Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Mischievous1, thank you so much for responding. I asked if I should do liquids for a few days and they said I should be ok... should have known better... (that was the nurse not the doctor). I am still going to get the 1cc put back in to see if that fixes the acid problem for now.

Good luck, keep us updated...be careful, these bands are pricey tools, and we want to take good care of them! :thumbup:

Ok, I had 1cc added back in on Friday, and the acid reflux immediately stopped. I am so leaving the 1cc in there. It did wonders. My OBGYN was ok with it too.

Good luck, keep us updated...be careful, these bands are pricey tools, and we want to take good care of them! :thumbup:

what happened with your port after you got really big towards the end? Mine is already pushing against my skin and a little sore, i'm wondering how long it will go before it pushes through my skin...LOL j/k but I am a little concerned ..

I still carry quite a bit of weight in my stomach, so I had some extra padding there, LOL. My port never really became noticeable. I don't expect much different this time, since I'm only 15lbs lighter starting this pregnancy.

what happened with your port after you got really big towards the end? Mine is already pushing against my skin and a little sore, i'm wondering how long it will go before it pushes through my skin...LOL j/k but I am a little concerned ..

I don't have much abdominal fat but even through the pregnancy, the port never showed. No one knows I am banded and even with pregnancy they couldn't tell. It worked out pretty well for me. Once someone touched my belly right at the port and asked if it was a head or a foot or something. I just said I wasn't sure :0)

I don't have much abdominal fat but even through the pregnancy, the port never showed. No one knows I am banded and even with pregnancy they couldn't tell. It worked out pretty well for me. Once someone touched my belly right at the port and asked if it was a head or a foot or something. I just said I wasn't sure :0)

LMAO....you crack me up...i'll have to try that...when I was getting an ultrasound, the tech ran the wand over it at one point and it hurt because she was really pushing and I told her I had a port there (of course she was curious and I told her what it was) and she avoided it from then on to make sure and not cause me any more discomfort...why she was looking so high up is anyones guess-sometimes they rove around "pushing" to get my little guy to change positions so that may be what was going on.

I still carry quite a bit of weight in my stomach, so I had some extra padding there, LOL. My port never really became noticeable. I don't expect much different this time, since I'm only 15lbs lighter starting this pregnancy.

I carry most of my stomach fat in my lower abdomen so my port is protruding and has been since about 4-5 months along, I have to be careful when laying on my left side because it is tender there...the good news is that my skin is so stretched out from being so big before and baby one that I have NO NEW stretch marks ( I was about 40 lbs heavier starting out with baby #1 as opposed to this pregnancy)

Anyway, I still have to make it until Nov. 16th (although I think baby will come more like Oct 31-Nov 6th) so let's hope my port doesn't decide to make a break for it.. :w00t:

LMAO....you crack me up...i'll have to try that...when I was getting an ultrasound, the tech ran the wand over it at one point and it hurt because she was really pushing and I told her I had a port there (of course she was curious and I told her what it was) and she avoided it from then on to make sure and not cause me any more discomfort...why she was looking so high up is anyones guess-sometimes they rove around "pushing" to get my little guy to change positions so that may be what was going on.

I remember this from my last pregnancy. It didn't exactly hurt when the tech pressed on the port, but there was a dark spot on the u/s screen and she couldn't figure out what it was. I said," Oh yeah, that's my port." Of course, I had to then explain too, because people are usually puzzled as to why I have a port in my stomach area.

I remember this from my last pregnancy. It didn't exactly hurt when the tech pressed on the port, but there was a dark spot on the u/s screen and she couldn't figure out what it was. I said," Oh yeah, that's my port." Of course, I had to then explain too, because people are usually puzzled as to why I have a port in my stomach area.

Yeah there was a dark spot come to think of it...maybe she was trying to figure out what it was...a mystery twin or some such...LOL

I can't tell what they are looking at half the time anyway...last time I went "wow look how big my baby's head is.." to which the tech replied "that's his abdomen" needless to say, I made no more comments until told what I was looking at...LOL

Thank you for your well wishes. I'm still moving slow...I have the 5 incisions, just like when they put the band in. Haven't taken any pain meds today.

I can't help but feel a little guilty for putting the baby through all of this...all the anesthesia, pain medication, etc. I know they had to take the band out, but I still have that guilt. I just pray that the baby wasn't harmed during this. I would have a real hard time forgiving myself if something did happen. I just have to trust God.

I wish I didn't have to lose my band, but it was for the best. I've lost 80 lbs and believe I have truly made the lifestyle changes necessary to not gain the weight back. Since I had my band unfilled, I only gained 3 lbs, so I was doing pretty well. Oh well. Such is life, right?

To be honest, I don't think I'll have the band put back in after the baby's born.

