Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bodybugg users report here!

There is another thread on the acutrainer (I don't think I spelled that right, but it is something close to that). It is the closest that I know of. Good luck with your search, let us know what you choose.

OK, I am going to revive this poor little lost thread. I was doing strict low carb, and the calories are pretty high so I wasn't logging food.< /p>

Well, I am back to eating a healthy balanced diet and counting calories. I have been wearing my bugg religiously this week. So here are yesterday's numbers...

Total - 2288

Intake - 678

Deficit - 1610

Come on guys, lets get going again!!!

I did sell my bodybugg I am now 10lbs from goal and I had a coworker that really needed help so since it help me so much, I thought I will share my secret weapons with her at a cheaper price so I sold it for $100.00 with out it I would not be 100lbs lighter in 7months :thumbup:

As of Tuesday down 76lbs right now I am 301. I could not have done it without my Buggg.

to bad they didnt have a site with them used lol people who lost all they needed and wanted half priced them lol.is that cheapest u can get it for is over 300?

I just wanted to add comments about my new super fabulous toy. I have been wanting one since last year when they were shown on biggest loser. I was hesitant on buying a new one because of the cost. I was afraid it would be another weight loss toy that i would use once or twice and then give up on. So last week i bought a used one from a guy at work and i gotta say, this is the greatest thing i have ever bought ever. I'm a data freak so if i cant see the numbers then i dont pay attention to what i am doing and i lose interest. this tells me exactly what i have to do. I have been logging my food for years so I have no problem doing that with this product. Now i get an accurate measurement of what i am burning and finally all of the pieces have come together. this is the puzzle piece i have been missing to go along with my band and my therapy. :angry: I have used it for an entire week and and logged all of my food and even with eating some bad things and not execising like i normally do, I still lost 3.6 lbs. now i know that some of that was Water weight due to girly stuff, however I am pretty sure that this will help keep me on track even more. The downside is that i am a swimmer and a diver and i can not take it with me in the water. :biggrin: boo. hopefully in the 4th version of the band the can figure a way to make it water proof and diving proof.

OK, I am going to revive this poor little lost thread. I was doing strict low carb, and the calories are pretty high so I wasn't logging food.

Well, I am back to eating a healthy balanced diet and counting calories. I have been wearing my bugg religiously this week. So here are yesterday's numbers...

Total - 2288

Intake - 678

Deficit - 1610

Come on guys, lets get going again!!!

i found this thread via google a while back while looking up the bodybugg. i did get one and i been using it for 2 weeks. down about 2 lbs (142.6 to 140.4). i take in 1800, and burn anywhere from 2300-2500.

i am very curious and shocked to why your intake is soo low??

how can you get enough nutrients and stuff your body needs for barely 700 calories??

i think recommended for females is at the bare minimum 1200 and if that doesnt create a deficit you like..you have to increase your activity level.

it's not just you..i read so many posts in here where you girls were eating so little.

maybe i am missing something here..:wink2:

Most of the people on this thread have had lapband surgery, therefore, reducing the voume of food most of us eat. Having said that, 700 calories is not enough. At my most recent Dr visit I had lost 3 pounds of muscle, therefore, I have increased my calories to between 1000 and 1100. I am working up to 1200 call/day and increasing my activity. Of the 81 pounds I have lost this is the first time I have lost any muscle, so my caloric intake was ok for my body until now. I have started running, so I need the extra calories to support that activity.

1200 is a good number for women as far as intake, but if I have learned anything since being banded, it is that everybody is so different, and what works for one may not at all for someone else.

Looks like you are doing great with your bugg. Keep it up! I have not posted numbers lately, but I try to take in 1000 calories and have a deficit of 1500 daily.

Most of the people on this thread have had lapband surgery, therefore, reducing the voume of food most of us eat. Having said that, 700 calories is not enough. At my most recent Dr visit I had lost 3 pounds of muscle, therefore, I have increased my calories to between 1000 and 1100. I am working up to 1200 call/day and increasing my activity. Of the 81 pounds I have lost this is the first time I have lost any muscle, so my caloric intake was ok for my body until now. I have started running, so I need the extra calories to support that activity.

