Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bodybugg users report here!

Beth, my display came off as well. I actually lost it in my yard for a day or 2. I was freaked out. I finally found it. I use the clip now, and clip it on my pants pocket with the display facing the inside of my pocket so if it comes off it will still be in my pocket. Bummer.

Mine has fallen off twice. It's now a habit to check every so often to make sure it is secure.

OKAY... so I am very excited b/c I ordered my Body Bugg yesterday so it's on it's way. I have a question though... I was reading a Body Bugg review that says that once your 3 month free subscription to the site is over that the Body Bugg is useless unless you renew your subscription for the site at $200 a month. Please tell me this isn't so b/c I can't spend $200 a month on this. HELP! :)

$200 a month, I don't think so... If you look at Bodybugg.com you can signup for various options. The most expensive option is $14.95/month and thats a no contract, month to month, I think if you want to sign up for a year its 100 dollars.

OKAY... so I am very excited b/c I ordered my Body Bugg yesterday so it's on it's way. I have a question though... I was reading a Body Bugg review that says that once your 3 month free subscription to the site is over that the Body Bugg is useless unless you renew your subscription for the site at $200 a month. Please tell me this isn't so b/c I can't spend $200 a month on this. HELP! :)

I copied this from their website:

Renewal Option:

bodybugg Web Subscription Monthly Recurring ($14.95)

bodybugg Web Subscription 1 Month Only ($29.95)

bodybugg Web Subscription 3 Months ($39.95)

bodybugg Web Subscription 12 Months ($99.95)

Darby, I think I remember reading a post where they said they bought a used one off of Ebay, Craig's list, whatever, that it did cost $199 to activate it. If it is purchased new, and the serial number was never activated on Apex.com, then it should be the prices above. $99 for a year. after the 3 month free subscription.

If anyone can, try to buy it at the 24 hour fitness club, no shipping and immediate gratification. You do not have to be a member, just walk in. They probably will ask if u wanna join, then tell them what you want.

You can also order direct from BodyMedia, albeit more expense, but a way better product and web portal, than the bodybugg and 24hrs.

Sensewear~

I am a bit baffled, I was told that 24 hour fitness, Apex, BodyBugg were all owned by the same company, which I thought you worked for? Now you are promoting BodyMedia - which, after looking at their website, looks like a bb knockoff. What gives, does Apex own them all?

Kevin, i have the same question as Wendy. looks like you are trying to say that BodyBugg and your product are the same, which they clearly are not.

I'm confused, please explain.

I apologize for any confusion that I've caused. Let me try and clear things up.

Bodymedia is the manufacture of the bodybugg and supplies 24hr/Apex with the product. Bodymedia also manufactures a product called Sensewear-mini. It’s the next generation if you will of the old product that 24hr currently sells. It's sold mainly into a medical environment, but is available to purchase by anyone. I won't go into all the features & benefits, but its much lighter, smaller, measures sleep, & has a re-chargeable battery to name a few.

It must be said however that 24hr/Apex is a strategic partner of Bodymedia. So one can assume that down the line (sooner than later) 24hr/Apex will have the smaller version, but still not the same product as Sensewear-mini from certain measuring capabilities, such as measuring sleep. So as your head is spinning, I'll throw one more thing out. There will be another armband coming out that will be geared for the masses called "Go Wear Fit". It'll be a scaled down version of the "mini", with basically the same functionality of the current bodybugg.

Clear as mud?

Sensewear, I find it a little confusing that you are trying to promote this product to people who have spent $250 or more on the body bugg already. Maybe if your wanting to promote this product you should open a new thread...that way people can decide which one they are wanting.

JD,

Twice you said I was promoting a product. Let it be clear I'm not. Read the thread and I was responding to someone's question. If you buy from 24/hr or through Bodymedia, it makes no difference to me or the company. You and others have discovered the power of the device and that's the most important thing. Buying any technology today and as you know, something better will be out tomorrow. Sorry if took any offense to my post.

It sounded like you were promoting it to me as well - sorry for all the confusion. We are all BB fiends in here - It appeared you came across as an employee of BB, then began promoting a different product, I am sure you can see, in this thread, that is like throwing yourself into a hungry lion's den!

Hopefully no feelings were hurt - OH, I have a great idea for the new UPGRADED version - I want mine to zap me if I raise the fork to my mouth too many times! Ha!