilos heavier and so much more miserable. i am looking forward to actually looking pregnant and not just really fat.

I have been craving milk too, what is with that. some people says it means i am having a boy, some say a girl LOL, go figure, everyone is an expert.

I have stayed teh same weight for the past few weeks and i am happy. I do have restriction and my dr does notthink I need to be unfilled. I am seeing a dietician though and am on a strict diet. I have been eating icecream though, I am so bad. The old fat me has the potential to raise its ugly head again :sad_smile:

All I know is I want healthy baby and i want to do it by gainingthe least amount of weight possible. is that too much to ask?:tongue:

Hi All! Congrats to all the Pregnant banders out there. :blushing: My Fiance and I are TTC, it's only been a week since ovulation and I'm starting to feel different. I think it could just be me looking too far into every slight little feeling I have; from my research, most women don't feel anything for a few weeks, while others can tell right away. I've been super tired lately - but busy, I have had light cramping for the past few days, and a dull headache. I know it can't be that easy as we just started! I wanted to see what you're first symptoms were ? Was it a total surprise or did you feel strangley at first ?

Hope to join you all soon!

-Michelle

Hi All! Congrats to all the Pregnant banders out there. :blushing: My Fiance and I are TTC, it's only been a week since ovulation and I'm starting to feel different. I think it could just be me looking too far into every slight little feeling I have; from my research, most women don't feel anything for a few weeks, while others can tell right away. I've been super tired lately - but busy, I have had light cramping for the past few days, and a dull headache. I know it can't be that easy as we just started! I wanted to see what you're first symptoms were ? Was it a total surprise or did you feel strangley at first ?

Hope to join you all soon!

-Michelle

This might sound crazy . . . but my pregnancy symptoms such as nausea, or feeling different, or sore breasts, or fatigue that would make you think "OMG, could I actually be pregnant???" always came to nothing. I think I just wanted it so much I was hyper sensitive.

Finally when I really was pregnant . . . guess what symptoms I had???? No symptoms at all, lol. Other than lack of a period, even then I didn't believe it because my first 4-5 pregnancy tests were negative and I didn't get a positive until 6+ weeks after my last period.

So, all those times with I think so, I think so, I think so = negative . . . it was the I really don't think so that = positive. It is strange how all that works, lol.

I'm really frusterated and need some words of support! I'm 5weeks pregnant and I've gained 3lbs in the past week and a half. I really haven't changed how I'm eating. I'm really trying to be aware of what I eat because I don't want to pack on the 40lbs like I did last pregnancy (pre-band) I know I have to gain some weight but I didn't think 3lbs it would eb 3lbs in the first week! :blushing:

Well I'm a huge pregnancy gainer it seems.. My only support would be to tell you what I keep telling myself. As soon as I have the baby, I will get my good fill back and lose it all over again!

I gained really quick right after I found out, plateaud for a month (3rd or 4th month) then started gaining again recently. Started 212lb and now I'm up to 235lb :/

Michelle- We got pregnant on the first try so keep your fingers crossed. It only takes once (remember your parents warning you about that?)!

cherry-blue/Heather

Looks like we have a lot on common :thumbup: I was banded the 15th of Jan this year so we are only a few days apart! and I'm due in August. When are you due? I'm not so quick with translating you kg into my lbs? lol how much have you gained since becoming pregnant? I really don't want to gain very much and I know htat sounds selfish but I was miserable last pregnancy with the weight I gained and since I'm still overweight I just don't want to be unhealthy. For me or the baby! I've gained about 4lbs inteh past two weeks. It's hard to see the scale go up :biggrin: I'm about 5weeks along and just feel it's too early to be gaining! this thing is only as big as a sesame seed afterall!

weight.png

preg.png

Edited by mynewlife86

Thanks all! It's funny because I've always been told that you can get pregnant anytime you have unprotected sex, but after doing some research - you can really only get pregnant about 3 days out of the month. I knew that you were more likely to get pregnant when you are ovulating, but I didnt know it is the ONLY time you can get pregnant. Guess I'm naive.

Thanks for the tips!! I have an Xmas party to go to on Friday, I've been looking forward to it for a while, and I want to have a few drinks with my friends, but I don't think I should because there is a small possibility I'm pregnant! Aunt Flo is also supposed to arrive that day, and my boobs are getting sore. Probably due to my TOM, but could be something else... I have no patience! Congrats again to all you mommies!

cherry-blue/Heather

Looks like we have a lot on common :smile2: I was banded the 15th of Jan this year so we are only a few days apart! and I'm due in August. When are you due? I'm not so quick with translating you kg into my lbs? lol how much have you gained since becoming pregnant? I really don't want to gain very much and I know htat sounds selfish but I was miserable last pregnancy with the weight I gained and since I'm still overweight I just don't want to be unhealthy. For me or the baby! I've gained about 4lbs inteh past two weeks. It's hard to see the scale go up :biggrin: I'm about 5weeks along and just feel it's too early to be gaining! this thing is only as big as a sesame seed afterall!

I am due June 9th as the official due-date although by LMP it should be the end of May. I was 150 or so around the time when I got pregnant, dropped to 141 over the first two months. I have pretty much held steady but I had seen 143 on the scale for 2 days in a row now . . . and I fear the higher weight might stick.

I feel like so far I have been lucky with my weight . . . my lack of weight gain has had nothing to do with me maintaining a strict dietary plan. I have been eating when I am hungry, drinking tons of milk and Water and trying to avoid too much sugar and fat (but sometimes I indulge). If I am hungry, I eat and have now gone up to 4 meals a day instead of 3. My extra meal generally is a small bowl of Cereal because I have been craving it a lot.

I don't want to gain more than 20 pounds . . . but I guess it will be what it will be when I get to the end. I know I have my band waiting to be kicked back into action when the time is right.

Me too, my 'late night snack' is a bowl of cereal.. not a healthy cereal of course.. Cap'n Crunch most of the time, sometimes honey nut Cheerios.

Cereal is like my dessert now heh.

Me too, my 'late night snack' is a bowl of cereal.. not a healthy cereal of course.. Cap'n Crunch most of the time, sometimes honey nut Cheerios.

Cereal is like my dessert now heh.

Lol . . . I have been on a Reese Puff's or chocolate Lucky Charms or Frosted Shredded Wheat. I don't just want cereal . . . I want sugary sweet cereal and it is like a dessert for me.

I have also been on a fruity yogurt kick lately. I like the Yoplait Whips or the Yoplait Light "Thick" yogurts. I like the different textures, there is plenty of Calcium and not too many calories.

Almost all of my indulgences are milk/dairy related. I certainly don't need any calcium supplements right now, lol.

Yeah now that you said that, most of my Snacks are dairy related these days. Well, sugary cereal & dairy! :shades_smile: Frosted shredded wheat was on my rotation too but I ran out! I don't like letting those get soggy in the bowl, I dip them in milk like Cookies.< /p>

I have yogurt smoothies for b'fast, which is something I started doing post-pregnancy, and I have wanted to eat packages of bleu cheese for months now (refraining due to that not being a cheese pregnant women are suppose to eat.. but I have had it a couple times).

I've been craving cereal too. Lately it has been Reese's Puffs. I love that stuff. LOL Otherwise, I'm craving chicken and orange juice. I rarely drank orange juice before and now I can't get enough. With my older kids, I craved cheese and meat with one and slushies from Sonic with the other. LOL