Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Real Food, Real Weightloss, Still Delicious

@Smye Oh. My gosh. These recipes look amazing!!! I am just starting into the soft foods phase and I am definitely looking forward to real food again. I also live in rural Washington. :) I am going to friend you so I can keep up with your posts. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

Following so I can find when I'm on solids again!

@@jess9395, HA! Thanks for the update, I'm glad your son liked it. I work in a middle school and let me tell you, knowing one of my students' peers gave it a thumbs up is the highest form of approval I could ask for :). I hope you like the BariBread!

@@Sreeves, Wow, another Washingtonian - it often seems so many of the folks here are 'elsewhere,' wherever that is. Good luck with your soft foods phase - I ate both the Tofu Madras (without frying the tofu) and the Pho broth when I was on mine. I'm also planning to add some recipes for all phases over the next few weeks - let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like to see.

@@hellohealthy, Firstly, I love your handle. Secondly, as with Sreeves, let me know if there's anything you'd like to see that you're missing. I think you might be surprised how many 'soft' and 'liquid' foods you ate pre-op that aren't in the least 'lesser' than those solids we often find ourselves craving. High Protein Clear liquids for example? The broth you eat/ate in so many other dishes.

Edited by Smye

Can the Bari bread be made with the liquid egg whites from a carton? I hate to waste the egg yolks.

@@gardengirlkl, Absolutely! My partner uses the yolks in her GF Baking, so there's no waste for our home, but I've tried it once with the whites from the carton and, so long as your carton contains just egg whites, you shouldn't t have any problem. Mine came out pretty much identical.

Everyone: Watch the blog in about an hour for a new recipe - make-ahead Egg Bake for a quick grab-and-go Breakfast that's delicious, healthy, and wholesome.

Edited by Smye

New recipe posted:

Egg Bake - A make-ahead Breakfast that'll cover you all week.

IMG_1007.JPG

For those still using/following this thread:

What's more useful for you all? Posting the full recipes here in their forum-formatted glory? Or posting an image and a link to the blog as I did with the egg bake?

I really like the Egg Bake post for here. I am just now catching up on the whole thread (missed a few pages when I was here last!!) and I am SO happy to see you now have a blog! I will be following you both here and there. :)

I am in fish mode right now, lol. My husband just returned home from the oil fields in ND so I anticipate a nice, long salmon summer. Salmon recipies would be greatly appreciated!

@@Sreeves, Thank you for the feedback: Salmon will be coming soon - so far it's only the sushi (though I'll admit that's my favorite salmon recipe by FAR!)

Also, to clarify, do you mean you like the egg bake post as-is or that you would prefer to have the recipe posted in full and like the actual recipe?

Oh sorry! I meant to say I like it as is. It's clean and simple (and delicious looking) and I think it will drive more people to the blog. :)

Gotcha, thank you!

@@Smye, thank you for this thread. So kind of you to provide us with these recipes. I will be trying the baribread real soon.

I like how you posted the pic here & provided the link to the recipe.

Btw, you are doing great with your weight loss.

@@Kathy812, Thank you! I'm just excited to get to share them. Let me know what you think of the BariBread - it definitely seems to be the most popular recipe. By the by, you're not doing too badly on weight loss yourself - you're well over 50% there!

@@Kathy812 and @@Sreeves, Do you think it makes sense to leave the recipes already up as-is, or go back and swap them to the cleaner photo-with-a-link? I'll wait for more responses before taking any action, but wanted to get your thoughts. I want this thing as user-friendly as possible and as users, I think you both with have good insight.

@@Elode & @@LipstickLady, any insight from either of you? You both have such an accurate sense of the pulse of the forums and I'd love to hear from you.

Edited by Smye

@@Smye, I feel it's already clean & user friendly. The breakfast bake looks delish!