You and your baby will be fine. I had Severe Hyperemisis with my daughter and had to have emergency gall bladder removal surgery at 16 weeks and never took one prenatal Vitamin and she's as healthy as can be. I just found out I'm pregnant post Lap Band and the extreme nausea has set in and is taking a hold of me something fierce, and it just week 9 or 10 (I can't keep up anymore :frown:). I am hoping and praying it doesn't last as long this time around, but it looks like its going that way right now. I am so sick of throwing up I don't know what to do. I'm in pain so bad from it that it hurts to just breathe sometime. I'm going to call my surgeon today to see if my band has slipped since they did my unfil a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking that's why I'm hurting so much, but I'm praying for the best. I hope you and your baby are doing well.

I am 12 weeks prego and this will be my first band baby. I haven't had any Fluid removed, currently have a total of 5.5 cc's and haven't had any problems so far. The nausea is quite extreme with this baby ( I didn't have any with my other two). I wonder if the lap-band contributes to this, as it takes longer to process food into the lower stomache; leaving it empty for too long? Zofran and Phenegren *<--spelling* have saved me any actual dry heaves and throwing up, since the first week of dealing with not being able to eat at all. I have lost 5 lbs, but the baby is growing and developing normally; viewed through the two sonograms I have had already.

My port area has been sore from the day of surgery on and has never really subsided. It gets irritated easily, during certain intimate activites, so I am worried about further down the road in the pregnancy and if the soreness will worsen. Any information on this?

The gas has been crazy (similar to the gas problems I experienced the first two weeks after surgery) and I finally figured out that I couldn't take the prenatal Vitamin they gave me at the OB and needed more Fiber. I have since switched over to powdered Multi-Vitamin and powdered fiber of which I put both into a homemade smoothie for my Breakfast every morning. I have always had trouble eating anything solid first thing in the morning and have heard similar stories from other bandsters.

I haven't found too much official information on banded pregnancy and my current OB has no clue what so ever but listens to me and is attentive. I am on medicaid, so I am limited on OB choices and making the best of the situation. Any suggestion, information, and experiences are especially welcome. The more knowledge I have, the better off the baby and I will be.

Thanks All!

Crystal :blushing:

Hi, I am new at this and was wondering how long could they tell when they were preggos? My and my hubby have decided to try for third child. I have had the lap band for a year and seven months. If I get preggos this would be my first baby with the band. It has been a week since my last menstale cycle but know I feel so bloated and my band feels tighter then ever. This is the first time feeling this since I was banded. Could this be that i am preggers?

congrats on all your band babys mine was born 18months ago and he a very healthy bouncing bundle of joy,

ok in reply to am i pregnant ..possibly but after just a week of your period i would say that your bloating more to do with ovulation( usually 14 days from 1st day of last period )rather than pregnant already so probably good time to being doing the deed just dont over think it pregnancy seems to come to those who wait rather than those who try to make it happen get on with life enjoy the extra intimacy that goes with hoping to get pregnant but dont expect early results though it does happen ive had five sons four of whom where concieved within first 3 months of trying one however took 9 months to concieve .

i had slip during my pregnancy had total unfill and about a few weeks later felt tight and couldnt keep anything in at all only liquids near end of pregnancy not even liquids and was quite ill i lost weight all thru pregnancy and it was very scary time i was burning with acid the whole time i lived on mcdonalds milk shake which i drank one nearly every night but i made it thru baby weighed 7lbs 5oz induced at 38 weeks i was very ill and had band replaced 10 weeks later when it was clear that band had slipped and that was so strange because i was now underweight and after op i gained weight which i found so hard to deal with even though it was well needed ,my weight been stable now for 9 months and im finally happy with it

also my port seem to move out of way it really wasnt a problem even in bad position our skin very very stretchy it will acommadate port as long as you able to get enough nutrition and take care of yourself it should not be any different to having baby without a band ..good luck all xx

YAY!!! I just found last week that I am pregnant!!! We are very excited! I am a little nervous about my first Dr. appointment though. This is my first baby so I'm nervous about what to expect. HAHA!! :thumbup:

YAY!!! I just found last week that I am pregnant!!! We are very excited! I am a little nervous about my first Dr. appointment though. This is my first baby so I'm nervous about what to expect. HAHA!! :thumbup:

Congratulations!!!

I remember my first appointment - it was exciting and fun but there was one thing I wasn't aware of that shocked me.

I knew I would get the first ultrasound and just couldn't wait . . . I had visions of the goo being placed on my belly and my little bean dancing around on the computer screen, lol. However, no one told me that it is an, umm, internal ultrasound.

I had to be embarassingly present while my husband asked "you have to stick that where????" The goo doesn't go on the belly for the first one, lol.

Good luck!!! I hope you are feeling really well during these early weeks. It is a long but entirely worthwhile journey. :0)

Hi, I am new at this and was wondering how long could they tell when they were preggos? My and my hubby have decided to try for third child. I have had the LAP-BAND® for a year and seven months. If I get preggos this would be my first baby with the band. It has been a week since my last menstale cycle but know I feel so bloated and my band feels tighter then ever. This is the first time feeling this since I was banded. Could this be that i am preggers?

My band being tight was my FIRST symptom - the tests even showed negative, but I just KNEW. Goodluck!! Keep us posted.