Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bodybugg users report here!

they just want people to waste 100 bucks for no reason.

i mean technically she can just use my username/password..but that wont give her that "clean..new..MINEEEEEE" feeling..haha.

i like the interface on the sensewear better. i wonder if bodybugg people will update their interface also when the new one comes out in the fall.

I'm really interested in the BodyBugg, but I don't want to announce to the world that I'm using it.

Few questions:

1. What are the dimensions of the body bug?

2. Do I have to wear it on my arm (i.e. can I wear it on my calf so that my pants legs conceal it)?

3. If I have to wear it on my arm, can it be easily concealed under a women's button down long sleeve oxford? under a women's short sleeved polo?

Thanks for your help!

I'm really interested in the BodyBugg, but I don't want to announce to the world that I'm using it.

Few questions:

1. What are the dimensions of the body bug?

2. Do I have to wear it on my arm (i.e. can I wear it on my calf so that my pants legs conceal it)?

3. If I have to wear it on my arm, can it be easily concealed under a women's button down long sleeve oxford? under a women's short sleeved polo?

Thanks for your help!

you have to wear it on the arm.

3.45 in x 2.2 in x 0.85 in

if i were you i would get the sensewear wms (40% smaller, 20% thinner)..OR wait for the new bodybugg coming this fall.

everyone's geuss is the new bodybugg will be the current sensewear wms.

Hi all,

I'm new to this thread. I just purchased my Bodybugg on Ebay. Pretty good deal, NIB with 3 mo subscription for $179. I looked all over and found some pretty good deals on used ones but then you have to sign up for the new user account and they really get you. If you don't get the account with a new bug they charge - I think if I remember correctly - $149 for a start up fee which includes 3 mos. I really don't think it's worth getting a new one unless you can get it for like $30 or so.

Can't wait for my bugg to get here. I'm really hoping that it will help. I've been stalled for about 4 months now. Urrgghhh!!! Everyone sounds so pleased with theirs on here so I'm really excited.

Dawn:lol:

Does anyone know when the new model is coming out? I really want to get one but I'm torn over buying one now at a discount or waiting for the new line.

if i were you i would get the sensewear wms (40% smaller, 20% thinner)..OR wait for the new bodybugg coming this fall.

everyone's geuss is the new bodybugg will be the current sensewear wms.

Just thought I would share my most recent experience. My Bugg decided it wouldn't download wirelessly. It was fine if it was hooked up directly. So, I called support, the guy walked me through 100 scineros and it never would work. I was seriously on the phone with him for an hour. He said he would escalte it to the next level. Today a rep called, asked me a bunch of questions and said he couldn't be sure if it was the wireless remote or the actual bugg, so they are sending me an entire new package! He is sending me a shipping label to send my old bugg in, and the new one will be shipped, along with an extra month added to my subscription for any inconvinences. I couldn't believe it!

I love my bugg!

ndnguy85 - what is the sensewear side & where do you wear it? I looked at their site & only saw the arm style.

Does anyone have the bugg with the watch thingie? Do you have to wear it all of the time?

Edited by skinipete

ndnguy85 - what is the sensewear side & where do you wear it? I looked at their site & only saw the arm style.

Does anyone have the bugg with the watch thingie? Do you have to wear it all of the time?

bodymedia = parent company that makes bodybugg and sensewear.

apex fitness = marketing partner of bodybugg. so bodymedia only worries about selling senswear.

bodybugg is on it's 2nd ver sion.

sensewear is on it's 3rd. the 3rd version became much smaller than the previous ones.

that's why people are waiting for version 3 of bodybugg because they figured bodymedia is bound to update the bodybugg also.

both work exactly the same way. you wear it on the upper right arm and must wear it all the time to get the most accurate results. the less you wear it, the less personal your data will be.

both have their own lil website that you use. bodybugg is geared to the average person with videos and tutorials and all that.

sensewear is a little bit more advanced. sensewear armband has a sleep monitoring feature that you can use to access the quality of your sleep.< /p>

here are the monthly costs. *senswear monthly rates are supposed to change real soon..so keep that in mind.

Sensewear: $15 a month

Bodybugg

Month to month recurring ($14.95)

1 month ($29.95)

3 months ($39.95)

12 months ($99.95)

i attached a lil chart for those visual people. :tongue2:

post-244497-13813137553089_thumb.jpg

Hey. I haven't been on in a while. I hardly use my Bugg anymore - seems I have a senstive skin allergy to the metal censors that go against my arm.

Anyway, I've made the decision to sell it off to a good home that will love and cherish it the way that I have. The current subscription is good through mid-late Oct, so you would only have to pay for a renewal, not a whole new setup. I don't know about the user name, but I know you can change the password and all the parameters to reflect your weight and your goals and such.

I also have the digital display thing. And the spare armband that came with the Bugg when I got it. I have original boxes too. (Unless my puppy chewed them up, he's been into eating cardboard lately!)

Just PM me for more info, or if you have questions. I'd like to sell it ASAP.

(Don't reply here, I don't check this site as often as I used to.)

That's the biggest problem for me as well. The Bugg works great but, my skin breaks out underneath the metal. Anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid that? I've done the switch it around, switch arms thing but wearing on my left arm isn't as natural or comfortable and moving it around on my right arm makes more breakout spots. I love the functions and the benefits of the bugg but, my skin gets really sore :thumbup: Anyone else figure out a way to avoid that?

I went to register my new bugg - yeah!! - and they say I have to have physician's permission! What's that all about. The only thing I listed was Lap Band. How long is this going to take. I emailed the nutritionist like they said I should. Urghhhhhh!!!!:biggrin:

That's the biggest problem for me as well. The Bugg works great but, my skin breaks out underneath the metal. Anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid that? I've done the switch it around, switch arms thing but wearing on my left arm isn't as natural or comfortable and moving it around on my right arm makes more breakout spots. I love the functions and the benefits of the bugg but, my skin gets really sore :biggrin: Anyone else figure out a way to avoid that?

Hi Sherry,

I haven't used my bugg in a while (just renewed my service for it today), but when I did wear it, I found that the back of my calves weren't as sensitive as my arms. The data collected when I wore it on my legs was consistent with the data from my arms, so I don't think that there is any problem wearing it there.

The other thing that you can do is to wash the area covered by the bugg with a good antibacterial soap (or even, occasionally, betadine). I think that instead of an allergy to the metal, mine was really more of a yeast reaction to having a moist area covered by metal and plastic all day.

Hope this helps some,

B