Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Real Food, Real Weightloss, Still Delicious

@@Sunshine_Gal, absolutely! I particularly like burgers on these (though, as I said in the recipe, good luck eating more than even 1/3 of that burger in a meal). My neighbor made sloppy joes with one of his and it worked well. Just let them cool first. If they're hard/crackly like a hardened meringue, they won't be quite as good, but will still work. I think you'll be surprised by how different they taste from meringue. Good luck and keep us posted!

Naming Contest:

Thanks to all who've been reading & liking these recipes - more are coming. However, I've received a number of PM's (and one reply) asking me to duplicate this on a blog. Rather than being one of the 95% of blogs that start, fizzle and die with readership below 100, I'd like to actually make a go of this as part of my own bariatric journey, to help keep me accountable to an audience to keep up with my own goals & to keep exploring new and exciting food along the way.

Step 1 of any successful blog is a good name and here's where I need your help! If you have any suggestions of something clever & catchy but descriptive send them my way. If someone else posts something you like, say so. Or if you like one of the names below, then please let me know. You all are my target audience, so your input is invaluable. I'm undecided whether I want the title to clearly to communicate that this is written for a bariatric audience - though open to all.

Names proposed so far:

Real food, Real Weight Loss, Real Delicious

'Smye Body 'Smye Life

That's all I've got

I like the first one. It really caught my eye in the forum threads.

@@ssourgirl, thank you for the input!

Personal Pizzas Prep Time - 5 minutes Cook Time - 2-5 minutes

This one is a little bit of a 'cheater' recipe. I'm going to make the assumption that you've already made up some BariBread, that you are using jarred sauce (my partner & I make up several dozen jars & can them every summer). Don't make your own sauce yet? Don't care for the stuff at the store? Don't worry - I'll be doing a series of posts on sauces in the next few days, so I've got you covered. For the sake of this recipe, I'm using the 365 marinara sauce in a jar for the nutrition info. All in all though, so long as you don't buy a sugar-bomb, you shouldn't have any problem finding a suitable sauce.

Note: This recipe works best with spongy BariBread rather than a crispier piece.

Ingredients:

BariBread - 1 Slice

Marinara Sauce - 2 Tbsp

Turkey Pepperoni - 4 Pieces

Mozzarella, Part Skim - 25 g

Preparation:

Spread your marinara thinly on the flat side of your slice of BariBread. Dice the pepperoni into roughly square cm pieces and spread over the marinara. Top with an evenly spread layer of mozzarella. Place on a baking sheet and broil on low until cheese is melted and slightly browned. Depending on the temperature of your broiler you may want to microwave the whole thing for 15 seconds prior to broiling to make sure the 'crust' is warm also.

Nutrition:

Calories: 152

Fat: 9 g

Carbs: 5 g

Protein: 13 g

Sodium: 117 mg

Edited by Smye

Looking forward to trying all of these recipes so excited...Thanks all!!!

@Lisaanewme76, do let us know what you think of them!

@@Stevehud Have you tried the sprouted breads? they are pretty good, but go bad rather quickly.Whole foods carries them

i didnt know that existed , i will certainly lok at them now. thank you!

My blog is called Cutting the Fat with A knife, i almost called it 50 Shades of whey, since i do a lot of Protein shakes and drinks and products on video taste tests. I like Wearing my food On My Sleeve, Bariatric's and Treats-recipe's for living. Recipe's and Q's-Mind your Mouth. Sleeve it all up to me-Bariatric recipes. Or Sleeving over a hot stove-Recipes for the Bariatric life.

I love doing this stuff. lol

@@Stevehud, HA! I love those, thank you!

@@Smye

Love the 'Smye Body 'Smye Life but it won't reflect what your blog is about, if that matters. Hopefully our 'word of mouth' will have it growing by leaps and bounds.

I want to thank you for sharing all your tried and true recipes. I can't wait to try the bread and several of the others out. Making it as soon as I post this! I scour the Internet and Pinterest all the time for recipes that will taste good and not upset my altered stomach! This was a great thread, thanks for starting it.

I hope even when you get the blog up and running you'll post the new recipe names here with a link to your blog, is that acceptable here? Hope so. Here are some name ideas ----

Bari-Good food -

Bari-Delicious Recipes

food to Live By

I like the

BARI-DELICIOUS

Name.

During both pre and post op appointments with my nutritionist, I was horrified by the suggested things I could eat once I was back to 'regular foods.' The suggestions I was given were flavorless, full of preservatives & junk, and/or otherwise reminiscent of the american 'instafoods' that are, in my opinion, a huge part of the original problems. That said, I wanted to share some of the real, whole foods I've been enjoying lately without hurting my sleeve or deviating from the dietary guidelines provided to me by my NUT. I'm down 86 lb since I started this journey on Jan 22, 2015, and loving every meal as much as, or more than, pre-op.

I've spent the last 7 years accomodating good food to meet my partner's corn, dairy, and gluten allergies without losing any of the flavor or texture with 80% of all ingredients sourced from my own small farm, so it wasn't too big of a jump to make these recipes low carb, high Protein and delicious.

In the next couple of days I'll be posting recipes like:

Bariatric BibimBbop

Pho

Pastrami Sandwich

Madras curry with fried tofu

chicken tenders with sauce

Sushi - Philadelphia rolls in particular

Personal Pizzas

Smoked cherry-glazed chicken

Barbeque-smoked chicken

Ham and cheese omlette

Pickled duck eggs

Quiche

Ham, egg & cheese sandwiches

Bari-bread

Guacamole Cheeseburgers

And many more

There's no need for food to be tasteless, uninteresting, or questionable in it's contents. If there's something you'd like to see that's not here, please PM me and I'll do my best - I also make sure to try everything myself and feed it to my executive chef neighbor before I post it to ensure it's excellent!

Sounds awesome can't wait to read, I eat clean whole foods 80% of the time myself.

Question--did you really lose 86lbs in three months? Jan 22 this year? Wow!

I like the Real food... Title and the Foods to Live By

Can't wait to follow it!

@@jess9395, thanks, glad to know I'll have at least 1 reader :). And yes, I really lost 86 lb in 3 months. My weight loss rate has slowed WAY down though, but being a young man definitely is an asset here (and in no way fair to anyone else).

Also, to you and @@MichelleTN, thank you for your input, your thoughts are invaluable.

Wow! I'm sure being young and male helps, but it's still quite a feat! Congrats!

Can't wait to try some of these recipes. I think I now need a smoker! LOVE smoked meats. So... You have goats, do you make your own goat cheese? Trying to convince hubby we need goats so I can make cheese!

@@jess9395, Yep, we raise kinders, a dual purpose breed both for milk to make cheese, soap & lotion and for meat. I love my goats and recommend them to nearly anyone. If you're interested in goats, see if you can't find someone near you who raises them and ask to see their operation and ask as many questions as you can. Also I recommend trying to make a batch of cheese before you get goats to make sure you like it as much as I do :)