1200 is a good number for women as far as intake, but if I have learned anything since being banded, it is that everybody is so different, and what works for one may not at all for someone else.

Looks like you are doing great with your bugg. Keep it up! I have not posted numbers lately, but I try to take in 1000 calories and have a deficit of 1500 daily.

oh ok. thats good to know. sometimes people forget about all the necessary nutritions and Vitamins your body gets through diff foods..and i can't imagine eating only 700 cals while burning over 2000.

bodybugg can be a dangerous tool because people can get carried away with the deficit and instead of increasing the deficit with activity..they take the easy way out and do it with cutting food.

Well I purchased one this past week but I won't start using it until after my surgery (which is Tuesday.......please say a prayer):biggrin: any tips for a beginner that knows nothing about it??????

Well I purchased one this past week but I won't start using it until after my surgery (which is Tuesday.......please say a prayer):smile: any tips for a beginner that knows nothing about it??????

just know it's not waterproof! :wub:

i think the biggest tip is make sure you don't get carried away by the deficit and numbers. over a period of time, the numbers will make sense. and also eat enough calories. create a manageable deficit (500-750) by increasing your activity and you will be able to stick to your goal.

OK, I'm looking for a deal on a used Bodybugg!!!!

when do you want to buy one and how much do you want to spend?

V2 Bodybugg is $200 at 24hrfitness.com. Average price on ebay is probably like 150.

Sensewear or bodybugg..you can't go wrong with either because they are both made by the same company (bodymedia).

you have a couple of choices.

a. get v2 bodybugg for around 200 with three months included.

b. get v3 sensewear for 400 with six months included.

c. wait for v3 bodybugg. my guess it will be around 350 with probably 3 months included.

the biggest advantage of sensewear v3 (and future v3 bodybugg) is that..IT'S SMALLER! [50% lighter, 20% thinner, 40% smaller footprint]

i didn't feel like spending $400, or waiting for the next bodybugg. so that's why i bought it.

when the new one comes out...i might get one so i can wear it underclothes without people asking me.

here's how i see the whole ebay thing.

a. auction for brand new one with whole 3 months.

if you save a significant amount, then i don't see why not unless of course you want the warranty

b. auction for a used one with "some time" remaining.

this is good because you will have enough time to change the program up and make it yours and the next $100 you spend will be used to add an additional year to your program

c. auction for a used one with no subscription

i would stay away from these because it's going to cost you $100 to buy 3 months. even if you get the armband for a $100, you still wouldnt save anything in comparison to the 24hr deal

pooh, I usually shoot for a defecit of between 1000 and 1500. It is important to make sure that you take in enough calories to support your activity. I learned this lesson the hard way. I just finished reading Jillian Michael's book "Losing to Win". It is an excellent book and talks about calorie intake vs deficit, etc. It is very much worth the read. I understood from her book that it is ok to lose weight quickly as long as you eat the right foods, so a large deficit is ok if you support that with proper nutrition. I would have a 500 to 750 defecit without much effort at all. Here are my numbers from yesterday, and I only did 30 minutes of exercise. I do 30 min one day and 1hr on the other day, so I have a greater deficit on my 1 hr day. You also have to consider what your routine daily activities are. I have 5 kids and 4 of them are 4 and under, so I am chasing kiddos all day everyday. That's sure to burn a few calories by itself!! Best of luck to you. I love my bugg. It is a great tool in keeping track of what i am eating.

Yesterday -

total Burn - 2340

Total intake - 1085

Deficit - 1255

Do ya'll know if there is anyway to download the memory from your bugg without getting a subscription? Mine has run out and I don't really need to upload it, just get the memory freed up. I have a digital display so I know what my cals are at the end of the day.